ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 113 of 379
« First < 1363103109110111112113 114115116117123163213 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Let's talk about the 49ers (Super Bowl Edition)
TLO 07:03 PM 01-19-2020
Well Chiefs vs Packers is what I had hoped for, but that's not happening.

Let's talk about Chiefs vs 49ers here.
[Reply]
Deebo19 10:37 AM 01-22-2020
Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry:
NFC we went 3-1 against and we lost the 1 because Mahomes was hurt. 49er trolls are ****ing morons.
You played the packers Vikings and lions lol. Congratulations!
[Reply]
RunKC 10:38 AM 01-22-2020
The Niners are a very young inexperienced team. This is the first time that most of their best young players have been in the postseason and it’s been easy for them.

This is Jimmy G’s first postseason and he has had it so easy that he only had to throw the ball 27 times in 2 games.

Meanwhile our team has been through hell and back from the Patriots heart break to being down double-digits and coming back in both playoff games.

Last year we saw what happened to Jared Goff when the Patriots made him lead that team in the big game. If we do that to Jimmy G I bet he struggles.
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 10:38 AM 01-22-2020
Originally Posted by Deebo19:
You played those same Packers and Vikings to get to the Super Bowl, LOL, congratulations!
[Reply]
Deebo19 10:39 AM 01-22-2020
Originally Posted by DRM08:
I’m surprised Vegas is not favoring the Niners by 7+ points. They are pretty loaded with talent on both sides of the ball and very good coaching. Their fanbase seems pretty arrogant to me. They seem to be expecting a 20-30 point blowout in their favor. Maybe it happens. But I think it will be a pretty competitive game and 50/50 chance on who wins it. If the Niners lose, that is gonna be a hell of a letdown for a huge chunk of their fanbase expecting an easy victory.
Funny because as a 49er fan, I’m surprised the Chiefs aren’t favored by 7 with all the Mahomes praise.

If you’re judging fan base arrogance, your members on this board are second to none. Judging by your posters, the letdown will be MUCH more painful here if you lose. We’re not even supposed to be here!

But human psychology is fascinating.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 10:41 AM 01-22-2020

[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 10:41 AM 01-22-2020
Uhh.....
[Reply]
Danguardace 10:42 AM 01-22-2020
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:
KC’s OL is criminally underrated in pass protection.
Exactly dominate a division that has had elite Pass rushers consistently even with Alex Smith. Mack (Untill Recently) Miller, Bigger Boso, Ingram. Reid will have a plan to attack them and protecting Pat
[Reply]
Basileus777 10:43 AM 01-22-2020
Yeah, we're going to need to cull some of these 9ers trolls like we did with the Titans. Thread is basically unreadable.
[Reply]
Mecca 10:43 AM 01-22-2020
From that piece I posted...

The unstoppable force

In asking a handful of people around the league who they believe will win Super Bowl LIV, what has surprised me—actually stunned me—is how many are confident the Chiefs will blow out the 49ers.

Three assistant coaches and two front office executives with whom B/R spoke all picked the Chiefs, big, and I don't think this belief is isolated.

What is so striking about that view is that I have seen few teams, in decades of covering this sport, more physical—and adaptable—than the 49ers. They are tough, but they are also malleable. They won 9-0 against Washington in a rainstorm and 48-46 on the fast track of the Mercedes-Benz Superdome in New Orleans.

They can do anything and everything.

But there are good reasons to believe in Kansas City.

First, Andy Reid. It's difficult to put into words how much everyone in football respects Reid as a head coach. He's seen as coaching royalty. This is the second franchise (the first being the Eagles in the 2004 season) he's taken to a Super Bowl.

Second, quarterback Patrick Mahomes.

"There is no defense against Mahomes right now," one NFC assistant coach said. Not even the 49ers, argue the coaches and team execs. To them, no player—at any position—is playing better than Mahomes.

It's taken as an article of faith that team success in the NFL is based upon a franchise's coach and quarterback, and with Reid and Mahomes, the Chiefs have two the league feels are performing at the highest level.

And if the connection clicks again in two weeks, the Chiefs may fly home from Miami with their first championship in five decades.
[Reply]
Beef Supreme 10:44 AM 01-22-2020
They shit on their own sidewalks, of course they are going to shit in this thread.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 10:46 AM 01-22-2020
You play who's on your fucking schedule, you dimwit. This isn't fucking college where you get to pick the schedule.
[Reply]
wachashi 10:48 AM 01-22-2020
I don't see the 49ers getting as much pass-rush pressure as the Patriots did on our Chiefs. They're too soft/slow in the secondary to play press-man, which is what prevented Mahomes from getting the ball out quickly on a good number of plays against the Pats. And the Patriots play more games on their D-line to try and cause confusion pre-snap. They crowded the line of scrimmage with linebackers frequently to stress the oline's protection assignments. The Niners have a more talented front four than the Patriots, but they rely on their rushers just being better than the man in front of them more than the Pats do. Even still, this offense put together some really nice looking drives against that elite Pats defense - one ended in a Kelce fumble that made that game much closer than it should've been.

I really think our offense is going to be able to neutralize the Niners pass rush for the most part. They'll make some plays on us, but whether it's through an extra tight-end, a running back chip, or quick slants/screens, Andy's going to be able to scheme around this Niner pass rush easier than he was able to against the Pats.
[Reply]
BangbangNinerGang 10:57 AM 01-22-2020
Originally Posted by RunKC:
The Niners are a very young inexperienced team. This is the first time that most of their best young players have been in the postseason and it’s been easy for them.

This is Jimmy G’s first postseason and he has had it so easy that he only had to throw the ball 27 times in 2 games.

Meanwhile our team has been through hell and back from the Patriots heart break to being down double-digits and coming back in both playoff games.

Last year we saw what happened to Jared Goff when the Patriots made him lead that team in the big game. If we do that to Jimmy G I bet he struggles.
Congratulations on your experience in losing! Everyone can make 'facts' work for them; You have 2 players that have been in a Super Bowl, the Niners have 6.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 10:58 AM 01-22-2020
Originally Posted by Mecca:
https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...chiefs-to-lose

Apparently a lot of people that work in the NFL think the Chiefs are going to blow them away....
Pretty decent article.

I think he’s wrong to assume SF will blitz Mahomes. Why would they do that, at least early on, when their best chance to win is the possibility of getting to Patrick with 4 rushers?
[Reply]
Frosty 11:00 AM 01-22-2020
Originally Posted by BangbangNinerGang:
Congratulations on your experience in losing! Everyone can make 'facts' work for them; You have 2 players that have been in a Super Bowl, the Niners have 6.
Ooooo - 6! I guess we have no chance then.

:-)
[Reply]
Page 113 of 379
« First < 1363103109110111112113 114115116117123163213 > Last »
Up