ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 117 of 300
« First < 1767107113114115116117 118119120121127167217 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***** Official '23/'24 KU Men's Basketball Repository Thread *****
cmh6476 02:01 PM 04-10-2023
The Team:

https://kuathletics.com/sports/mbball/roster/

The Schedule:

https://kuathletics.com/sports/mbball/schedule/
[Reply]
smithandrew051 01:12 PM 12-02-2023
Originally Posted by PHOG:
I thought Furphy played better last night defensively than he did in earlier games. (From what I recollect) But he still needs to continue to improve. Timberlake though still needs a LOT of practice.
Timberlake is in year 6 of his college career. I don’t think more practice is going to fix it.

He probably is what he is.
[Reply]
PHOG 01:14 PM 12-02-2023
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:
Timberlake is in year 6 of his college career. I don’t think more practice is going to fix it.

Oh, well ok, didn't realize that. So he's in for a quick 3 point try and then out.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 01:14 PM 12-02-2023
Timberlake’s gotta be able to catch and shoot like Forte to justify getting 10 minutes of playing time.

So far he hasn’t done that, so it’s the Furph experience.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 01:35 PM 12-02-2023
Shaka goes down easily to Wisconsin on the road. Turns out the strategy of hacking all the time is a bit more difficult in someone else's building.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 01:38 PM 12-02-2023
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
Shaka goes down easily to Wisconsin on the road. Turns out the strategy of hacking all the time is a bit more difficult in someone else's building.
So Arizona to #1, and Kansas to #2?
[Reply]
Buehler445 01:47 PM 12-02-2023
Though he’s a bit limited, KJ Adams is really growing on me.

His attitude, effort, and improvement are impressive. That guy is a warrior.

It’s no wonder why Self loves him so much.
I love KJ. LOVE him.

I thought pulling Dickinson out and letting McCullar in particular but also KJ work bitches in the post was goddamned good basketball.

KJ is one of those dudes everyone wants to play with, and I love watching him dunk on bitches.

Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
Clingan is a much better pro prospect given his age, but Dickinson is clearly the better college player right now.

I've also seen Dickinson hit with the criticism of being soft before, but this guy is no Perry Ellis. I thought he was especially impressive defensively yesterday on Clingan and his ability to stretch to the 3PT line offensively was huge (which this team should do more of given how congested it will get with both Dickinson and KJ down low). The fact that his post game was (mostly) shut down in the 2nd half was more to do with how good a defender Clingan is.
That was me. I said it last night, and I'll say it again. I will eat that crow. Dude was playing man's basketball yesterday. I was incorrect.
[Reply]
KCFalcon59 01:53 PM 12-02-2023

“This game belonged to one person.”

For Yvonne ❤️ pic.twitter.com/pociv2gYJO

— Kansas Men’s Basketball (@KUHoops) December 2, 2023

[Reply]
Zebedee DuBois 02:49 PM 12-02-2023
Those were some long commercial timeouts during the ESPN2 broadcast last night. I thought I had somehow inadvertantly changed the channel to an infomercial for treating bags under the eyes. It just went on and on. And Medicare advantage plans -yikes. That's my complaint about the game.

Man, the crowd really fed off the 1st half defensive effort and returned that energy to our team. That was phenomenal.
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 02:55 PM 12-02-2023

I think his shooting struggles so far are mental. Once that mental block is lifted, he'll probably be a solid bench contributor.
[Reply]
KC Hawks 03:10 PM 12-02-2023
Per Mike Vernon, Bill Self is 48-9 in games decided by 5 points or less at AFH.

Shows 1) the magic of the Phog and 2) what a damn good coach Self is. That stat being so slanted shows how he finds ways to win with in game adjustments at key moments.

Do we really have Andy Reid and Bill Self leading our teams? Man, it doesn’t get much better than this.
It's pretty epic to be fans of KU and KC Chiefs IMHO
[Reply]
ChiefsFanatic 07:12 PM 12-02-2023
Originally Posted by Chiefspants:
Timberlake’s gotta be able to catch and shoot like Forte to justify getting 10 minutes of playing time.

So far he hasn’t done that, so it’s the Furph experience.
Maybe Timberlake will come on around February, but so far he is just outmatched. He struggles to guard anyone, isn't a very good rebounder, and seems kinda lost when he is on the court.
[Reply]
Chief Pagan 08:09 PM 12-02-2023
Per Mike Vernon, Bill Self is 48-9 in games decided by 5 points or less at AFH.

Shows 1) the magic of the Phog and 2) what a damn good coach Self is. That stat being so slanted shows how he finds ways to win with in game adjustments at key moments.

Do we really have Andy Reid and Bill Self leading our teams? Man, it doesn’t get much better than this.
Once upon a time, if KU was at AFH down by say down ten with ten minutes left or down 3 with two minutes..., I just assumed that they would win.

And it seemed a pretty good assumption up until recently. (Up until Chiefs became a dynasty, strangely enough.) Not 100%, but still pretty good odds.
[Reply]
Chief Pagan 08:12 PM 12-02-2023
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
I love KJ. LOVE him.

I thought pulling Dickinson out and letting McCullar in particular but also KJ work bitches in the post was goddamned good basketball.

KJ is one of those dudes everyone wants to play with, and I love watching him dunk on bitches.
KJ is a liability at the FT line, but everything else is just a thing of beauty.
[Reply]
SithCeNtZ 08:17 PM 12-02-2023
On Timberlake, I went back and looked at his last two years vs power 5 teams. He has 4 games against Pitt, Clemson, Ohio State, and Wake Forest. Not a murderers row of teams but a decent spread of talent. In those contests he shot 20-56 from 2 and 8-27 from 3. Obviously 4 games isn't the biggest sample size, but it's interesting his numbers line up with what has happened so far this year against power 5 teams. If your hypothesis is he's bothered by elite(power 5) athletes, we don't really have any evidence that he's going to figure it out unfortunately.

It's going to be interesting the scouting on guys transitioning from mid major schools to high majors in the coming years and the analytics behind it. Yesufu had really weird splits that suggested he wasn't ready for Kansas and so does Timberlake. Then again I'm sure there are other guys who have worked out with red flags. The data will be fascinating to watch the next few years and the teams that figure it out first will get a big advantage.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 08:46 PM 12-02-2023
Originally Posted by ChiefsFanatic:
Maybe Timberlake will come on around February, but so far he is just outmatched. He struggles to guard anyone, isn't a very good rebounder, and seems kinda lost when he is on the court.
Somebody needs to be able to hit 3’s consistently. Hopefully Self gets the rotation figured out soon.
[Reply]
Page 117 of 300
« First < 1767107113114115116117 118119120121127167217 > Last »
Up