Page 114 of 137
« First < 1464104110111112113114 115116117118124 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Dorsey gone?
bdj23 02:12 PM 06-22-2017
Per 610.

The ****?
[Reply]
penbrook 09:53 PM 06-26-2017
A few days ago no one here wanted Veach because he was one of Reid's guys and now today everyone is saying sign Veach. CP is bi polar as a whole
[Reply]
JoeyChuckles 10:23 PM 06-26-2017
Originally Posted by penbrook:
A few days ago no one here wanted Veach because he was one of Reid's guys and now today everyone is saying sign Veach. CP is bi polar as a whole
I want him just so we can say "Son of a Veach" whenever something goes wrong.

On that note, I'm out again. Nice seeing you all.
[Reply]
bevischief 11:22 PM 06-26-2017
Is this why the aliens stopped by?
[Reply]
BlackOp 12:27 AM 06-27-2017
It's been a few days and I still cant believe this move...Sure, they can hire another GM but finding someone that can build the best 53 roster (as some NFL personnel people think) isn't that easy. If it were, every team would do it...it was pretty uncanny how many cast-offs have come here and produced. I've never seen anything like it in regards to the Chiefs...the consistency. Dorsey just has a nose for it. Mitchell is a perfect example...as is Parker, Ware and Bailey.

We were getting spoiled..expecting a pro-bowler from every draft. Chiefs always find a way to fuck things up....49 years.

Dorsey has set the team up...this draft was with an eye towards the future. Shame we'll never know what it could have been with another 4 years.

CHunt just fired the best GM in Chiefs history...IMO.

Pissed....
[Reply]
Marcellus 03:34 AM 06-27-2017
Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate:
You will never hear me say that Dorsey had nothing to do with the drafting/talent evaluation.
Has ANYONE said that?
[Reply]
Red Dawg 04:44 AM 06-27-2017
Originally Posted by BlackOp:
It's been a few days and I still cant believe this move...Sure, they can hire another GM but finding someone that can build the best 53 roster (as some NFL personnel people think) isn't that easy. If it were, every team would do it...it was pretty uncanny how many cast-offs have come here and produced. I've never seen anything like it in regards to the Chiefs...the consistency. Dorsey just has a nose for it. Mitchell is a perfect example...as is Parker, Ware and Bailey.

We were getting spoiled..expecting a pro-bowler from every draft. Chiefs always find a way to **** things up....49 years.

Dorsey has set the team up...this draft was with an eye towards the future. Shame we'll never know what it could have been with another 4 years.

Pissed....
Great personnel guy but that's not enough. We are fugged every off season because he's a disaster with contracts and that hinders team improvement. Cut Maclin just to sign the draft class. 13 mil over the cap for next year but cutting Alex will put us under so it's not all bad. Dorsey is not some incredible GM. He did very well finding players but failed everywhere else. I'm not saying Hunt was right to fire him right now but the timing makes me think it was Andy or Dorsey and he made the right choice keeping Andy. Veach will get the job and the team will be fine.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 06:05 AM 06-27-2017

We were getting spoiled..expecting a pro-bowler from every draft. Chiefs always find a way to fuck things up....49 years.

Pissed....
Definitely the best talent evaluating GM, anyway. Like you, I don't see much hope in finding another GM as tireless and successful as Dorsey was in his quest to unearth exceptional talent on the fringes.
Any Peeholi can pick a Berry and be a tight ass with the money. There's no special talent in that.
At all.
Those outliers are part of what created a deep and functional roster in which one could truly ascribe "next man up" and not miss a beat.
Good luck in replicating that.

Originally Posted by Marcellus:
Has ANYONE said that?
I would hope not.
[Reply]
Buckweath 06:48 AM 06-27-2017
Originally Posted by Tuckdaddy:
Great personnel guy but that's not enough. We are fugged every off season because he's a disaster with contracts and that hinders team improvement. Cut Maclin just to sign the draft class. 13 mil over the cap for next year but cutting Alex will put us under so it's not all bad. Dorsey is not some incredible GM. He did very well finding players but failed everywhere else. I'm not saying Hunt was right to fire him right now but the timing makes me think it was Andy or Dorsey and he made the right choice keeping Andy. Veach will get the job and the team will be fine.
You're one of those who seems to have turned on Dorsey.

I thought and absolutely still think he was one of the very best GM in the league.

I don't see how he was bad with contracts. When you have been one of the most talented teams in the league for a few years, you're going to have to pay big money to some of your players.

The Maclin contract could only be said to be bad because of his injury history. Otherwise, the Chiefs absolutely needed a top WR like he was. We either had to get him or Cobb, who was resigned by GB if I remember well.

And how does it make sense to say that he was bad with contracts and that hindered the team improvement when we arguably have the top 53 roster in the league and certainly one of the best?

Dorsey looked like he built a great roster and would keep it this way for years because he is so good at drafting and finding great players off the street.

Veach might be good but make no mistake, Dorsey did a fantastic job here in KC and is a top GM.
[Reply]
jaa1025 06:55 AM 06-27-2017
Originally Posted by penbrook:
I'm on Veach bandwagon. He's going to be a GM in this league very soon even if the Chiefs pass. He's well respected and has a scout background. He appears more polished than Dorsey who always came off as a football player in a GM's roll. This hire will provide continuity on an otherwise very good front office and scouting department.
[Reply]
old_geezer 07:47 AM 06-27-2017
Originally Posted by Buckweath:

I thought and absolutely still think he was one of the very best GM in the league.

I don't see how he was bad with contracts. When you have been one of the most talented teams in the league for a few years, you're going to have to pay big money to some of your players.

The Maclin contract could only be said to be bad because of his injury history. Otherwise, the Chiefs absolutely needed a top WR like he was. We either had to get him or Cobb, who was resigned by GB if I remember well.

And how does it make sense to say that he was bad with contracts and that hindered the team improvement when we arguably have the top 53 roster in the league and certainly one of the best?

Dorsey looked like he built a great roster and would keep it this way for years because he is so good at drafting and finding great players off the street.

Veach might be good but make no mistake, Dorsey did a fantastic job here in KC and is a top GM.

My thoughts exactly. Dorsey went from working on an extension to "don't bother to stick around for your final year" in the blink of an eye. He did something to piss off Clark or Andy or both. My guess is the Maclin situation but that's just a guess. The suddenness of the firing seems to be a knee jerk reaction to something. I hope I'm proven wrong by facts, not speculation. It's not a good look for the Chiefs.
[Reply]
Red Dawg 09:06 AM 06-27-2017
Originally Posted by Buckweath:

I haven't turned on Dorsey and would have had no issue with him staying but I have bitched numerous times in his tenure about never having any money to help make the team better. That's why I personally don't have massive issue with him being replaced. He doesn't scout alone so I think we will be ok. I know this much contract and cap will get better.
[Reply]
RunKC 09:17 AM 06-27-2017
2013-Sean Smith
2014-none
2015-Jeremy Maclin
2016-Mitchell Schwartz
2017-Bennie Logan

1 good FA almost every year which is perfect IMO.. Yes the structure of contracts were bad no doubt, but we've had money before and Andy is at fault for loyalty. Why is Colquitt still here? Demetrius Harris? That's roughly $5 million right there.

I think the dead $$, Berry contract and Maclin release were key factors here.
[Reply]
arrwheader 09:27 AM 06-27-2017

We were getting spoiled..expecting a pro-bowler from every draft. Chiefs always find a way to **** things up....49 years.

Pissed....
I keep seeing this Dorsey brought in these players that were cast offs and then they produced. Why are people crediting Dorsey? That's Reid's area. He's the coach. Dorsey can bringing in talented cast offs like other gms do,but your coaches are getting the best out of them.
[Reply]
O.city 09:30 AM 06-27-2017
Originally Posted by RunKC:
2013-Sean Smith
2014-none
2015-Jeremy Maclin
2016-Mitchell Schwartz
2017-Bennie Logan

1 good FA almost every year which is perfect IMO.. Yes the structure of contracts were bad no doubt, but we've had money before and Andy is at fault for loyalty. Why is Colquitt still here? Demetrius Harris? That's roughly $5 million right there.

I think the dead $$, Berry contract and Maclin release were key factors here.
That's the thing, as bad as the cap has supposedly been, it hasn't stopped them from bringing in whoever they want.
[Reply]
staylor26 09:36 AM 06-27-2017
Originally Posted by O.city:
That's the thing, as bad as the cap has supposedly been, it hasn't stopped them from bringing in whoever they want.
Which is why that excuse is bullshit
[Reply]
Page 114 of 137
« First < 1464104110111112113114 115116117118124 > Last »
Up