Page 115 of 137
« First < 1565105111112113114115 116117118119125 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Dorsey gone?
bdj23 02:12 PM 06-22-2017
Per 610.

The ****?
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 09:38 AM 06-27-2017
A loaded roster was up against the cap...who would have thought! The firing was dumb as fuck.
[Reply]
O.city 09:40 AM 06-27-2017
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Which is why that excuse is bullshit
I get that they've been pushing the money back and kicking the can down the road which has caused things like the maclin cut etc.

But that just seems off to me. I don't know, I haven't really heard a reason yet that I really thought, "yeah, that's it".
[Reply]
The Franchise 09:48 AM 06-27-2017
We fired Dorsey a year before we were about to actually have cap space. Smith and Hali were gone after this year and we would have had plenty of money to keep our players.

I still think this is fucking stupid.

The only way this makes sense is if Dorsey wanted a clause in his contract where he could leave for GB if he was offered the job.
[Reply]
O.city 09:49 AM 06-27-2017
Originally Posted by Pestilence:
We fired Dorsey a year before we were about to actually have cap space. Smith and Hali were gone after this year and we would have had plenty of money to keep our players.

I still think this is ****ing stupid.

The only way this makes sense is if Dorsey wanted a clause in his contract where he could leave for GB if he was offered the job.
That or Reid power played it.

Those are the only 2 things that make any sense to me
[Reply]
RunKC 09:58 AM 06-27-2017
Originally Posted by Pestilence:

I still think this is ****ing stupid.

$10 million combined to Maclin, Tamba and DJ to not play here next year. Clark was stingy about money.

I think what Grunhard said on 810 lends a lot of credibility, especially since he's known Clark for years. "You don't embarrass the Hunt family and stay here long." I imagine the voicemail drama had Clark and Donovan pissed off to holy hell.

Still not a good reason to fire him. I wonder if Clark was thinking to give Dorsey 1 more year with his new staff to prove he can handle contracts and if it didn't work out, fire him in January and promote Veach. Maybe that was presented and Dorsey wanted long term confirmation and Clark said nope.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 10:00 AM 06-27-2017
We will never get over the hump with Clark. Pathetic.
[Reply]
Rain Man 10:05 AM 06-27-2017
Originally Posted by Pasta Giant Meatball:
A loaded roster was up against the cap...who would have thought! The firing was dumb as ****.
This represents my thinking.

I've been a big Clark defender over the past several years and feel like he's usually made the right moves based on the odds. But this? This mystifies me. I want to know why it happened, because from my couch it makes no sense.
[Reply]
penbrook 10:06 AM 06-27-2017
Ryan Cobden has a interview tommorow
[Reply]
BlackOp 10:43 AM 06-27-2017
Originally Posted by RunKC:
I think what Grunhard said on 810 lends a lot of credibility, especially since he's known Clark for years. "You don't embarrass the Hunt family and stay here long."
Yeah, because going 2-14 wasn't embarrassing enough...you abruptly fire the GM that has resurrected your team at 12-4 after letting his replacement go to the Colts.

The Hunt family can suck it....and play their power games. They are doing a fine, fine job at embarrassing themselves in running a professional football team. 49 years without a SB appearance...

The entire league knows this was an amateur move...
[Reply]
threebag 10:46 AM 06-27-2017
Some of this read is just fucking LoL

Hey Chicken Little, the sky is falling...
[Reply]
penbrook 10:47 AM 06-27-2017
Originally Posted by BlackOp:
Yeah, because going 2-14 isn't embarrassing enough...you abruptly fire the GM that has resurrected your team at 12-4 after letting his replacement go to the Colts.

The Hunt family can suck it....and hide behind their inherited wealth. They are doing a fine, fine job at embarrassing themselves in running a professional football team. 49 years without a SB appearance...

The entire league knows this was an amateur move...
Dorsey sucked ass when it came to money!! Almost 73 mil in dead money. Imagine the players we could have right now or we could use that money to give peters a extension
[Reply]
BlackOp 10:51 AM 06-27-2017
Originally Posted by penbrook:
Dorsey sucked ass when it came to money!! Almost 73 mil in dead money. Imagine the players we could have right now or we could use that money to give peters a extension
Dead money or not...he has built what many think is the best roster in th NFL.

They could be the Browns and have $40 million is space....:-)

They haven't been forced to cut anyone that was performing...
[Reply]
penbrook 11:01 AM 06-27-2017
Originally Posted by BlackOp:
Dead money or not...he has built what many think is the best roster in th NFL.

They could be the Browns and have $40 million is space....:-)

They haven't been forced to cut anyone that was performing...
Howard, Maclin, signed Bowe to a shitty contract. Signed Grubbs to a shitty contract. Tampered with Maclin and lost a draft pick. I would say Alex Smith but at the time that was the best option.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 11:03 AM 06-27-2017
The Hunts are why we have a 50 year title drought. Failure at the ownership level.
[Reply]
Kiimo 11:12 AM 06-27-2017
How can you people still not understand why he was fired when the reasons given have been stated and re-stated hundreds of times at this point.
[Reply]
Page 115 of 137
« First < 1565105111112113114115 116117118119125 > Last »
Up