ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 12 of 13
« First < 289101112 13 >
Nzoner's Game Room>The PI call that the refs voluntarily overturned
Pasta Little Brioni 08:01 PM 10-14-2019
Mahomes ONLY chucked that pick because he knew it was a free play. It's complete bullshit and changed the course of the game....THEN to put salt in the wounds Houston magically gets a PHANTOM hold to extend a drive to score a TD
[Reply]
rabblerouser 08:04 PM 10-14-2019
Originally Posted by Pasta Giant Meatball:
Mahomes ONLY chucked that pick because he knew it was a free play. It's complete bullshit and changed the course of the game....THEN to put salt in the wounds Houston magically gets a PHANTOM hold to extend a drive to score a TD
100% accurate again.
[Reply]
DanT 08:07 PM 10-14-2019

Mahomes said after the game that he threw the ball thinking that Kelce would be there to catch it. Here's an excerpt from the KC Star
https://www.kansascity.com/sports/nf...36092143.html]
Originally Posted by KC Star:
“The play was designed where Kelce was doing a double move and I was letting him work it, knowing it was man coverage,” Mahomes said. “I saw him getting ready to do his move. I went to throw it to the spot and give him a chance. He wasn’t there. After you looked at it, you realize he kinda got tackled, so that’s the reason he wasn’t there.”

Mahomes, Kelce and Chiefs coach Andy Reid argued the decision. Asked if he received any further explanation on the reversal, Kelce replied, “Nah.” Reid said Hochuli’s explanation over the public address system matched the one he was told individually.

But it still didn’t fit the way the sequence unfolded, the Chiefs believed.

Replay showed the holding occurred before Mahomes unleashed his pass. If the ruling had been holding or illegal contact, the call would have stood — the vicinity of the throw is irrelevant for those infractions.

Instead, the call of defensive pass interference prompted the officials to determine whether Kelce was the intended receiver. But as Mahomes explained, they whiffed on that judgment.

“We were trying to get an explanation from the referee of why they picked up the flag and what was the reasoning,” Mahomes said. “They said I had thrown the ball when he was getting held, which it’s a rule (that) if it’s uncatchable, you can’t call pass interference. But ... him running the double move was the reason he fell down and it was uncatchable. It shook me.”

Asked if he received an explanation that “made sense,” Reid said, “Well, they gave me an explanation. You take what they give you and you try to get going again. There’s no use in arguing about it more than what we did. You gotta move on”

They didn’t. Not statistically, anyway.

Before the sequence, the Chiefs led 17-9, and that first-down snap came at the Texans’ 32-yard line. A two-score lead seemed on the horizon.

After the no-call, the Texans outscored Kansas City 22-7 — with undoubtedly several more significant factors in play than the response to a flag’s disappearance, namely the defense’s inability to find anything to slow the Houston offense.

“You have to move on. You have to play,” Mahomes said. “You have to find a way to play better after that flag and find ways to win the game.”

[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 08:30 PM 10-14-2019
2 wins and suddenly we have Denver fans magically reappear....pathetic
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 08:34 PM 10-14-2019
2 wins and suddenly we have Denver fans magically reappear....pathetic
All these fucking bitches, man.

This is the moment when Reid reels off six straight wins and we tell ALL OF 'EM to suck our phat DIX.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 06:57 AM 10-15-2019
I say just tackle everyone who goes out for a pass. Legal right?
[Reply]
Mecca 06:59 AM 10-15-2019
Originally Posted by KChiefs1:
The way they explained that rule is basically, once the ball leaves the QB's hand if your receiver is not intended you can just chop out his knees and it's perfectly legal.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 07:02 AM 10-15-2019
Originally Posted by KChiefs1:
I don't know. Detroit couldn't even get close to GB's receivers without getting flagged on the final drive last night.

Amazing, the lack of consistency. It's like they'll call whatever they want...
[Reply]
stevieray 07:04 AM 10-15-2019
Seen it so many times. I just can't muster the energy to get upset about it anymore.

money corrupts.
[Reply]
notorious 07:07 AM 10-15-2019
Originally Posted by stevieray:
Seen it so many times. I just can't muster the energy to get upset about it anymore.

money corrupts.
I am pissed at the NFL for pushing me to the point of questioning their legitimacy.

It’s right there on TV.
[Reply]
stevieray 07:09 AM 10-15-2019
Originally Posted by notorious:
I am pissed at the NFL for pushing me to the point of questioning their legitimacy.

It’s right there on TV.
I know it..and the people that are feeling that way is growing.

When you have to wait to see if there is a flag after a big play, you've ruined the game and stolen the excitement of playing.
[Reply]
KCUnited 07:38 AM 10-15-2019
Intended Receiver becomes ambiguous for a guy with Mahomes anticipation and ability to air it out. Its common for the ball to be out before his intended receiver makes his break and can get to it. Add in the level of incompetence among NFL refs and I can see intended receiver biting us again at some point.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 07:40 AM 10-15-2019
Originally Posted by KCUnited:
Intended Receiver becomes ambiguous for a guy with Mahomes anticipation and ability to air it out. Its common for the ball to be out before his intended receiver makes his break and can get to it. Add in the level of incompetence among NFL refs and I can see intended receiver biting us again at some point.
The precedent has been established.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 07:33 AM 10-15-2019
So...anyone see GB's final drive on MNF last night??
[Reply]
Mecca 07:34 AM 10-15-2019
The NFL is about on par with the WWE these days.
[Reply]
Page 12 of 13
« First < 289101112 13 >
Up