ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 116 of 145
« First < 1666106112113114115116 117118119120126 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***Official 2023-2024 NBA Thread***
dirk digler 04:43 PM 10-24-2023
Can't believe the NBA Season is starting tonight. Way to early but here we go.

Lakers vs Nuggets: 6:30PM

Suns vs Warriors: 9PM

Both on TNT
[Reply]
BWillie 01:29 PM 05-10-2024
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
SGA is so good at this point that he could carry that team to a title if he gets some help around him. Not sure I trust the others he has to give it though. Chet was not good yesterday.
I dont understand this. The Thunder are a much more well rounded team than say the Mavs. In fact, the Thunder without SGA and the Nuggets without Jokic is a good match. And Jalen Williams ans Chet will only get better. Jalen Williams can get any shot he wants and has been more efficient than SGA this year. He just turned 23 and is virtually the same age as Ant. If there was no SGA Williams would put up Antman type numbers. Cason Wallace and Lou Dort are ridiculous defenders. Isiah Joe is cheap AF and shoots 42% from 3. Chet was bad yesterday but hes a rookie and in general is super efficient. They said hes injury prone yet he played EVERY game this year.

My biggest gripe with their coach of the year is their reluctance to play Aaron Wiggins way more. Hes legitimately good. After next year whoever signs him is going to get a steal. They need to make a trade in the offseason and unload Giddey and some picks for a back up defensive rebounding big and they have the assets to go get another star.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 01:31 PM 05-10-2024
Originally Posted by staylor26:
The mental gymnastics of holding KD to a higher standard than Lebron are one of my favorite aspects of this blatant hypocrisy from Bronsexuals.
It can be done, but you have to parse the lines pretty thin.

If you ask "Were both moves total bitch-made moves" then the answer is unquestionably yes.

Now if you want to say "Were both moves 90+% bitch-made?" You might get have some grounds for argument. What Durant did is an all-time chickenshit move. As bad as I have ever seen and likely ever will. It was cowardice in its highest form.

What LeBron did was a bitch move...just less. 80% bitch-made instead of 95%.

So I guess it just depends on where you set your burden of proof. If it's at '80+% pissy little bitch that can't win a ring without joining established superstars' - both are the same. If it's 90+%? Okay, there's grounds for distinction between LeBron and Durant.
[Reply]
staylor26 01:39 PM 05-10-2024
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:

If you ask "Were both moves total bitch-made moves" then the answer is unquestionably yes.

Now if you want to say "Were both moves 90+% bitch-made?" You might get have some grounds for argument. What Durant did is an all-time chickenshit move. As bad as I have ever seen and likely ever will. It was cowardice in its highest form.

So I guess it just depends on where you set your burden of proof. If it's at '80+% pissy little bitch that can't win a ring without joining established superstars' - both are the same. If it's 90+%? Okay, there's grounds for distinction between LeBron and Durant.
Agreed. I will say that was KD did was objectively even worse all things even, but I don't hold a guy like KD to the same standard as Lebron :-)
[Reply]
KC_Connection 02:07 PM 05-10-2024
Originally Posted by BWillie:
I dont understand this. The Thunder are a much more well rounded team than say the Mavs. In fact, the Thunder without SGA and the Nuggets without Jokic is a good match. And Jalen Williams ans Chet will only get better. Jalen Williams can get any shot he wants and has been more efficient than SGA this year. He just turned 23 and is virtually the same age as Ant. If there was no SGA Williams would put up Antman type numbers. Cason Wallace and Lou Dort are ridiculous defenders. Isiah Joe is cheap AF and shoots 42% from 3. Chet was bad yesterday but hes a rookie and in general is super efficient. They said hes injury prone yet he played EVERY game this year.

My biggest gripe with their coach of the year is their reluctance to play Aaron Wiggins way more. Hes legitimately good. After next year whoever signs him is going to get a steal. They need to make a trade in the offseason and unload Giddey and some picks for a back up defensive rebounding big and they have the assets to go get another star.
Oh, I expect OKC to still beat the Mavs and I expect their core to grow/build/improve to the point where they will eventually win a championship. Not so sure I expect it to happen this year though.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 02:14 PM 05-10-2024

Fitting for LeBron. Always second best at what he does.
[Reply]
staylor26 02:18 PM 05-10-2024
Originally Posted by Sassy Squatch:
Fitting for LeBron. Always second best at what he does.
As I said before, "don't get mad at KD and the Warriors for beating Lebron at his own super team game".

:-)
[Reply]
KCUnited 02:20 PM 05-10-2024
More like Horace Durant amirite
[Reply]
New World Order 02:21 PM 05-10-2024
I'm convinced when KCC is bored he hops on Chiefsplanet and stirrs up arguments about Lebron
[Reply]
dirk digler 02:37 PM 05-10-2024

Just the whole televised Decision brings the bitch-made up to 95%

But to be honest it doesn't really bother me because both of these guys were FA's. That is what being a free agent is for. You get to pick your team and salary and try to be happy. Is it great for the competitiveness of the league? Probably not but no one really complains when FA's change teams in the NFL or other sports. I get the NBA is slightly different because they have a larger impact on the game but Peyton and Brady picked new teams and won SB's and there isn't a position in sports more impactful than QB.

I just don't like double standards and KCC thinks one is ok and the other isn't and that is BS.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 02:42 PM 05-10-2024
Originally Posted by New World Order:
I'm convinced when KCC is bored he hops on Chiefsplanet and stirrs up arguments about Lebron

[Reply]
Chief Pagan 02:54 PM 05-10-2024
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
Just the whole televised Decision brings the bitch-made up to 95%

But to be honest it doesn't really bother me because both of these guys were FA's. That is what being a free agent is for. You get to pick your team and salary and try to be happy. Is it great for the competitiveness of the league? Probably not but no one really complains when FA's change teams in the NFL or other sports. I get the NBA is slightly different because they have a larger impact on the game But Peyton and Brady picked new teams and won SB's and there isn't a position in sports more impactful than QB.

I just don't like double standards and KCC thinks one is ok and the other isn't and that is BS.
I'm not thrilled with the precedent.

But both of those QB's spent long careers with the teams that drafted them, won SB's with the the teams that drafted them, and picked new teams only at the twilight of their careers.
[Reply]
PunkinDrublic 07:18 PM 05-10-2024
I have to admit I wasn’t completely sold on the Mavs getting Kyrie last year but he’s really given the Mavs that veteran leadership they needed. Even though he only had 9 points last night he was keeping guys heads in the game. Stoked to get a W in OKC.
[Reply]
dirk digler 07:38 PM 05-10-2024
This game is amazing
[Reply]
KC_Connection 07:39 PM 05-10-2024
Nembhard better be on that Olympic team
[Reply]
dirk digler 07:44 PM 05-10-2024
Nice win by the Pacers but the Knickx will be kicking themselves for not closing the game out as banged up as they are.
[Reply]
Page 116 of 145
« First < 1666106112113114115116 117118119120126 > Last »
Up