« First < 1868108114115116117118 119120121122128 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Dorsey gone?
bdj23 02:12 PM 06-22-2017
Per 610.

The ****?
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 01:40 PM 06-27-2017
Originally Posted by BlackOp:
It's common NFL knowledge that an oral agreement (your word) is a done deal.
I've, unfortunately, have had an oral agreement, told my wife and a few friends, only for the company to not honor that agreement.

It sucked but it's life.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 05:40 PM 06-27-2017
Originally Posted by Pasta Giant Meatball:
A loaded roster was up against the cap...who would have thought! The firing was dumb as fuck.
When Dorsey gets settled in to his next gig, his first phone call needs to be to Paylor.
[Reply]
Red Dawg 05:47 PM 06-27-2017
Originally Posted by Mr. Arrowhead:
Just throwing this theory out there. I know Terez article came out and said Dorsey just did things without telling people. Anyone think Dorsey Cut Maclin behind Reid's back?
I think he definitely did. Reid would have gotten in touch Maclin personally and let him know himself. He was at his wedding a few days before. Andy didn't know I don't think.
[Reply]
dj56dt58 06:59 PM 06-27-2017
Originally Posted by DaWolf:
Wait, on one hand we have "the best roster in the NFL" yet on the other hand we are no closer to a Super Bowl than we were back in the Carl days because of critical flaws to the roster, with Carl wanting to build the "best 53, not the best 11". Still starting a middling SF backup, still have no big play WR's, still have RBBC, still can't stop the run or rush the passer in the playoffs.

So Clark can't win either way. He sticks with the guy, we have to make a bunch of cuts next year, have no first round pick, are starting a first time QB, and are no closer to a Super Bowl, and he's just satisfied with filling seats. He gets rid of the guy, and he's "embarrassing" the team.

Clark did not make this move because he has no idea what he is doing. There was probably either a serious issue with Dorsey behind the scenes that led to this, or this was Clark making a decision between Dorsey or Reid (and Reid has done that before in Philly, so it is a possibility). And if it was the latter, Clark was correct in choosing Reid...
I might agree if we didn't just draft a QB in the 1st round
[Reply]
BlackOp 07:37 PM 06-27-2017
Originally Posted by Tuckdaddy:
I think he definitely did. Reid would have gotten in touch Maclin personally and let him know himself. He was at his wedding a few days before. Andy didn't know I don't think.
I find that hard to believe. Dorsey knew Reid was tight with Maclin and they had been at OTAs that week. He wouldn't just not tell Andy he was cutting him loose.

Reid knew they were shopping him...my guess is Reid was playing good cop to keep the locker room from being upset.

There was a lot of turnover this year...Charles, Poe, Howard, and Maclin. Four deaths in the "family"....

If anything, Dorsey getting fired might be partially due to how he ended the relationships with core players. That's purely speculation but Charles was miffed as was Maclin. Neither were given the opportunity to renegotiate...not that it would have helped.
[Reply]
The Bad Guy 09:04 PM 06-27-2017
Originally Posted by O.city:
That or Reid power played it.

Those are the only 2 things that make any sense to me
I really, really don't think Reid had a thing to do with this.

If he did, they wouldn't be interviewing guys from outside that he has zero ties to. They'd just hire Veach after interviewing to comply with Rooney rule.
[Reply]
In58men 09:27 PM 06-27-2017
Originally Posted by The Bad Guy:
I really, really don't think Reid had a thing to do with this.

If he did, they wouldn't be interviewing guys from outside that he has zero ties to. They'd just hire Veach after interviewing to comply with Rooney rule.
I'm sure he talked with Hunt about the Maclin situation. You think he'd keep quiet? Doubt it.
[Reply]
RunKC 09:32 PM 06-27-2017
Idk why but I do feel like there is a strong possibility that Dorsey straight up cut Maclin without telling Andy. Maybe be mentioned it to him before so he wasn't completely blindsided about it, but make no mistake Andy was ****ing livid at OTA's after that move. You could tell something more was there.

With Dorsey supposedly doing things without telling people and Andy calling Maclin right after to console him, it really makes this seem like a god guess.

The Maclin debacle ended Dorsey's time here. He had to have really ****ed that entire situation up.
[Reply]
BlackOp 11:32 PM 06-27-2017
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Idk why but I do feel like there is a strong possibility that Dorsey straight up cut Maclin without telling Andy. Maybe be mentioned it to him before so he wasn't completely blindsided about it, but make no mistake Andy was ****ing livid at OTA's after that move. You could tell something more was there.

With Dorsey supposedly doing things without telling people and Andy calling Maclin right after to console him, it really makes this seem like a god guess.

The Maclin debacle ended Dorsey's time here. He had to have really ****ed that entire situation up.
The one thing that struck me as "odd" in the Maclin deal was...he was out there practicing all week. He could have injured himself then been cut....not sure what type of insurance he carries but it was kind of a shitty deal. Maybe in Dorsey's mind...he was giving him one last chance to be on the team. Reid knew he was being shopped as I mentioned. After he heard back from the coaches..he decided to release him.
[Reply]
UK_Chief 02:46 AM 06-28-2017
He also left us in fantastic cap shape. The one thing Pioli was good at was managing the cap.

I believe Reid walked into a situation with $30 million to the cap for his disposal.
The staircase in the practice facility was a shit hole though. Litter everywhere
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 03:54 AM 06-28-2017
Originally Posted by BlackOp:
The one thing that struck me as "odd" in the Maclin deal was...he was out there practicing all week. He could have injured himself then been cut....not sure what type of insurance he carries but it was kind of a shitty deal. Maybe in Dorsey's mind...he was giving him one last chance to be on the team. Reid knew he was being shopped as I mentioned. After he heard back from the coaches..he decided to release him.
Like you said, I too now believe that Dorsey was practicing Bill B.-type cutting and negotiation, and that it came to a head during his discussions with Clark.
I'm fairly positive that Clark doesn't want the Chiefs to become known as a ruthless franchise where long term players are shown the door on the fly.

Personally, I think that style is long overdue in KC after years of trying to milk the last drops of talent from several old cows.
[Reply]
thegame214 04:33 AM 06-28-2017
Dorsey forced himself out. Running the risk of a Maclin injury during OTA's is inexcusable if you are apparently in that bad of a cap situation because had he gotten hurt, who are we cutting? He goes to as some people mentioned more of a cut throat scenario, which is contrary to what he did when he first got here.

We are all sitting here saying screw Clark, blah blah blah but I believe Dorsey may have been doing the things he has been doing as he thought no chance they cut me and if they do they look foolish (which we do). It was lose lose for Clark, but I don't believe Reid or any of them or as upset about it as we are. Besides overpaid Tampa of course.
[Reply]
TimeForWasp 04:51 AM 06-28-2017
They may have wanted to see if Maclin was back to true form and he just plain sucked and was beat out.
[Reply]
Mr. Arrowhead 08:56 AM 06-28-2017

Yup just with the story Terez put out about dorsey doing shit without telling people, it makes sense. Then factor in the him and clark butting heads with the Berry negotiations combined with maybe cutting maclin on his own, then it kind of all makes sense now.
[Reply]
BlackOp 09:08 AM 06-28-2017
Originally Posted by 65TPT:
They may have wanted to see if Maclin was back to true form and he just plain sucked and was beat out.
I think that was the case...in Dorsey's defense, Maclin earned his release. I think he was giving him the chance to re-claim his spot. It's his job to protect the team...not Maclin's feelings. They paid him like $20 million...he'll have a nice life.

Having a "family" atmosphere is admirable but not at the expense of making to correct moves to build a championship caliber team.
[Reply]
Page 118 of 137
« First < 1868108114115116117118 119120121122128 > Last »
Up