ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 112 of 130
« First < 1262102108109110111112 113114115116122 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Official 2017 STL Cardinals Thread
BigRedChief 08:06 PM 01-27-2017
My as well get it started. Here's my "Matheny" lineup.....

Fowler CF
Diaz SS
Carpenter 1B
Piscotty RF
Grichuk LF
Molina C
Peralta 3B
Wong 2B
Pitcher

My "Matheny" Starting rotation

Martinez
Reyes
Wainwright
Lynn
Leake
[Reply]
BigRedChief 07:47 PM 12-13-2017
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
The hell we aren't. With Ozuna and Machado, that team can win a championship.

I'd risk it. Machado is going to the HoF and hes just entering his prime. If we don't make the trade, he won't be a Cardinal.

If we do, there's a solid chance he's wearing a redbird cap on his plaque. Gotta be a gambler, Moe. This is big boy baseball.
Wacha, Weaver are gone. Waino is going to be worthless. Reyes ain't starting this year.

After Martinez, Who is going to pitch in the playoffs and WS this year in your scenerio?
[Reply]
jd1020 07:49 PM 12-13-2017
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
Wacha, Weaver are gone. Waino is going to be worthless. Reyes ain't starting this year.

After Martinez, Who is going to pitch in the playoffs and WS this year in your scenerio?
Sign a Darvish/Arrieta and you only need to find 1 more pitcher to fill out the rotation.

Darvish/Arrieta
Martinez
Flaherty
Mikolas
???

You'd probably want to get a decent #3 pitcher to fill out a playoff rotation.
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 08:50 PM 12-13-2017
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:
Dan LeBatard really hit the nail on the head with this ownership group. MLB wanted to gift a franchise to Jeter, who didn't have the money, and now he's part of an ownership group that can't afford the debt service for a team w/ a publicly-funded stadium, so they're having a crackhead garage sale, selling their furniture and electronics for a hit of rock, yet Jeter is paying himself the same salary as Brian ****ing Cashman. The Miami taxpayers get absolutely rat****ed in this deal, and what few Marlins fans there are get their hearts torn out again.

Baseball, Loria, and Jeter pulled a pump-and-dump scheme with a professional sports franchise on a major American city.
MLB fucked up not letting Jorge Mas' group win that bid. A group with actual money. An actual ownership group with money could make Miami a destination franchise. Weather, no income tax, and in routes with the Caribbean and South America - players would want to flock to Miami.
[Reply]
jd1020 08:51 PM 12-13-2017
Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry:
MLB ****ed up not letting Jorge Mas' group win that bid. A group with actual money. An actual ownership group with money could make Miami a destination franchise. Weather, no income tax, and in routes with the Caribbean and South America - players would want to flock to Miami.
Players might want to go there but it wouldn't matter how good they were the team probably needs to be moved, the fan support just isn't there.
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 08:54 PM 12-13-2017
Originally Posted by jd1020:
Players might want to go there but it wouldn't matter how good they were the team probably needs to be moved, the fan support just isn't there.
The fan support isn't there because they have been treated like dog shit. I mean 2000 to 2006 David Glass is a better owner than the clowns they have had.
[Reply]
jd1020 08:57 PM 12-13-2017
It's the same story with the Rays. The baseball market in Florida is shit.
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 08:57 PM 12-13-2017
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
The hell we aren't. With Ozuna and Machado, that team can win a championship.

I'd risk it. Machado is going to the HoF and hes just entering his prime. If we don't make the trade, he won't be a Cardinal.

If we do, there's a solid chance he's wearing a redbird cap on his plaque. Gotta be a gambler, Moe. This is big boy baseball.
Hell you do if you can get a ring. Or you could be an idiot like Dane who thinks the Cueto trade for the Royals was awful - and we gave up scrubs for that.
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 08:58 PM 12-13-2017
It's the same story with the Rays. The baseball market in Florida is shit.
Rays have a dog shit stadium in the wrong part of town.
Marlins have dog shit ownership.
[Reply]
jd1020 09:03 PM 12-13-2017
Bro... Even when the Rays were good and in the playoffs, even the World Series, they couldnt break top 2/3rd in attendance. Put a winning team in a good market and fans will show up.

Look at the fucking Royals. Down there with the Rays and Marlins in attendance. Then 2015 happens... BOOM top 10.
[Reply]
Rams Fan 10:02 PM 12-13-2017
Bro... Even when the Rays were good and in the playoffs, even the World Series, they couldnt break top 2/3rd in attendance. Put a winning team in a good market and fans will show up.

Look at the ****ing Royals. Down there with the Rays and Marlins in attendance. Then 2015 happens... BOOM top 10.
Dude, the Rays stadium is in a legit terrible location and the Trop itself is actual garbage. Make a stadium that isn't dogshit or in a better location and people will go.

Marlins have no fanbase because for the better part of 20 years their ownership has been cheap-from Wayne H. to Loria to now- and they haven't made the playoffs since '03.

That's like complaining about attendance in St. Louis for the NFL or the Sonics in Seattle.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:11 PM 12-13-2017
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:

Reyes will start in/around August in that scenario. Flaherty would obviously move up a bit as well. Your pre-season rotation is probably Martinez, Reyes, Mikolas and Flaherty. Maybe Lyons. Maybe Waino has one more season in the tank.

How often do HoF talents become available in their mid-20s. And you'd just say 'fuck it' for a 6 inning pitcher and a string bean? C'mon - that's a no-brainer.

Get the superstar just entering his prime and figure out how to fill around him from there .
[Reply]
jd1020 10:13 PM 12-13-2017
Originally Posted by Rams Fan:
Dude, the Rays stadium is in a legit terrible location and the Trop itself is actual garbage. Make a stadium that isn't dogshit or in a better location and people will go.
Ya ya. Stadium is bad in a bad location. I give you US Cellular Field, home of the Chicago White Sox. Straight up garbage stadium that looks out into the fucking housing projects. They still managed top 10 attendance in baseball the year following their WS.
[Reply]
Frazod 10:16 PM 12-13-2017
Ya ya. Stadium is bad in a bad location. I give you US Cellular Field, home of the Chicago White Sox. Straight up garbage stadium that looks out into the fucking housing projects. They still managed top 10 attendance in baseball the year following their WS.
At least now that they've torn down Robert Taylor the gangbangers aren't taking pot shots into the upper deck anymore. :-)
[Reply]
BigRedChief 10:34 PM 12-13-2017
Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry:
Rays have a dog shit stadium in the wrong part of town.
excuse me? The Stadium is in a different city, not Tampa. Tampa is the wrong part of town. St. Pete is the cool kids, Tampa is the old Geezers. I live 5 minutes from the Stadium. Wrong part of town? My backyard.
Attached: IMG_8589.JPG (209.1 KB) 
[Reply]
jd1020 11:12 PM 12-13-2017

Sources: A’s are in agreement on a trade to acquire Stephen Piscotty. Two minors leaguers go to cards in deal.

— Jon Heyman (@JonHeyman) December 14, 2017

In before they get a return better than Alcantara.
[Reply]
Page 112 of 130
« First < 1262102108109110111112 113114115116122 > Last »
Up