ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 112 of 379
« First < 1262102108109110111112 113114115116122162212 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Let's talk about the 49ers (Super Bowl Edition)
TLO 07:03 PM 01-19-2020
Well Chiefs vs Packers is what I had hoped for, but that's not happening.

Let's talk about Chiefs vs 49ers here.
[Reply]
kcclone 10:17 AM 01-22-2020
From listening to the talking heads, we basically have no shot against this 49er front 4.
[Reply]
Dunerdr 10:19 AM 01-22-2020
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
I really think the key to the defensive resurgence has been the d-line rotation.

Every week I see lower percentage of snaps than I'd think on Pennel, Jones, Suggs, etc.

With our fast break offense, you've got to rotate those big boys and keep 'em fresh. We're deep enough to not have a huge drop off to Nnadi, Saunders, and Kpass now too. Nice.
imagine if we have a healthy ogbah and okafor..
[Reply]
The Franchise 10:24 AM 01-22-2020
So they’ve hit the usual bullshit talking points...

1. The 49ers run game is too much for our defense.
2. Our defense isn’t good enough.
3. The 49ers defensive line is the greatest there ever was.

And now I bring you......

Jimmy G is good enough because he’s got four 4th quarter comebacks this season.

But we won’t mention that it was against Pittsburgh, Arizona, New Orleans and the Rams.

Three of those teams fucking suck and the other one let Kirk Cousins tear them apart.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 10:25 AM 01-22-2020
KC’s OL is criminally underrated in pass protection.
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 10:26 AM 01-22-2020
Fun fact... San Francisco's playoff path to the Super Bowl included wins over teams the Chiefs beat (Minnesota) or almost beat (Green Bay) with Matt Moore at QB.
[Reply]
The Franchise 10:30 AM 01-22-2020
Aaron Jones was finding decent lanes against that 49ers defense. I could see Williams finding those same lanes in this game.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 10:32 AM 01-22-2020
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
Aaron Jones was finding decent lanes against that 49ers defense. I could see Williams finding those same lanes in this game.
Especially if they’re gonna roll Ford out there more often than usual... I’m sure that’s something that the offensive staff is waiting to adjust to. One way or the other.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 10:32 AM 01-22-2020
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
This is, simply, astounding. And the key to it all is a guy the Patriots cut and KC picked up off the street midseason.

Amazing.

Shades of Keith Traylor.
It also makes you appreciate Brandon Daly. He has been such a huge get for this team.
[Reply]
DRM08 10:33 AM 01-22-2020
I’m surprised Vegas is not favoring the Niners by 7+ points. They are pretty loaded with talent on both sides of the ball and very good coaching. Their fanbase seems pretty arrogant to me. They seem to be expecting a 20-30 point blowout in their favor. Maybe it happens. But I think it will be a pretty competitive game and 50/50 chance on who wins it. If the Niners lose, that is gonna be a hell of a letdown for a huge chunk of their fanbase expecting an easy victory.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 10:34 AM 01-22-2020
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
And I think it's because he knew how well they were playing.

To that point he could sit there and say "man, we just need ONE break..." and be confident that his guys were playing at a level that might actually allow them to get it.

When you're only half thinking a thing is possible and it slips away from you, well you aren't really all that crushed because you weren't convinced it was likely anyway.

But I think Vrabel's watching that game and he's proud as hell of his guys and he's seeing them stay within a haymaker of maybe stealing this thing....

....then it happened. Only the 2nd real mistake his team made all day and it resulted in the 2nd crippling touchdown of the afternoon. At that point he understood that for everything they'd done and for as hard as they'd tried, it just wasn't going to happen. And because he'd had himself convinced that it could, it hurt all the more.
Yup. We beat a damn fine team that day. They played well...just not well enough.

It wasn't even revenge.

It was a reckoning.
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 10:34 AM 01-22-2020
Originally Posted by Frosty:
:-) at the NFC smack. There were maybe three powerhouse teams in the NFC this year. I think they are just trying to make themselves feel better about losing to the ****ing Falcons at home.
NFC we went 3-1 against and we lost the 1 because Mahomes was hurt. 49er trolls are fucking morons.
[Reply]
Johnny43234 10:34 AM 01-22-2020
49ers fan here, just signed up to say congratulations to the Chiefs and their fans, and cheers to a fun, injury free superbowl!

You have a very likable team, especially Mahomes and Coach Reid. I was rooting for you guys last year!

Again, Congrats and here's to a good game.
[Reply]
Deebo19 10:34 AM 01-22-2020
So they’ve hit the usual bullshit talking points...

1. The 49ers run game is too much for our defense.
2. Our defense isn’t good enough.
3. The 49ers defensive line is the greatest there ever was.

And now I bring you......

Jimmy G is good enough because he’s got four 4th quarter comebacks this season.

But we won’t mention that it was against Pittsburgh, Arizona, New Orleans and the Rams.

Three of those teams ****ing suck and the other one let Kirk Cousins tear them apart.
Why are you so angry and dismissive of facts just because they don’t align with your limited view of the NFL?

Moreover, none of these insights change how dominant your team is in your own way?

Pick up a book on stoicism and be happy my friend.
[Reply]
The Franchise 10:35 AM 01-22-2020
Originally Posted by DRM08:
I’m surprised Vegas is not favoring the Niners by 7+ points. They are pretty loaded with talent on both sides of the ball and very good coaching. Their fanbase seems pretty arrogant to me. They seem to be expecting a 20-30 point blowout in their favor. Maybe it happens. But I think it will be a pretty competitive game and 50/50 chance on who wins it. If the Niners lose, that is gonna be a hell of a letdown for a huge chunk of their fanbase expecting an easy victory.
Give it a week and 3/4 of their fan base won’t give a shit that they lost.
[Reply]
Mecca 10:37 AM 01-22-2020
Give it a week and 3/4 of their fan base won’t give a shit that they lost.
https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...chiefs-to-lose

Apparently a lot of people that work in the NFL think the Chiefs are going to blow them away....
[Reply]
Page 112 of 379
« First < 1262102108109110111112 113114115116122162212 > Last »
Up