ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 115 of 163
« First < 1565105111112113114115 116117118119125 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Major Update on Tyreek Hill [old thread, don't freak out]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 11:44 AM 04-24-2019

Today at 3:00, Steve will be holding a press conference regarding the criminal investigation involving Tyreek Hill and Crystal Espinal. This will be held in our 4th floor conference room.

— Johnson County KS DA (@JohnsonCoDA) April 24, 2019

From @NFLTotalAccess: The latest on #Chiefs WR Tyreek Hill... pic.twitter.com/5xEpODrhuf

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) April 25, 2019

[Reply]
Kiimo 04:14 PM 04-25-2019
I don't think I've seen a story this crazy in a long time. This is Vanover-level holy shit. A little Larry Johnson thrown in.
[Reply]
digger 04:14 PM 04-25-2019
Kansas one party consent law

Recording Conversations. One-Party Consent: Kansas law bars the interception, recording and or disclosure of any oral or telephonic communication by the means of an electronic recording device without the consent of at least one party or if they are a party to said communication.

Missouri's wiretapping law is a "one-party consent" law. Missouri makes it a crime to intercept or record any "wire, oral, or electronic communication" unless one party to the conversation consents.
[Reply]
Red Dawg 04:14 PM 04-25-2019
K CTV 5 is about to screw Hill
[Reply]
BlackOp 04:15 PM 04-25-2019
The problem is KC media chose to crucify Hill...instead of waiting until it played out. Now they have to double down after there were no charges... to cover their irresponsible asses.

They are going to drive this morality thing into the dirt instead of admitting they were wrong...and it might cost Hill his job with KC.

All for nothing...created a shit storm for clicks.

I hope local Chiefs fans publicly destroy those reporters...and drive them into the dirt like they did to Hill.
[Reply]
tk13 04:15 PM 04-25-2019
In today's world, if there is dirt and it's out there, it's going to find it's way out. Especially if it involves abuse of a child.
[Reply]
BryanBusby 04:15 PM 04-25-2019
Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate:
Especially if one of the parties on said call is an attorney for our client(s).
Attorney or not on the line, it's a giant no no to record a conversation when there's an expectation of privacy.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 04:15 PM 04-25-2019
Originally Posted by srvy:
Its getting crazy. This is what its come to now I guess our legal system is in peril. I will wait and see what this hulabelew is.
We should assemble a compendium of the best CP alternative spellings.
There have been some amusing doozies.
[Reply]
digger 04:15 PM 04-25-2019
Oklahoma does, indeed, have a one-party consent tape recording law. HOWEVER it only applies to IN-STATE phone calls. If the call is from (or to) an OUT-OF-STATE party, federal law prevails (ALL parties to the call must consent).
[Reply]
In58men 04:16 PM 04-25-2019
Do you fucking idiots not understand that he good?
[Reply]
Chris Meck 04:17 PM 04-25-2019
Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate:
Wut? No charges and it "doesn't look good"? What exactly are you seeking here?
honestly?

I'm seeking an explanation that it's like...one of the grandparents or an uncle or something that grabbed the kid way too hard not really meaning to and the reason there are no charges is that the family closed ranks.

I really hope that's what shakes out.

but 'doesn't look good'- are you really going to tell me with Hill's history that this looks like 'nothing to see here'?

something bad happened here and just because everybody is being tight-lipped so there are no charges doesn't mean nothing happened. It just means they can't charge anyone because they don't know WHO to charge.

Part of getting a second chance is that you ARE under extra scrutiny.

So, yeah, I feel pretty comfortable with saying, at the very least, this looks suspicious. i.e. 'doesn't look good'.

I really don't think if you're going to be logical about it you could say otherwise.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 04:19 PM 04-25-2019
Originally Posted by Red Dawg:
KCTV5 didn't screw Hill. Hill screwed Hill.
[Reply]
dlphg9 04:20 PM 04-25-2019
Why would the police not get this recording.
[Reply]
Red Dawg 04:20 PM 04-25-2019
Hes fucked. I can feel it.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 04:21 PM 04-25-2019
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
honestly?

I'm seeking an explanation that it's like...one of the grandparents or an uncle or something that grabbed the kid way too hard not really meaning to and the reason there are no charges is that the family closed ranks.

I really hope that's what shakes out.

but 'doesn't look good'- are you really going to tell me with Hill's history that this looks like 'nothing to see here'?

something bad happened here and just because everybody is being tight-lipped so there are no charges doesn't mean nothing happened. It just means they can't charge anyone because they don't know WHO to charge.

Part of getting a second chance is that you ARE under extra scrutiny.

So, yeah, I feel pretty comfortable with saying, at the very least, this looks suspicious. i.e. 'doesn't look good'.

I really don't think if you're going to be logical about it you could say otherwise.
I guess things depend on what your philopsohical view of a 'second chance' is.

I'm all for a 'short leash' second chance where the premsises are;
you messed up
you credibly express remorse
you realize that the next established incident is a 'no quarter' situation.

Seems though, that some are altering the conception somewhat midstream, where, instead of the next credible incident, to where the next whiff of smoke and you have no benefit of doubt whether there is smoke AND fire or whether you caused the smoke and fire, because this wasn't so much a second chance as a temporary suspension of our wrath over the first chance.
[Reply]
BlackOp 04:22 PM 04-25-2019
Originally Posted by Red Dawg:
What the **** is the end game here...for the local media to drive a generational WR out of the city?

When all this media dust settles...people are going to realize how ****ed up this all is.

Local TV is trying to broadcast illegal phone recordings of it's star player? TMZ?

DA pulling strings?
[Reply]
Page 115 of 163
« First < 1565105111112113114115 116117118119125 > Last »
Up