ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 119 of 244
« First < 1969109115116117118119 120121122123129169219 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>The Bills take the AFC this seasom
JustDíqLix 05:53 PM 08-21-2023
Are you ready for some football!?

I know I am!

With that, I am here to make a proclamation!

The mighty Bills from Buffalo will take the AFC this year.

For two decades I watched people say the Patriots window was closed, that their time was dwindling, that it was all over… seemingly every time those predictions happened, the Patriots went and won another Super Bowl.

A lot of doom talk simply because we lost to the Bengals in the playoffs. Let us not forget that the Bills watched their brother DIE on the field just a few weeks prior. Their heart was simply not in it. If it had been, the Bills would have captured the AFC last year.

The Bills have won 2 of their last 3 in Arrowhead and they’re ready to make it 3 of the last 4.

Let’s go mighty Buffalo Bills! 🦬 🦬 🦬
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 03:12 PM 11-06-2023
The Bills pushed 36,000,000 into the future to field this juggernaut.

Can you imagine what the Chiefs would look like if we just pushed 12 or 15?

We would not lose a game.
[Reply]
staylor26 03:18 PM 11-06-2023
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic:

JFC the trade deadline has passed. Move the fuck on dude.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 03:21 PM 11-06-2023
Teams that operate with limited windows have that luxury. We have a 10+ year window constantly open. Not very responsible to operate like that
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 03:23 PM 11-06-2023
still think the chiefs should have been more aggressive because kelce isn't going to be around forever

if this isn't his last year, next year is
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 03:25 PM 11-06-2023
Originally Posted by Sassy Squatch:
Teams that operate with limited windows have that luxury. We have a 10+ year window constantly open. Not very responsible to operate like that
I don’t know anyone here that advocated for that level of aggression.

I also disagree that our window is ten years.

There will be ups and downs. Tom Brady went a decade going nowhere with BB.

Andy Reid probably won’t be here 10 years.

Chris Jones and Kelce won’t be either.

We will have a few dud drafts and our young guys we stacked will leave.

We need to win now.
[Reply]
RunKC 03:30 PM 11-06-2023

Just gave the best QB in the world a raise on his already huge contract, Chris wants huge money and is currently getting that this year. There's very little money to be had.

They also have only 5 draft picks and Tranquil, Gay, Sneed, Danna, Edwards and Chris alone are FA's. That's half of your starters on defense and a very good role player. They need draft picks to keep this thing going.

The Chiefs are the 1 seed currently. They're gonna be 13-4 at worst. No need to go for broke. That's what messes up teams like ours
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 03:39 PM 11-06-2023
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Just gave the best QB in the world a raise on his already huge contract, Chris wants huge money and is currently getting that this year. There's very little money to be had.

They also have only 5 draft picks and Tranquil, Gay, Sneed, Danna, Edwards and Chris alone are FA's. That's half of your starters on defense and a very good role player. They need draft picks to keep this thing going.

The Chiefs are the 1 seed currently. They're gonna be 13-4 at worst. No need to go for broke. That's what messes up teams like ours
This is a Bills suck thread so I’m not going to debate any of this until the offseason.

Point is they pushed a lot of $$$$ and still suck.
[Reply]
Peter Gibbons 03:46 PM 11-06-2023
Originally Posted by Peter Gibbons:
I think you mean “Bills take IT FROM the AFC this year”. Fix your post.
This prediction still looking very Nostradamus-esque.
[Reply]
Bearcat 03:51 PM 11-06-2023

There will be ups and downs. Tom Brady went a decade going nowhere with BB.

We need to win now.
They really only had 2 or 3 "down" years in that stretch and it's getting really overblown when we're already using the "no SB victories in 10 years" as a soapbox for winning now, but now we're saying "going nowhere".

2005, 10-6 after winning 3 SBs in 4 years (boo fucking hoo)
2006, lost by 4 in the AFCCG
2007, lost in the SB after starting 18-0
2008, 11-5 and didn't make the playoffs
2009, WC round loss
2010, 14-2, divisional loss
Then they lost in the SB again and lost in the next two AFCCGs.

At most, that's a 2 year stretch where I guess you could say they were on the struggle bus a bit.

Their window was pretty much Brady's entire time there though, just like the Chiefs' window will be open until Mahomes retires. Anything beyond that is just nitpicking... like you said, there will be ups and downs, and there's of course a chance they could fuck it up. Hell, another Mahomes could come along. There's always shit to worry about, but still have to plan with an eye on achieving greatness, which for Mahomes is chasing Brady.
[Reply]
JohnnyV13 04:27 PM 11-06-2023
When did the Bill promise to pay other members of AFC teams way to the Super Bowl? That's mighty nice of them since they'll be on vacation at the time.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 04:33 PM 11-06-2023
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
They really only had 2 or 3 "down" years in that stretch and it's getting really overblown when we're already using the "no SB victories in 10 years" as a soapbox for winning now, but now we're saying "going nowhere".

2005, 10-6 after winning 3 SBs in 4 years (boo ****ing hoo)
2006, lost by 4 in the AFCCG
2007, lost in the SB after starting 18-0
2008, 11-5 and didn't make the playoffs
2009, WC round loss
2010, 14-2, divisional loss
Then they lost in the SB again and lost in the next two AFCCGs.

At most, that's a 2 year stretch where I guess you could say they were on the struggle bus a bit.

Their window was pretty much Brady's entire time there though, just like the Chiefs' window will be open until Mahomes retires. Anything beyond that is just nitpicking... like you said, there will be ups and downs, and there's of course a chance they could **** it up. Hell, another Mahomes could come along. There's always shit to worry about, but still have to plan with an eye on achieving greatness, which for Mahomes is chasing Brady.

Point is they were not real serious contenders every year. 2007 yes absolutely they were but many years they were not a real SB contender.

Same will happen here. Part of the reason we are a bit spoiled too is Mahomes started off so fast on his rookie contract. Every year of prime Mahomes on a rookie contract was a SB contending year. Now that we are paying him there will be actual lulls here and there.

The best GMs miss drafts, Veach will have a a few more Speaks led drafts. Right now is a prime opportunity we should want to cash in.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 04:40 PM 11-06-2023
Originally Posted by rfaulk34:
How's that workin out for ya?
I’m fresh off watching my team win its second Super Bowl in the last four years.

Your poverty franchise hasn’t won one in its entire existence. Don’t think you can speak to me, peasant.
[Reply]
O.city 04:46 PM 11-06-2023
They had the 08-09 years where they weren't, when Tom was coming off an ACL tear.

Other than that, they were one of the best teams in the league.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 04:53 PM 11-06-2023
Originally Posted by O.city:
They had the 08-09 years where they weren't, when Tom was coming off an ACL tear.

Other than that, they were one of the best teams in the league.
We will have years where we are "one of the best teams" but not a real SB contender. My Packers friend can tell you all about what that looks like.
[Reply]
staylor26 05:25 PM 11-06-2023
We will have years where we are "one of the best teams" but not a real SB contender. My Packers friend can tell you all about what that looks like.
You have no clue what the fuck is going to happen. Stop pretending that you do.
[Reply]
Page 119 of 244
« First < 1969109115116117118119 120121122123129169219 > Last »
Up