ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1 of 11
1 2345 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>What if the refs called a penalty on Sorensen
chiefzilla1501 06:28 AM 01-18-2021
OK, this really bothers me. Browns fans are arguing that this was a game changing call and that one called back TD was the difference in a 5 point win. OK, fair point. Not calling helmet to helmet may have been a miss.

The biggest game changer as we all know wasn't the fumble, it was mahomes getting injured. Mahomes was throttling the browns and probably would have kept doing it. Would mahomes have still gotten a concussion if the browns scored? I mean, cmon.... Probably not. Here's a more likely scenario. If browns score 7, chiefs get the ball back and score 3.chiefs go into halftime 19 - 10. Browns down 9 (instead of 16) have to claw from behind

Unless people think the browns run the same exact plays in that scenario, baker throws that same exact pick, then the Chiefs run the same exact plays with the same exact outcome its very unlikely mahomes gets knocked out of that series.
[Reply]
Jewish Rabbi 06:30 AM 01-18-2021
God, remember when it used to be us posting loser ass what-if threads like this?
[Reply]
Frazod 06:37 AM 01-18-2021
Originally Posted by Jewish Rabbi:
God, remember when it used to be us posting loser ass what-if threads like this?
Not to mention filling the trophy case with moral victories! :-)
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 06:37 AM 01-18-2021
Yup, the idea that one first half penalty or missed td in what was otherwise a blowout was a game changer is a reach and a half. They had an entire half to overcome it. Even with all the stars perfectly aligned the browns couldn't pull off a win. But if that TD meant mahomes wouldn't have gotten injured the browns very likely get blown out.
[Reply]
siberian khatru 06:43 AM 01-18-2021
Yes. Considering all the crazy bullshit that happened to the Chiefs over 30 years of playoffs, I have zero sympathy for the Browns or any other team.
[Reply]
threebag 09:18 AM 01-18-2021
Yeah, but what if Derrick Johnson’s (strip sack) wasn’t called forward progress.

He killed that mother fucker too
[Reply]
Dayze 09:53 AM 01-18-2021
Originally Posted by threebag02:
Yeah, but what if Derrick Johnson’s (strip sack) wasn’t called forward progress.

He killed that mother ****er too
god...I still can't believe that call.

:-)
[Reply]
ThaVirus 10:21 AM 01-18-2021
Originally Posted by Dayze:
god...I still can't believe that call.

:-)
I will never feel bad about being on the better side of a shitty call for the rest of my life.

I mean, that call was just so, so bad. Made worse by the fact that, IIRC, that douche ref was supposed to have retired but the league gave him this last game on his way out. And he makes that call. Unbelievable.

Plus the Chris Jones roughing the passer for slapping Brady's shoulder.

Nah, we've had more than our share of botched calls going against us.
[Reply]
Frazod 03:39 PM 01-18-2021
Originally Posted by threebag02:

He killed that mother fucker too
Many egregious calls have gone against us over the years, but this tops the charts. Forward fucking progress my ass.

May that bought off cocksucker Triplette burn in hell.
[Reply]
Spott 06:33 AM 01-18-2021
The only thing worse than the what ifs for Cleveland is actually having to live in Cleveland. I hope they all suffer forever.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 06:47 AM 01-18-2021
Originally Posted by Spott:
The only thing worse than the what ifs for Cleveland is actually having to live in Cleveland. I hope they all suffer forever.
The good news is that the $1400 stimulus is coming
[Reply]
loochy 07:31 AM 01-18-2021
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
The good news is that the $1400 stimulus is coming

no it's not
[Reply]
TEX 06:45 AM 01-18-2021
What IF the refs called a penalty? Who cares what Browns fans argue... It was a bang-bang play. What IF our kicker makes the FG and extra point? Chiefs STILL win even without Mahomes for most of 2nd half. IF you play the "what if's," play them all.
[Reply]
OrtonsPiercedTaint 06:51 AM 01-18-2021
Baker gets concussed on QB sneak
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 06:51 AM 01-18-2021
Just so we're clear, I'm making the point that the refs not calling the Higgins play a TD wasn't a game changer.
[Reply]
Page 1 of 11
1 2345 > Last »
Up