ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 114 of 130
« First < 1464104110111112113114 115116117118124 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Official 2017 STL Cardinals Thread
BigRedChief 08:06 PM 01-27-2017
My as well get it started. Here's my "Matheny" lineup.....

Fowler CF
Diaz SS
Carpenter 1B
Piscotty RF
Grichuk LF
Molina C
Peralta 3B
Wong 2B
Pitcher

My "Matheny" Starting rotation

Martinez
Reyes
Wainwright
Lynn
Leake
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:56 AM 12-14-2017
Cardinals kept Wisdom in the Rule 5 draft (lost nobody in the MLB portion).

Okay, that's fine. He gets another year to establish a little more plate discipline and prove that the power is sustainable. He could make himself into a viable bench player.

But seriously, my kingdom for a lefty with thump somewhere in this organization. Honestly, the closest I can see to a viable lefty bench bat is that Woodman bum we got from Toronto. There's just nobody in the entire system that hits lefthanded and doesn't suck.

Carlson is a switch hitter who's way too far away and a natural righty at that, Plummer is a mess and Hurst is a signability pick from 2017 that's probably Skip Schumaker if everything goes right. How did they manage to have an entire minor league organization without a single lefthanded bat that profiles as a plus power threat?
[Reply]
BigRedChief 10:12 AM 12-14-2017

#STLCards keep pushing for Donaldson, sources tell The Athletic. #BlueJays remain disinclined to move Donaldson, planning to compete in 2018. Asking price high. No indication deal is close.

— Ken Rosenthal (@Ken_Rosenthal) December 14, 2017

[Reply]
Marco Polo 10:23 AM 12-14-2017
A's infield prospects Yairo Munoz and Max Schrock would head to the Cardinals in the pending Stephen Piscotty trade, per Derrick Goold of the St. Louis Post-Dispatch.

Susan Slusser of the San Francisco Chronicle was first to float those two names. Official announcement of this trade is pending a physical and that could take another day or so given that Piscotty dealt with multiple injuries in 2017. Munoz, 22, batted .300/.330/.464 with 13 home runs and 22 stolen bases in 112 games this past season between Double-A Midland and Triple-A Nashville. He's played all over the field, but most of his defensive innings have come at shortstop. Schrock, a 23-year-old second baseman, put up an impressive .321/.379/.422 batting line in 106 games at the Double-A level in 2017.
[Reply]
Marco Polo 10:25 AM 12-14-2017
Looks like we got the A's #14 and #19 players in their system:

https://www.athleticsnation.com/2017...-dustin-fowler
[Reply]
Marco Polo 10:27 AM 12-14-2017
Baseball America has Munoz at #10:

https://www.baseballamerica.com/mino...eMhrcR6CGMu.97
[Reply]
bdj23 10:30 AM 12-14-2017
This is a lot more than i was expecting from our front office this winter.

My fiance is getting us tickets to opening day for Christmas, getting kind of excited for Spring.
[Reply]
Marco Polo 10:30 AM 12-14-2017
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Cardinals kept Wisdom in the Rule 5 draft (lost nobody in the MLB portion).

Okay, that's fine. He gets another year to establish a little more plate discipline and prove that the power is sustainable. He could make himself into a viable bench player.

But seriously, my kingdom for a lefty with thump somewhere in this organization. Honestly, the closest I can see to a viable lefty bench bat is that Woodman bum we got from Toronto. There's just nobody in the entire system that hits lefthanded and doesn't suck.

Carlson is a switch hitter who's way too far away and a natural righty at that, Plummer is a mess and Hurst is a signability pick from 2017 that's probably Skip Schumaker if everything goes right. How did they manage to have an entire minor league organization without a single lefthanded bat that profiles as a plus power threat?
Not that Schrock is all world, but he is a lefty.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 10:37 AM 12-14-2017
Originally Posted by Marco Polo:
Not that Schrock is all world, but he is a lefty.
I googled the guy and there are a lot of opinions out there that he has an All-Star ceiling. Even a MVP. Never heard of the guy. Maybe DJ knows the guy?
[Reply]
raybec 4 11:00 AM 12-14-2017
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
I googled the guy and there are a lot of opinions out there that he has an All-Star ceiling. Even a MVP. Never heard of the guy. Maybe DJ knows the guy?
These are the same opinions that had Martinez as a Cy Young candidate.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 11:06 AM 12-14-2017
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
The 'MVP' article you read was tongue in cheek.

No, I didn't know him but his name trickled out last night so I looked him up a bit.

Great bat control, willing to work a walk. By all accounts the kid plays his ass off and is a lot of fun to watch. Plus speed that he seems to have forgotten to put to use on the bases last year but there are no indications he lost it. To my eyes he's an extremely high floor, relatively low ceiling, not terribly versatile defender that will play in the major leagues. First (lazy) comparison is Greg Garcia.

After a little more thinking I got to Joey Cora as a potential comp. If you squint really hard and project a bit, you can get to Cesar Hernandez. If he got there, this would be a win from a pure 'baseball' standpoint.

The hit tool and speed will play at this level. Yes, he's a lefty, but a redundant one in that we already have Garcia. So for right now I don't see much need for him as he doesn't present the lefty power that we need.

Munoz is the guy I can live without. No understanding of the zone, not enough power to make up for the bad strike zone judgment. Arm profiles at short but the feet don't so you have 15 HR hitter with shitty strikezone judgment and a corner IF defensive profile. Fan-fuckin-tastic. We got a worse version of Patrick Wisdom. And wonder of wonders, he also hits righthanded. I'd have far preferred Greg Diechmann who at least bats lefthanded and seems to have some idea what the hell he's doing at the plate.

I'm guessing the Cardinals hope they can turn Munoz into an IF/OF super-sub in the mold of Chris Taylor. I wouldn't hold my breath.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 11:09 AM 12-14-2017
Originally Posted by BDj23:
This is a lot more than i was expecting from our front office this winter.

My fiance is getting us tickets to opening day for Christmas, getting kind of excited for Spring.
Lulz
[Reply]
bdj23 11:15 AM 12-14-2017
Originally Posted by Pasta Giant Meatball:
Lulz
Yeah yeah, i know, fuck Tommy Pham.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 11:16 AM 12-14-2017
Originally Posted by BDj23:
Yeah yeah, i know, fuck Tommy Pham.
:-)
[Reply]
BigRedChief 02:02 PM 12-14-2017
This is supposedly the players that the Orioles want for the one year rental of Marchado.

Now that Ozuna is done, @Cardinals move on: I am told they will not, will not consider moving Reyes and Weaver for Machado.

— Frank Cusumano (@Frank_Cusumano) December 14, 2017

[Reply]
jd1020 02:06 PM 12-14-2017
"and"

If the Cardinals want Machado then they will have to give up Reyes +, if you are to believe Rosenthals report of what the White Sox centerpiece is.

So you take Weaver off the table and move on to a combo of Reyes + Flaherty/Hudson + a bat.
[Reply]
Page 114 of 130
« First < 1464104110111112113114 115116117118124 > Last »
Up