ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1170 of 3903
« First < 17067010701120116011661167116811691170 117111721173117411801220127016702170 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Bwana 08:01 PM 04-06-2020
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Heard this on NPR..

Once the peak passes and we have a consistent timeframe of lowered death rates, have everyone >40 go back to work. They can go out. If you are >40 and have a pre-existing condition, you work from home until the vaccine is created. It’s your responsibility to stay home and away from people.

Everyone over 40 works from home or keeps their distance....at home until vaccine.

^ I’m on board with this
:-)
[Reply]
stevieray 08:04 PM 04-06-2020
Heard this on NPR..

Once the peak passes and we have a consistent timeframe of lowered death rates, have everyone >40 go back to work. They can go out. If you are >40 and have a pre-existing condition, you work from home until the vaccine is created. It’s your responsibility to stay home and away from people.

Everyone over 40 works from home or keeps their distance....at home until vaccine.

^ I’m on board with this
That's a homeless sentence for me and my family.

It's just not realistic.
[Reply]
penguinz 08:06 PM 04-06-2020
Might be a repeat....

An estimated additional 180 - 195 deaths per day occurring at home in New York City due to COVID-19 are not being counted in the official figures. "Early on in this crisis we were able to swab people who died at home, and thus got a coronavirus reading. But those days are long gone. We simply don't have the testing capacity for the large numbers dying at home. Now only those few who had a test confirmation *before* dying are marked as victims of coronavirus on their death certificate. This almost certainly means we are undercounting the total number of victims of this pandemic," said Mark Levine, Chair of New York City Council health committee [source]

A study by disease modelers at the University of Texas at Austin states that "Given the low testing rates throughout the country, we assume that 1 in 10 cases are tested and reported. If a county has detected only 1 case of COVID-19, there is a 51%
chance that there is already a growing outbreak underway" [source]
[Reply]
RunKC 08:11 PM 04-06-2020
Originally Posted by stevieray:
That's a homeless sentence for me and my family.

It's just not realistic.
Under that circumstance, would your employer let you go into work if it’s on your own accord?
[Reply]
PAChiefsGuy 08:11 PM 04-06-2020
Originally Posted by ping2000:
First close relative of mine diagnosed with it tonight. Makes this suck even more.
Sorry to hear that. Many people are recovering now so that is good.
[Reply]
srvy 08:21 PM 04-06-2020
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Making due w/ lays potato chips and some Prairie Farms french onion dip. That damn Dean's crap is just inedible.

I've never tried the extra toasty but I've tried probably a dozen other Cheeze-it varieties and I'll be damned if they don't ALL suck. And some of them sound incredibly promising. They'll come up with some pepper jack or black pepper jalapeno or what not and it'll just sound amazing. And it's trash.

Maybe I'll have to spin the wheel on the burned ones their sorter kicks out so they can re-label them 'extra toasty' and sell them instead of grinding them into dog food, but I've just grown wary of anything out of their wheelhouse...

Wonder if a gas station will have a small bag. I always love the burnt chips in the lays bags and stuff, so it may be worthwhile.
Wonder if they still make these loved them as a kid.

[Reply]
O.city 08:25 PM 04-06-2020
Heard this on NPR..

^ I’m on board with this
I think your greater than is in the wrong direction, no?
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 08:34 PM 04-06-2020
Heard this on NPR..

^ I’m on board with this
You going to pay every one over 40 to stay at home that cannot work from home?
[Reply]
Bugeater 08:44 PM 04-06-2020
Under that circumstance, would your employer let you go into work if it’s on your own accord?
He's a self employed artist, he has no employer.
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 08:53 PM 04-06-2020
Originally Posted by HonestChieffan:
Read this and no mention of "young and otherwise healthy patients are dying so fast". If=s there a link missing?
Yeah..young/healthy people seem to be doing just fine. No idea where that came from.
[Reply]
Ninerfan11 08:57 PM 04-06-2020
Things are looking up. Looks like Ny is turning the corner and the rest of the country will follow. It's time for America to kick @ss again.
[Reply]
unlurking 08:59 PM 04-06-2020
Originally Posted by DaFace:
In case anyone cares to dig at this depth, IHME published a PDF that has comparisons of the three waves of their model at the national and state level. Kind of interesting.

http://www.healthdata.org/sites/defa...ease_all_0.pdf
I don't know how new the data is on that site, but it's been off by ~25% on total deaths in Colorado for a couple of days now.
[Reply]
PAChiefsGuy 09:03 PM 04-06-2020
Originally Posted by Ninerfan11:
Things are looking up. Looks like Ny is turning the corner and the rest of the country will follow. It's time for America to kick @ss again.
Definitely looking good. Social distancing worked...
[Reply]
Megatron96 09:05 PM 04-06-2020
Louisiana reported tonight that the number of reported cases is flattening.

Washington state's governor reported that they have a surplus of ventilators and are willing to share them with CA or NY.

Looks like we can see the light at the end of the tunnel. TP shelves should be fully stocked in a few weeks.

And the curve seems to be flattening here in Maricopa county as well.
[Reply]
RunKC 09:06 PM 04-06-2020
Originally Posted by Ninerfan11:
Will a 2nd wave come if we go back to normal? That’s the big question
[Reply]
Page 1170 of 3903
« First < 17067010701120116011661167116811691170 117111721173117411801220127016702170 > Last »
Up