ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 116 of 208
« First < 1666106112113114115116 117118119120126166 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*.* NEW- 2014 General Fitness Thread *.*
penguinz 01:44 PM 08-13-2014
I guess we filled up the old one... http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=280149

Welcome to 2014! Now get your ass in top physical condition!

No one else started it so here it is!

**From the 2013 Thread**

If you want to get back into lifting, or need a new lifting routine, START HERE:

http://startingstrength.wikia.com/wi...inner_Programs

If you have questions about the SS programs, look here:

http://startingstrength.wikia.com/wiki/FAQ

Keep in mind that you're a novice lifter for a longer period of time than you think you are. Novice lifting can last anywhere from a few months to a year or two, depending on how hard you hit the weights and where you started.

Once you've reached the point where you don't make regular progress on the SS program, you are ready to move on to the intermediate stage, which can last you for a good number of years. Find it HERE:

http://madcow.hostzi.com/5x5_Program/Linear_5x5.htm

If you're a very advanced lifter (many, many years of CONSISTENT weight training), then there are lot of programs out there, and which one you pick is simply a matter of preference. If you're really that advanced, you should know what works for you and what doesn't by this point.
[Reply]
Silock 10:06 PM 05-28-2015
Originally Posted by Billay:
I got 6 star chocolate it's fucking delicious.

If I'm using this stuff lifting 3x a week how long does it take to see gains? Apologies for all the questions.
Is this a serious question?

I can't even tell anymore.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 10:57 PM 05-28-2015
Originally Posted by Silock:
Is this a serious question?

I can't even tell anymore.
Sure
[Reply]
Silock 11:17 PM 05-28-2015
There's not one aspect of training that will give you results by itself. Nutrition, training, sleep, recovery (two different things) . . . all of these things need to be done in proper amounts and intensities. So, whether a protein powder is going to give you "results" depends entirely upon how efficacious your current program is, your adherence to said program, your total caloric intake, your total protein intake (as well as other macronutrients), your sleep, your recovery and about a zillion other things, as well.

If you're already getting about 120g-150g of protein per day on average, powder isn't going to do a damn thing for you. If not, then it will probably help, given your training is properly stressing the body.
[Reply]
SeeingRed 11:33 PM 05-28-2015
Eat food dammit....our bodies are meant to digest food. Thats what works best. Chicken over protein powder any day. Protein powder is a lazy way to try and get results in my experience.
[Reply]
Silock 11:36 PM 05-28-2015
It's not that it's lazy, so much as it's helpful if you're busy, or need a quick way to get some extra protein. Of course it's better to always eat real food, but that's not always possible in this day and age. It's fine as long as you don't rely on it for all or most of your protein.
[Reply]
Aspengc8 05:34 AM 05-29-2015
Anyone use or have some feedback on sleep enhancement supplements like ZMA? I used to take some melatonin, but that just helps me fall asleep. I hear ZMA helps you hit a deep sleep faster?
[Reply]
SeeingRed 06:42 AM 05-29-2015
Originally Posted by Silock:
It's not that it's lazy, so much as it's helpful if you're busy, or need a quick way to get some extra protein. Of course it's better to always eat real food, but that's not always possible in this day and age. It's fine as long as you don't rely on it for all or most of your protein.
true...as long as its used as a "supplement" and the majority of ones nutrition comes from real food
[Reply]
Silock 01:47 PM 05-29-2015
Originally Posted by Aspengc8:
Anyone use or have some feedback on sleep enhancement supplements like ZMA? I used to take some melatonin, but that just helps me fall asleep. I hear ZMA helps you hit a deep sleep faster?
Never had any luck with ZMA. I use a combo of melatonin and 5-HTP.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 01:51 PM 05-29-2015
Originally Posted by SeeingRed:
Eat food dammit....our bodies are meant to digest food. Thats what works best. Chicken over protein powder any day. Protein powder is a lazy way to try and get results in my experience.
100 grams of protein from chicken is a lot of chicken
[Reply]
penguinz 01:58 PM 05-29-2015
Originally Posted by Billay:
100 grams of protein from chicken is a lot of chicken
Far from it. 4 oz of chicken breast is 36g of Protein. 4oz is not much.
[Reply]
KC native 02:04 PM 05-29-2015
Originally Posted by penguinz:
Far from it. 4 oz of chicken breast is 36g of Protein. 4oz is not much.
Yea, but you can't put 4 oz of chicken breast in those cool looking protein shaker cup thingys. Those shaker cup thingys help build up your forearms so you can lift bigger and get GAINZ BRO!
[Reply]
penguinz 02:07 PM 05-29-2015
Originally Posted by KC native:
Yea, but you can't put 4 oz of chicken breast in those cool looking protein shaker cup thingys. Those shaker cup thingys help build up your forearms so you can lift bigger and get GAINZ BRO!
If you have a vitamix you can get the chicken yo a consistency for a shaker bottle.
[Reply]
KC native 02:09 PM 05-29-2015
If you have a vitamix you can get the chicken yo a consistency for a shaker bottle.
Isn't the vitamix a $400 blender?
[Reply]
penguinz 02:10 PM 05-29-2015
Originally Posted by KC native:
Isn't the vitamix a $400 blender?
If you get the cheap one.
[Reply]
KC native 02:12 PM 05-29-2015
If you get the cheap one.
Ain'tnobodygottimeforthat.gif
[Reply]