ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 12 of 29
« First < 289101112 1314151622 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>WTF is with the defense?
OKchiefs 12:15 AM 11-23-2020
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
that's not true.

We just spent a #2 on it. Last year we brought in two FA's. The year before we brought in one.

I still think Gay will work out.

The others don't appear to have, but it's not for lack of trying.
Okay, correction. The team has no clue how to find a decent linebacker.
[Reply]
htismaqe 12:07 AM 11-23-2020
They play a ton of nickel defense.

And they've done nothing about it? They have a 2nd round pick in Willie Gay that needs to develop.

You guys spend way too much time watching linebackers. It's not 1995 anymore.

:-)
[Reply]
Titty Meat 12:08 AM 11-23-2020
Anyway I'll take the Chiefs over anyone but since winning the Super Bowl I've found it hard to care as much about regular season games. It was nice to get pumped for this game and I like that the rivalry is back on. This is already a great team and theres still another dimension we havent see from guys like Jones and Clark which I'm confident we will in the post season. We good.
[Reply]
staylor26 12:10 AM 11-23-2020
The best thing that can happen to this defense is people doubting them and disrespecting them.

They play better with a chip on their shoulder and I don’t think that chip has been there since week 3.
[Reply]
Megatron96 12:14 AM 11-23-2020
This was the first game in about a year where I felt like the defense never got squared away for an entire game. They had a couple series where they played better, but even then it was really just a couple players that got right for a snap or two.

We expect a lot from this group, in spite of the fact that they're really like 5 really good players and a bunch of role players, but they've also played above their 'paper stats' for a long time now, so seeing them play as poorly as they did tonight is pretty tough.

But how they played tonight is not where they've been playing for the last 19 games, so I'm not going to worry about them for now.

They had a really bad game. Shit happens.

Moving on to Tampa Bay.
[Reply]
dirk digler 07:59 AM 11-23-2020
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
This was the first game in about a year where I felt like the defense never got squared away for an entire game. They had a couple series where they played better, but even then it was really just a couple players that got right for a snap or two.

We expect a lot from this group, in spite of the fact that they're really like 5 really good players and a bunch of role players, but they've also played above their 'paper stats' for a long time now, so seeing them play as poorly as they did tonight is pretty tough.

But how they played tonight is not where they've been playing for the last 19 games, so I'm not going to worry about them for now.

They had a really bad game. Shit happens.

Moving on to Tampa Bay.
Except against the Raiders early this year, Carolina and the Raiders again.

They have had 2 pretty bad back to back defensive performances.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 12:15 AM 11-23-2020
It's a huge stretch to shit on a 2nd round LB who had no off season and write him off.
[Reply]
OKchiefs 12:18 AM 11-23-2020
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
It's a huge stretch to shit on a 2nd round LB who had no off season and write him off.
I'm personally not shitting on him. When the team is pinning their hopes at linebacker on an extremely raw rookie with no off-season, that's on the front office for doing fuck all to adequately address the position prior to this year.
[Reply]
staylor26 12:20 AM 11-23-2020
Originally Posted by OKchiefs:
I'm personally not shitting on him. When the team is pinning their hopes at linebacker on an extremely raw rookie with no off-season, that's on the front office for doing fuck all to adequately address the position prior to this year.
Every. Team. Has. Holes. Moron.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 12:21 AM 11-23-2020
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Every. Team. Has. Holes. Moron.
honestly, I think Sorensen is the biggest single liability.

That one play a game he makes does not make up for all the terrible tackling and complete inability to cover.

Niemann's pretty bad too, but damn.
[Reply]
htismaqe 12:23 AM 11-23-2020
It only took one post for you to go right back to "they haven't done anything".

They have. Go look at the FA signings over the last 3 years.
[Reply]
OKchiefs 12:25 AM 11-23-2020
Originally Posted by htismaqe:

The operative word there was "adequately".
[Reply]
staylor26 12:28 AM 11-23-2020
The operative word there was "adequately".
They won a SB with the group they had last year and added a very high upside guy. They’re 9-1.

Take your “operative word” and shove it up your gaping asshole.
[Reply]
staylor26 12:26 AM 11-23-2020
Originally Posted by htismaqe:

The goalpost has been moved to “yea but they still didn’t do anything because they’re relying on a raw rookie” even though they’re 9-1 and that rookie is getting several more games of experience before the playoffs.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 12:29 AM 11-23-2020
Originally Posted by staylor26:
The goalpost has been moved to “yea but they still didn’t do anything because they’re relying on a raw rookie” even though they’re 9-1 and that rookie is getting several more games of experience before the playoffs.
some people don't know how to express frustration without hyperbole.

It IS frustrating.

It's also a fact that it's a work in progress. There are young'uns being worked in. We're so good at so many things all over the place.

LB's still a problem.

And I still say Sorensen is the weakest link.
[Reply]
Page 12 of 29
« First < 289101112 1314151622 > Last »
Up