ChiefsPlanet Mobile
View Poll Results: What Lever You Flippin??
Yes 16 14.16%
No 16 14.16%
I don't live in Jackson County, but would vote Yes 59 52.21%
I don't live in Jackson County, but would vote No 22 19.47%
Voters: 113. You may not vote on this poll
Page 119 of 141
« First < 1969109115116117118119 120121122123129 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Stadium Watch 2024 -Jackson County Residents: How Are You Voting?
Pablo 08:28 AM 03-28-2024
Vote in this poll if you actually live in Jackson county.

We've all shared our opinions in the other thread. But who gives a shit what somebody in Platte County or Johnson County or Phoenix or NYC thinks. We're all just noise.
[Reply]
wazu 05:35 PM 06-05-2024
On 810 today they stated the Chiefs would have a 6/1/2025 deadline to accept the Kansas deal.
[Reply]
jettio 05:36 PM 06-05-2024
Originally Posted by KCUnited:
Wonder if the new Kansas stadium will get a World Cup semi finals once its built?
If the spot they are thinking is the Legends, it will never get any big events because it is too far from most of the hotel rooms in the region and there is no public transportation.
[Reply]
Bearcat 05:38 PM 06-05-2024
Originally Posted by Chief Pagan:
The new open air Chiefs stadium.

The hottest place for winter alpine and X-country skiing this side of..., uh, yea.
Colorado, obviously.
[Reply]
jettio 05:38 PM 06-05-2024
Originally Posted by wazu:
On 810 today they stated the Chiefs would have a 6/1/2025 deadline to accept the Kansas deal.
Like the motherfuckers have any leverage to impose a deadline on the Kansas City Chiefs while they are right in the middle of finishing up the install of all the World Cup 2026 changes at Arrowhead.
[Reply]
wazu 05:47 PM 06-05-2024
Originally Posted by jettio:
Like the motherfuckers have any leverage to impose a deadline on the Kansas City Chiefs while they are right in the middle of finishing up the install of all the World Cup 2026 changes at Arrowhead.
I don't know, that's just what they said. Could be some mechanism of the STAR bonds legislation rather than some arbitrary deadline. It's gonna take a while to build the thing anyways so the Chiefs can't just wait around forever.
[Reply]
DaFace 05:56 PM 06-05-2024
Are you under the impression that it's hard for multi billion dollar corporations to focus on multiple priorities at once?
[Reply]
KCUnited 06:06 PM 06-05-2024
If the spot they are thinking is the Legends, it will never get any big events because it is too far from most of the hotel rooms in the region and there is no public transportation.
Tell me more about the public transportation to the TSC
[Reply]
Rainbarrel 06:07 PM 06-05-2024
Great place for players to get arrested and help pay for the amenities -KANSAS
[Reply]
cmh6476 06:24 PM 06-05-2024
Tell me more about the public transportation to the TSC
There also haven't been major events. Kemper was the last place that a final four was held. And that was way before what it takes to host one now.
[Reply]
KCUnited 06:31 PM 06-05-2024
Originally Posted by cmh6476:
There also haven't been major events. Kemper was the last place that a final four was held. And that was way before what it takes to host one now.
I guess the World Series isn’t a major event…that I rented a car and drove to
[Reply]
vonBobo 06:38 PM 06-05-2024
It was a truly bizarre process

From the Chiefs lack of engagement to Sherman seemingly changing locations with each finger of scotch downed to ultimately picking a spot everyone universally hated then even modifying it days before the vote in some last minute plea

It seemed like the ultimate appeal to authority when in reality it just looks like they were winging it
This tied at the hip arrangement for the two teams is kind of unique and I don't believe either team or either league wants that kind of deal anymore. Goal 1 was to get rid of the TSC bond and it would have worked pass or fail.

Since the vote failed it gives the teams and leagues even more leverage and a chance to shop around until they land the sweetheart deal.

From a business view, I don't think the Royals want to be here and it only benefits them when the vote failed.
[Reply]
New World Order 06:45 PM 06-05-2024
Originally Posted by Rainbarrel:
Great place for players to get arrested and help pay for the amenities -KANSAS
Rashee Rice will be close to the Kansas Speedway, so that’s good
[Reply]
tk13 07:35 PM 06-05-2024
The Royals are an ownership group made up of mostly Kansas City natives and big names. I really find it hard to believe they want anything else to but to be downtown if they can swing it. It seems like it'd be in their best interest all the way around given their business interests.

While the Royals have waffled around, the Chiefs have been pretty clear about their intentions. They flat said Arrowhead was not worth renovating beyond what they just proposed in the vote, and people said no. Now Clark has been pretty clear they need to look at other options, and that it takes several years to build a new stadium so they need to figure out their next step in the next year to year and a half. It makes sense because if they sort this out by next summer it gives them 4-5 years to build something new.
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 07:59 PM 06-05-2024
Originally Posted by tk13:
The Royals are an ownership group made up of mostly Kansas City natives and big names. I really find it hard to believe they want anything else to but to be downtown if they can swing it. It seems like it'd be in their best interest all the way around given their business interests.

While the Royals have waffled around, the Chiefs have been pretty clear about their intentions. They flat said Arrowhead was not worth renovating beyond what they just proposed in the vote, and people said no. Now Clark has been pretty clear they need to look at other options, and that it takes several years to build a new stadium so they need to figure out their next step in the next year to year and a half. It makes sense because if they sort this out by next summer it gives them 4-5 years to build something new.
A baseball franchise outside of Kansas City would likely earn more money than one inside.

Once you're at the level of wealth where you're "allowed" to buy an ownership stake in a baseball franchise: loyalty accounts for piss all.
[Reply]
Mr. Plow 08:53 PM 06-05-2024
Chiefs priority is World Cup 2026 at Arrowhead. Chiefs will not make any public statements about any involvement with these attention seeking Kansas politicians until after World Cup.

The Royals are the team that said they want a new stadium. The plain fact that these dumbass Kansas politicians lead off all of these attention seeking plans with Chiefs and all the released drawings are football stadiums show you that they are just blowing smoke up folks asses.

Chiefs said they want to stay at Arrowhead. Royals say they want a new stadium. Chiefs are locked into Arrowhead through January 2031 and are hosting World Cup 2026 games at Arrowhead.

Chiefs Super Bowl LVII rings say Arrowhead is Lamar Hunt's favorite place on Earth.

Every time there is one of the dumbass news stories about a new dumbass Kansas Politician talking about Chiefs moving to Kansas, you can think about how the Kansas City Sports Commission folks responsible for the World Cup will tell those Kansas politicians to give Sporting Kansas City and KU as much money as they need to be able to host some country's national team. And the only contact from Clark Hunt and the Chiefs with Kansas politicians will be to let them know that Kansas better give the World Cup people everything they ask for to make this area a successful host site.
Ok
[Reply]
Page 119 of 141
« First < 1969109115116117118119 120121122123129 > Last »
Up