ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 113 of 136
« First < 1363103109110111112113 114115116117123 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>****Official Golf Thread****
'Hamas' Jenkins 10:08 PM 02-07-2015
The original Bushwood thread is overflowing like Craig Stadler's FUPA.

Use this thread to discuss tournaments, swing thoughts, equipment, and golf deals.

I thought we could also use the OP to create a WITB for ChiefsPlanet members. I'll list a poster's name and put their sticks in a spoiler tag, so you can see what everyone is carrying.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 08:18 PM 08-03-2017
Originally Posted by BWillie:
Steph Curry is going to play in a Web.com event. They say he's a scratch golfer. It's one thing playing practice rounds, and 6700 yard courses. It's another thing to play pro pin placements and green speed, for real. I think he'll shoot no lower than 76 (since it's a Par 70). If it's his home course that he plays every day, Iono maybe better. Zero chance he makes the cut, though.
74 it was. Better than I thought he'd do.
[Reply]
tk13 06:28 PM 08-11-2017
The end of the 2nd round of the PGA is pretty great. Everyone trying to beat the darkness. I've never seen pros play so fast. Guys playing out of turn, literally running between shots, rushing up to the next hole to tee off so the whole group can finish the round.

Dustin Johnson raced up to 18 and teed off while the rest of his group was still on 17. Danny Willett took one for his group. He got up to 9, his final hole... and the next group ahead was still in the fairway, so he hit an iron off the tee on a 500 yard hole just so his group could finish. Pretty hilarious.
[Reply]
tk13 06:35 PM 08-11-2017
:-) Rod Pampling.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ pic.twitter.com/7RRrf6AIOe

— PGA of America (@PGA) August 12, 2017

[Reply]
philfree 10:15 PM 08-20-2017
Shout out to the American Girls kicking butt in the Solheim Cup. Lexi Thompsons is four down at the turn and plays the next seven holes 8 under. It was a wow moment. Still ended up with only a half point but her comeback was amazing. And then we dominated in the victory as a team. :-) USA! USA! USA!
[Reply]
philfree 10:57 PM 08-24-2017
I figure this place is better than Google for this kind of info. A buddy was talking TPC but is that the best.
[Reply]
Dartgod 06:04 AM 08-25-2017
I've only played at TPC Las Vegas. Nice course but pricey as most of them are.

What I've heard is Wolf Creek in Mesquite is one of the best out there. I know a few people who have played there. They are closed for annual maintenance SEPT 5 - SEPT 21 though if that is when you are out there.

In fact, a lot of the courses are doing maintenance in SEPT and may be cart path only. That's the way is was for last year at TPC.
[Reply]
O.city 08:12 AM 08-25-2017
Originally Posted by philfree:
I figure this place is better than Google for this kind of info. A buddy was talking TPC but is that the best.
Drive to mesquite and that area. Some up in Utah in the red clay.

Awesome
[Reply]
O.city 08:14 AM 08-25-2017
Originally Posted by O.city:
https://theprairieclub.com/

Heading up to Nebraska in a couple weeks for 5 days here. Looks like a great couple tracks, anyone been there?
Fwiw, I would highly recommend this place. Kind of a bitch to get to but damn, 2 great tracks.

The horse course in the evening was legit as well.
[Reply]
philfree 08:41 AM 08-25-2017
From a small amount of research I've found that there are two TPCs in the Las Vegas area. TPC Las Vegas and TPC Summerlin.. Looks like they are right together.

I figured I was going to have to drop some coin to play the TPC courses. I'll look at Mesquite and see what's there. Thanks guys.
[Reply]
O.city 08:48 AM 08-25-2017
Wig creek is up there with the best courses I've ever been on. It's pricey but it's fantastic
[Reply]
Dartgod 09:02 AM 08-25-2017
From a small amount of research I've found that there are two TPCs in the Las Vegas area. TPC Las Vegas and TPC Summerlin.. Looks like they are right together.

I figured I was going to have to drop some coin to play the TPC courses. I'll look at Mesquite and see what's there. Thanks guys.
Wolf Creek.

Look no further. I've never played it, but I know people who have.

When are you planning this trip?
[Reply]
philfree 09:11 AM 08-25-2017
Going the end of September. Wolf Creek. Okie dokie.
[Reply]
scho63 09:15 AM 08-25-2017
I played TPC Vegas in early April. Really nice course and pricey but worth it. I'm sure it's cheaper now in dead of summer. Kept in great shape then at start of summer. Had to stop playing for 70 minutes as a monsoon hit around the 11th hole.

TPC Summerlin is now PRIVATE so forget playing it. I played it 20 years ago and it was great.

Wolf Creek is considered one of the top new courses in the area and I've never heard anything bad about it.

I was 45 pounds heavier in this photo just 4 1/2 months ago.
Attached: TPC VEGAS (1).jpg (91.5 KB) TPC VEGAS (2).jpg (206.3 KB) 
[Reply]
GloryDayz 09:26 AM 08-25-2017
I've got an employee in Vegas who says these courses are ones that should do you well:

* TPC Summerlin
* TPC Las Vegas
* Bear's Best
* Las Vegas Paiute Golf Resort

I'm not sure of the price points, but those are the one's he's recommend to visitors who want to remember their round (or two) of golf in Vegas.
[Reply]
scho63 10:41 AM 08-25-2017
Originally Posted by GloryDayz:
I've got an employee in Vegas who says these courses are ones that should do you well:

* TPC Summerlin
* TPC Las Vegas
* Bear's Best
* Las Vegas Paiute Golf Resort

I'm not sure of the price points, but those are the one's he's recommend to visitors who want to remember their round (or two) of golf in Vegas.
TPC Summerlin is PRIVATE. I just posted that in the thread above. He cannot play.
[Reply]
Page 113 of 136
« First < 1363103109110111112113 114115116117123 > Last »
Up