NFC
#1 Saints 13-3
#2 Green Bay 12-4
#3 LA Rams 12-4
#4 Washington 8-8
#5 Tampa Bay 11-5
#6 Seattle 11-5
#7 Arizona 9-7

I don't think we will lose to the Saints this week, but this could be a week that Andy tries to hard to win.
[Reply]
DaFace 12:47 PM 12-15-2020
It's really pretty simple to me:

We get the one seed if:
-We win out
-We lose only one game to either the Saints or the Falcons

Other scenarios get murky, but even most of those go our way. In short, as long as we don't majorly screw up (e.g., losing 2+ games), we should be good.
[Reply]
DaFace 12:50 PM 12-15-2020
FWIW, the NYT simulator says we're 73% likely to get a bye if we lose one game and it's to the Chargers.

If we lose two games but both are to the NFC teams, we're 64% likely to get a bye.

If we lose two games, but one of them is to the Chargers, it becomes a coin flip.

EDIT: Eh, these were messed up. See below.
[Reply]
Azide22 01:00 PM 12-15-2020
Originally Posted by DaFace:
FWIW, the NYT simulator says we're 73% likely to get a bye if we lose one game and it's to the Chargers.

If we lose two games but both are to the NFC teams, we're 64% likely to get a bye.

If we lose two games, but one of them is to the Chargers, it becomes a coin flip.
Those first 2 being different is a bit amusing to me. They should be identical, because either of them requires Pittsburgh to lose 1 more (or more, but either way, it's still the same effect), and either scenario ensures KC would at least win the 3 way tie, or the 2 way tie with Pittsburgh.

Truly, in effect, losing the 2 NFC games is equivalent for KC to losing the 1 vs. the Chargers in terms of seeding. Either one requires one Pitt loss, and Buffalo doesn't matter.
[Reply]
DaFace 01:07 PM 12-15-2020
Originally Posted by Azide22:
Those first 2 being different is a bit amusing to me. They should be identical, because either of them requires Pittsburgh to lose 1 more (or more, but either way, it's still the same effect), and either scenario ensures KC would at least win the 3 way tie, or the 2 way tie with Pittsburgh.

Truly, in effect, losing the 2 NFC games is equivalent for KC to losing the 1 vs. the Chargers in terms of seeding. Either one requires one Pitt loss, and Buffalo doesn't matter.
Yeah, you're right. I hadn't actually selected that the Chiefs "won" against the Chargers in the second one. If you do, they're identical scenarios. Same deal with the last one.

So to try and summarize again, we get the bye if:
-We win out.
-We only lose one, and it's to either the Saints or Falcons.
-The Steelers drop one more game. (Technically there are super weird tiebreaker scenarios that would make this untrue, but they are VERY unlikely.)
[Reply]
htismaqe 01:14 PM 12-15-2020
Yeah, you're right. I hadn't actually selected that the Chiefs "won" against the Chargers in the second one. If you do, they're identical scenarios. Same deal with the last one.

-We win out.
-The Steelers drop one more game. (Technically there are super weird tiebreaker scenarios that would make this untrue, but it's VERY unlikely.)
Yes, that's a good summary.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 01:19 PM 12-15-2020

-We win out.
-The Steelers drop one more game. (Technically there are super weird tiebreaker scenarios that would make this untrue, but they are VERY unlikely.)
If the Chiefs beat the Falcons & Chargers they will get the bye.

The Saints game has no meaning in the grand scheme of things.
[Reply]
ptlyon 01:22 PM 12-15-2020
Originally Posted by KChiefs1:
That's fine and all, but we're going to kick 100% OF THEIR ASS
[Reply]
Lzen 01:31 PM 12-15-2020
Originally Posted by KChiefs1:
If the Chiefs beat the Falcons & Chargers they will get the bye.

Or Chiefs beat Saints & Chargers, Falcons game has no meaning.
[Reply]
Azide22 01:21 PM 12-15-2020

-We win out.
It's a VERY GOOD time to be a Chiefs fan! Let's get that bye!
[Reply]
htismaqe 01:01 PM 12-15-2020

If the Chiefs lose both NFC games but beats the Chargers, they cannot lose a tiebreaker to the Bills, who already have two AFC losses.

In fact, the Steelers would also have two AFC losses if they finish 13-3 because they only have AFC opponents left.

If the Chiefs beat the Chargers, there's almost no chance they don't get the #1 seed unless the Steelers win out.
[Reply]
Azide22 01:11 PM 12-15-2020
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
If the Chiefs lose both NFC games but beats the Chargers, they cannot lose a tiebreaker to the Bills, who already have two AFC losses.

In fact, the Steelers would also have two AFC losses if they finish 13-3 because they only have AFC opponents left.

If the Chiefs beat the Chargers, there's almost no chance they don't get the #1 seed unless the Steelers win out.
Yeah, I guess, it really comes down to this - the Chiefs are allowed one mulligan in next 2 games. They better NOT lose 2 more in any configuration of losses, or they aren't deserving. There is a scenario where the last game wouldn't matter, then to which that last sentence does not apply.
[Reply]
Mama Hip Rockets 02:09 PM 12-15-2020
Originally Posted by Azide22:
They better NOT lose 2 more in any configuration of losses, or they aren't deserving.
LOL. A team that goes 13-3 deserves the ALL CAPS treatment for not deserving a bye?
[Reply]
Azide22 02:22 PM 12-15-2020
Originally Posted by Mama Hip Rockets:
LOL. A team that goes 13-3 deserves the ALL CAPS treatment for not deserving a bye?
Well, the single bye thing changed things, and if they lose 2 of these games - and they matter - that's not exactly taking the bull by the horns.

Still, (not particularly subtly) implied in that comment is that they aren't losing 2 games, assuming they all matter still. (There are a few scenarios they could have one loss in next 2, and still have the Chargers game not matter).
[Reply]
Lzen 01:30 PM 12-15-2020
Looking at the comments on there and it amazes me how many ignorant football fans are on there commenting.
[Reply]
Page 12 of 21
« First < 289101112 13141516 > Last »
Up