ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 118 of 145
« First < 1868108114115116117118 119120121122128 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***Official 2023-2024 NBA Thread***
dirk digler 04:43 PM 10-24-2023
Can't believe the NBA Season is starting tonight. Way to early but here we go.

Lakers vs Nuggets: 6:30PM

Suns vs Warriors: 9PM

Both on TNT
[Reply]
ChiefsFanatic 10:34 PM 05-10-2024
Originally Posted by staylor26:
I love the new NBA. This is so much better than the gay ass super team era.
I think you mean the LeBron-Needs-Help-Getting-A-Ring were
[Reply]
displacedinMN 10:35 PM 05-10-2024
It is just hard for me to care about Bball any more. Iowa sucks. Dont care about NBA.
The Chiefs Rule all. Minnesota sports SUCK. I am just a disinterested party.

get off my lawn.

:-)
[Reply]
ChiefsFanatic 06:20 AM 05-11-2024
Tee Higgins is an NFL player. And a very good one.

In this video he is definitely a basketball player. And apparently a really good one.

This is why I will never understand saying NBA players couldn't play in the NFL.

James Jones and other clowns acting like basketball players all have brittle bone disease. Like Steven Adams or Ben Wallace, for example, would have crumbled after being hit. Maybe they wouldn't be stars, although I think some would, they could play in the NFL.

I was shocked at how explosive Higgins was on the court, but damn.

https://www.instagram.com/reel/C4YMT...tibWFxcmxkYw==
[Reply]
lcarus 08:19 AM 05-11-2024
Originally Posted by ChiefsFanatic:

In this video he is definitely a basketball player. And apparently a really good one.

This is why I will never understand saying NBA players couldn't play in the NFL.

James Jones and other clowns acting like basketball players all have brittle bone disease. Like Steven Adams or Ben Wallace, for example, would have crumbled after being hit. Maybe they wouldn't be stars, although I think some would, they could play in the NFL.

Tyreek is pretty damn good at basketball as well.
[Reply]
BWillie 08:47 AM 05-11-2024
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
Denver actually playing this game like their season depends on it (which it does) instead of whatever the last two efforts were.
Yeah they just weren't trying hard enough before. If they would have have 110% instead of 100% they would have not lost the first two.
[Reply]
BWillie 08:52 AM 05-11-2024
Originally Posted by ChiefsFanatic:

There is way too much acquired skill in the NBA. What is the greatest determination of being able to make the NBA? Its actually height. They are very athletic for their height but you would be very surprised to learn that most NBA players arent near as athletic as you think.

If a guy could play in the NBA he wouldn't play in the NFL. Simple as that. The best athletes in the world are on NFL rosters. You can get by on almost all athletic ability up to high D1 in football. You better be skilled if you are a basketball player. If you put one of the best athletes in the world on KUs bball roster he couldnt do shit. He would never make it unless he had years to perfect his craft. If you put one of the best athletes in the world on a bottom D1 football roster he automatically makes the team.

The avg NFL DB and WR would blow the absolute doors off almost all NBA players in athletic ability and testing.

The avg NBA player is 6'6" and the avg NFL player is 6'1". How many people do you even see just walking around or know that are 6'6" or taller? You almost never see them. They are so rare so the pool to search through simply is smaller than the pool of 5'11" dudes for great athletic ability.

While overall there is a wider range of athletes in the NFL and the bottom such as some QBs, Kickers and Olineman are very unathletic in general NFL players are more athletic at the top. There are plenty of 5'10" guys sitting at home after their college careers that never made either sport who are super great athletes, too.
[Reply]
PAChiefsGuy 09:52 AM 05-11-2024
Originally Posted by BWillie:
Yeah they just weren't trying hard enough before. If they would have have 110% instead of 100% they would have not lost the first two.
Let's not get carried away. If you think the Wolves didn't pump their brakes a little last game you are crazy.

We don't know how those games would of turned out but they definitely would of done a lot better.
[Reply]
RealSNR 10:16 AM 05-11-2024
Don’t think the wolves win that one even if heatpack boy were suspended, which he should have been.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 11:10 AM 05-11-2024
Originally Posted by BWillie:
Most of those guys were simply not ready to play at the TWolves’ level of defensive intensity in the first two games. Far different story yesterday.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 11:18 AM 05-11-2024
Originally Posted by displacedinMN:
It is just hard for me to care about Bball any more. Iowa sucks. Dont care about NBA.
The Chiefs Rule all. Minnesota sports SUCK. I am just a disinterested party.

get off my lawn.

:-)
I think TWolves will win a title eventually if Edwards keeps improving at the rate he has over the past two years. If they knock off Denver, it might even be this year.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 11:21 AM 05-11-2024
I mean if you're gonna have McDaniels, gobert and Conley out there you gotta get offense from someone other than Ant. KAT not shooting at all in the second halfis wild. I still kinda feel like not having gobert allowed them to get a little more offense.

And have no idea wtf they were thinking rolling McLaughlin to brick back to back 3 pt misses in the most critical end of first half 2 minute stretch
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 11:22 AM 05-11-2024
I don't watch much NBA these days but on the surface the East looks like the same steaming pile it has been for like the last decade or two?
[Reply]
KC_Connection 11:24 AM 05-11-2024
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
I mean if you're gonna have McDaniels, gobert and Conley out there you gotta get offense from someone other than Ant. KAT not shooting at all in the second halfis wild. I still kinda feel like not having gobert allowed them to get a little more offense.

And have no idea wtf they were thinking rolling McLaughlin to brick back to back 3 pt misses in the most critical end of first half 2 minute stretch
I liked their lineup without Gobert a lot more. Just way more offensive potential (and I don’t think Rudy is helping you much with stopping Jokic).
[Reply]
staylor26 11:24 AM 05-11-2024
Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy:
I don't watch much NBA these days but on the surface the East looks like the same steaming pile it has been for like the last decade or two?
Yes, outside of the Celtics, and they're chokers.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 11:26 AM 05-11-2024
Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy:
Boston is the same talented team full of soft chokers it always was. They’re still easily the massive favorite to come through that conference, so I think that says something about the other teams.
[Reply]
Page 118 of 145
« First < 1868108114115116117118 119120121122128 > Last »
Up