ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 115 of 158
« First < 1565105111112113114115 116117118119125 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Let's talk about the Tampa Bay Buccaneers (Super Bowl Edition)
TLO 08:31 PM 01-24-2021
Second straight Super Bowl win incoming.

Time to send old man Brady out to pasture.
[Reply]
buttpiratepyrex 08:34 PM 02-04-2021
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
You guys typically blitz 42% of the time this year. Against the Chiefs, you blitzed 18% of the time and that included only 1 blitz in the entire second half.

So, Bowles started by saying, "Okay, we're going to play our defense. We'll do what got us here." And that involves blitzes and man coverage, etc. And we annihilated you.

You then in the second half said, "Okay, damn. We're just gonna play vanilla. Some man and some zone. Take away the big play." This matched up incredibly well with the Chiefs who play massively vanilla whenever we get a lead. That's evidenced by the fact that we had so many commanding leads in the second half of the season and somehow the game was always whittled down to a one-score lead.

I don't think there's much chance you're going to lean toward the first half strategy. So you'll mix man and zone without blitzing and hope your front four gets home. It's pretty clear. Mahomes is going to be prepared to pick you apart with short passes given our OL issues.
The key to the game imo is the trench warfare on both sides. Mahomes will do his thing but win or lose he will be sore come monday. Brady on the other hand has the a strong Oline, run game and playaction to play with.
[Reply]
BlackOp 08:35 PM 02-04-2021
Originally Posted by buttpiratepyrex:
Can anyone of you bandwagoners explain the Bucs second half adjustments that held the chiefs high powered offense to 7 pts?
Worry about that before you think you're playing the bills or browns or any other wack AFC team
See a pattern...Reid didnt respect your team enough to keep humiliating them.

These were consecutive games after 3 quarters

vs. Bucs 27-10...ended 27-24
vs. Dolphins 28-10... ended 33-27
vs. Saints 32-15 (Chiefs scored 2 minutes into the 4th)...ended 32-29

This is the difference between a HOF coach and a wannabe like Arians...Tampa didn't figure shit out. KC just let up like they've done all season with a 2 score lead..

Chiefs knew there was a possibility of facing these teams again in the post-season...

vs. Bills 20-10 (regular season)...ended 26-17
vs. Bills 31-15 (AFCCG)...ended 38-24
[Reply]
TimeForWasp 08:37 PM 02-04-2021
I love scrolling through opposing fans forums after we beat them. Can't wait to come back here Monday and witness the collective shock after the chiefs lose lol.
The saints and packers forums are still in the 12 stages of recovery. This one is going to cause some PTSD I guarantee.
Reasons why the Bucs will beat the Chiefs like a rented mule are,
The Washington football team, saints, and packers D are all better than the chiefs and we hung 30 on all of them. Our Oline plowed their dlines and the chiefs dline, while good, is no match for our road graders.

Reason number 2, Brady and the playaction. The Bucs play out of the same heavy run 2 TE formation and have about 40 plays they cycle through. Brady will toy with the chiefs D and it won't be pretty for you.
Reason number 3, Vita Vea. I noticed the chiefs rpo relies on strong Oline play and that ain't happening this game. Vita didn't play last time we played and if he did we would have won. He can't be moved with 2 olinemen which means we collapse the pocket with 4. Even after we got to brees and Rogers, the media still doubts our dline which will feast on that thing you call an Oline.
Lastly, the Bucs will win because fate has it so. We were granted the SB in 2017 and the stars have aligned this season...not even thanos could stop this train.
The Bucs feel absolutely disrespected by the chiefs being favored and I guarantee they will play with more intensity and focus.
Keep the amateur hour smack coming cause it will be glorious to read come Monday when Tampa is hosting the Superbowl parade
ASL You sound cute.
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 08:38 PM 02-04-2021
Just a playoff hobby you know, when the stakes are the highest.
So as a “Bucs fan” your playoff hobby has been on ice since 2007 until this year.
[Reply]
TwistedChief 08:39 PM 02-04-2021
The key to the game imo is the trench warfare on both sides. Mahomes will do his thing but win or lose he will be sore come monday. Brady on the other hand has the a strong Oline, run game and playaction to play with.
You do realize we got a lot of pressure on Brady in that game in the first half when we were putting in max effort right? You do realize that our DC has flummoxed and defeated Brady in two SBs, right? You do realize that Brady struggles with pressure up the middle which is what we excel in with Chris Jones, right?
[Reply]
tredadda 08:41 PM 02-04-2021
I love scrolling through opposing fans forums after we beat them. Can't wait to come back here Monday and witness the collective shock after the chiefs lose lol.
The saints and packers forums are still in the 12 stages of recovery. This one is going to cause some PTSD I guarantee.
The Washington football team, saints, and packers D are all better than the chiefs and we hung 30 on all of them. Our Oline plowed their dlines and the chiefs dline, while good, is no match for our road graders.

Reason number 2, Brady and the playaction. The Bucs play out of the same heavy run 2 TE formation and have about 40 plays they cycle through. Brady will toy with the chiefs D and it won't be pretty for you.
Reason number 3, Vita Vea. I noticed the chiefs rpo relies on strong Oline play and that ain't happening this game. Vita didn't play last time we played and if he did we would have won. He can't be moved with 2 olinemen which means we collapse the pocket with 4. Even after we got to brees and Rogers, the media still doubts our dline which will feast on that thing you call an Oline.
Lastly, the Bucs will win because fate has it so. We were granted the SB in 2017 and the stars have aligned this season...not even thanos could stop this train.
The Bucs feel absolutely disrespected by the chiefs being favored and I guarantee they will play with more intensity and focus.
Keep the amateur hour smack coming cause it will be glorious to read come Monday when Tampa is hosting the Superbowl parade
Where have I heard you shtick from before? Oh that's right you are just another in long line of boasters who swear their team will "dominate" KC. Sadly they were wrong as will you.
[Reply]
tredadda 08:43 PM 02-04-2021
Oh I'll be back win or lose. I just hope I don't get banned lol
No you won't if they lose. Only a couple of Bills fans actually did. No fans of any other team did.
[Reply]
carcosa 08:43 PM 02-04-2021

lol
[Reply]
tredadda 08:45 PM 02-04-2021
Sorry pal I was born in Tampa in the 70's. I was molded in the darkness. Unlike 95% of KC fans who buy all the mahome Jerseys
Lol. 95% of your fan base didn't exist until Brady got there and now you all sport his jersey.
[Reply]
TimeForWasp 08:47 PM 02-04-2021
Lol I knew them was some fighting words, we might just have 1 KC fan that remembers Okoye
Okoye is the reason I am a Chiefs fan.
[Reply]
tredadda 08:47 PM 02-04-2021
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88:
You already failed the first bandwagoning fraud detector test by no showing when the Chiefs ripped apart your fake team back in November.

You weren’t talking trash after that game.

Why not?
It's different this time or something like that. They are hot now etc....
[Reply]
smithandrew051 08:48 PM 02-04-2021
The Buccaneers running game is nothing special at all.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 08:48 PM 02-04-2021
Todd Bowles could become a genius in a few days. Sure.

The fact of the matter is that Green Bay was a much worse match up for us.

Tampa Bay got their perfect setup in Green Bay.

Problem is Tampa matches up terribly against KC.

Hit your prop bet on Tyreek Hill because man or zone he's going to torch the Bucs.
[Reply]
Humbug 08:50 PM 02-04-2021

you won't be back :-)
[Reply]
Bearcat 08:53 PM 02-04-2021
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
You guys typically blitz 42% of the time this year. Against the Chiefs, you blitzed 18% of the time and that included only 1 blitz in the entire second half.

So, Bowles started by saying, "Okay, we're going to play our defense. We'll do what got us here." And that involves blitzes and man coverage, etc. And we annihilated you.

You then in the second half said, "Okay, damn. We're just gonna play vanilla. Some man and some zone. Take away the big play." This matched up incredibly well with the Chiefs who play massively vanilla whenever we get a lead. That's evidenced by the fact that we had so many commanding leads in the second half of the season and somehow the game was always whittled down to a one-score lead.

I don't think there's much chance you're going to lean toward the first half strategy. So you'll mix man and zone without blitzing and hope your front four gets home. It's pretty clear. Mahomes is going to be prepared to pick you apart with short passes given our OL issues.
Yeah, there was a lot more two high safety looks after getting absolutely torched in the first half... and whether it's vanilla play calling (which Mahomes and Reid have admitted to) or Mahomes being impatient or whatever, they really didn't concentrate on the short passing game in the last part of the season.

They still got their points against the Saints despite not doing what everyone thought they would, by running a lot of screens and what not... and they had the closer than expected game against the Falcons, who had the same plan.

And now playoff teams are doing what the Bucs did in the 2nd half of their game, and the Saints, and the Falcons.... except the Chiefs are breaking out the short game, and they're completely comfortable with taking what the defense gives them to get to 3rd and short for relatively easy conversions. And of course that ~7 yard RPO slant can go the distance, given all the speed.

I expect we'll see the game plan everyone expected for the Saints game, assuming the Bucs do everything they can to take away the deep threats.... quick RPO reads, moving the pocket, screens, using Hardman and Tyreek on a few run plays (and of course having CEH back at hopefully 100%), plays to keep the defensive line honest, etc, etc.
[Reply]
Page 115 of 158
« First < 1565105111112113114115 116117118119125 > Last »
Up