ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 117 of 268
« First < 1767107113114115116117 118119120121127167217 > Last »
Media Center>Star Wars Episode VIII SPOILERS thread
DaneMcCloud 03:28 PM 01-20-2016
For all things Episode VIII related info including spoilers.

The release date is now December 15, 2017.

The Official Synopsis from Star Wars.com

“In Lucasfilm’s Star Wars: The Last Jedi, the Skywalker saga continues as the heroes of The Force Awakens join the galactic legends in an epic adventure that unlocks age-old mysteries of the Force and shocking revelations of the past.

Star Wars: The Last Jedi opens in U.S. theaters on December 15, 2017.”

New footage in Japanese Trailer

[Reply]
temper11 05:43 PM 12-15-2017
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
Spoiler!
Spoiler!

none of these things "break" from Force Canon to my knowledge, which is admittedly limited to the movies for the most part. Or is there something in the books or animated series that says
Spoiler!
is impossible?
[Reply]
RINGLEADER 05:47 PM 12-15-2017
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
SHE'S THE DAUGHTER OF DARTH VADER.

Spoiler!
The middle hour of this movie wasn't fun. It was boring.

We're running out of fuel!!!!

:-)
[Reply]
RINGLEADER 05:49 PM 12-15-2017
Originally Posted by temper11:
Spoiler!

none of these things "break" from Force Canon to my knowledge, which is admittedly limited to the movies for the most part. Or is there something in the books or animated series that says
Spoiler!
is impossible?
I don't think I'm bothered by the astral projection as much as Dane, but what a weak way to send such an iconic character out on.

Not since Kirk riding a bridge down a bunch of rocks have I seen such an iconic sci-fi character go out in such a weak, unmemorable way.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 05:49 PM 12-15-2017
There's nothing that states those things are impossible. People just have problems with new things.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 05:51 PM 12-15-2017
Originally Posted by RINGLEADER:
I don't think I'm bothered by the astral projection as much as Dane, but what a weak way to send such an iconic character out on.

Not since Kirk riding a bridge down a bunch of rocks have I seen such an iconic sci-fi character go out in such a weak, unmemorable way.
Oh bullshit. He literally
Spoiler!

That was one of the most badass scenes in Star Wars history.

It was zen as fuck. And at the end he
Spoiler!

It was NOTHING like Kirk, and you're talking to a huge Captain Kirk fan.
[Reply]
temper11 05:51 PM 12-15-2017
It just made me shake my head at how dumb it was for
Spoiler!
Well if this is to be believed...

"It's a recurring horror in sci-fi: the hull is pierced, a human is trapped without equipment in an airlock about to open, a door needs to be opened in order to expel something undesirable. With no air and almost zero pressure, the human body isn't going to last long without some form of protection.

But what does happen, exactly? Do your eyes explode outward while your blood evaporates? Well, no. The truth is both less dramatic and far more fascinating -- as we have discovered through accidents in space and in test chambers, and animal experimentation in the 1960s.

The first thing you would notice is the lack of air. You wouldn't lose consciousness straight away; it might take up to 15 seconds as your body uses up the remaining oxygen reserves from your bloodstream, and -- if you don't hold your breath -- you could perhaps survive for as long as two minutes without permanent injury."

...then
Spoiler!

[Reply]
BigRedChief 05:57 PM 12-15-2017
Spoiler!
there is no way in any multiverse we can imagine that Disney allows the bad guys to win at the end of this trilogy. Now, they can kill off people we love aka Hans Solo along the way to that win but the good guys must win.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 05:57 PM 12-15-2017
Oh man. So apparently
Spoiler!

Rian is amazing.

How did that not leak?
[Reply]
okcchief 05:59 PM 12-15-2017
I’m pretty easy to please when it comes to Star Wars movies. I was ok with the Force Awakens and loved Rogue One. I fucking hated most of what I just saw. So disappointed. Disney is obviously paying critics.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
temper11 06:00 PM 12-15-2017
Originally Posted by RINGLEADER:

Ok, it's not what you wanted, but like others I was equally worried that we were going to see him somersaulting all over the place kicking butt in ways that we've never seen him do, even when he was young. He's been out of the game now for how many years, collecting dust. He didn't want back into this fight, hadn't been training for this fight, and the one thing he had been doing all this time, was studying ancient ways and methods of the force. Astral Projection realistically might have been the sharpest weapon he had left to offer. This ending was probably the most fitting and realistic ending that could have been conceived. And Hamill did it really well.
[Reply]
KingPriest2 06:02 PM 12-15-2017
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
Oh man. So apparently
Spoiler!

Rian is amazing.

How did that not leak?
Yes Yoda was a puppet
[Reply]
temper11 06:04 PM 12-15-2017
Originally Posted by okcchief:
I’m pretty easy to please when it comes to Star Wars movies. I was ok with the Force Awakens and loved Rogue One. I ****ing hated most of what I just saw. So disappointed. Disney is obviously paying critics.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I liked it... and I didn't get paid. :-)
[Reply]
Bowser 06:05 PM 12-15-2017
A ton of negativity so far, some of it definitely justified. Here's one positive -

Spoiler!

[Reply]
KingPriest2 06:06 PM 12-15-2017
I think I did hear a new baddie like Snoke is going to be in the next film.

Kylo Ren as the new Supreme Leader?
[Reply]
KingPriest2 06:08 PM 12-15-2017
Originally Posted by Bowser:
A ton of negativity so far, some of it definitely justified. Here's one positive -

Spoiler!
The throne room battle with Rey and Kylo killing the Praetorian Guard was cool

Also. With no crystal how can they construct light sabers since they destroyed Anakins?
[Reply]
Page 117 of 268
« First < 1767107113114115116117 118119120121127167217 > Last »
Up