ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 11 of 22
« First < 7891011 1213141521 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Damien Williams: is it time for a change?
dlphg9 09:54 PM 10-18-2019
I know the title is my own question, but I'm going to answer my own question. This guy has very clearly shown that last year was an absolute fluke. He can't do anything worth a shit and if Veach wouldn't have given him a stupid ass extension, then he'd be off this team. In what universe do you keep giving the ball to a guy that has 41 rushes for 70 yards and 1.7 ypc. This last game was absolute dog shit 11 total touches for 6 ****ing yards. Are you kidding me? He shouldn't touch the ball again.

Bad is an understatement. He's horrendous. Literally the absolute worst back in the league. There are 43 qualified players and he ranks 43rd in ypc. He's at 1.7 ypc and no one else is under 3.0 ypc. The distance between him and the 42nd rank player, Le'Veon Bell, is 1.3 ypc. The distance between Le'Veon Bell and the 20th ranked player, Chris Carson, is 1.3 ypc.

This is definitely something that needs brought up more. That's gotta be some kind of record for worst ever. We are seeing history boys. The absolute worst RB performance in the history of the game or close. I took off the hide non qualifiers filter and it looks even worse. He's 192 out of 227. There are only 5 other players with 10+ carries that average less ypc, it's pretty much a Who's Who of most electric runners in the league.

#194 Kalen Ballage - 22 car/36 yards/1.6 ypc/13 carries since being demoted from being a starter 3 games ago

#198 Joe Flacco - 11 car/11 yards/1.0 ypc/He's a statue of a QB. **** id hope Williams would have more ypc than this bum. Spoiler alert - all the rest of this list is the same. Statue QBs.

#208 Jared Goff
#210 Jimmy G.
#213 Tom Brady

Did some more research and going all the way back to 1999, so 20 other years, and the lowest ypc for qualified runners is 2.5 ypc in 1999. The average of all the lowest ypc is 2.9. I can't believe how bad that he has been. There is no way anyone can even try to defend him. He's the king of shit fest running backs and for Reid to continue to allow him to play is egregious.
[Reply]
DTVietnam 11:35 PM 10-29-2019
Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE!:
That mother****er holding the ball like he always does. With one hand away from his body. Someone should be like Charles Billingsley in Friday night lights and use that duct tape
yep its barely forgivable in open field if youre a CB but a running back running through the line like that is just plain dumb
[Reply]
WhiteWhale 11:53 PM 10-29-2019
Wanting a RB who gets 2 yards a carry over a guy who somtimes fumbles but produces is like saying Alex Smith is better than Brett Favre.

Nothing else. Just marinate about it.

If you wanted an RB that made plays and never fumbled, well I guess KC should have kept the RB they had rather than appealing to the outrage mob.
[Reply]
lcarus 12:08 AM 10-30-2019
Originally Posted by WhiteWhale:
Wanting a RB who gets 2 yards a carry over a guy who somtimes fumbles but produces is like saying Alex Smith is better than Brett Favre.

If you wanted an RB that made plays and never fumbled, well I guess KC should have kept the RB they had rather than appealing to the outrage mob.
Yeah some of Damien Williams yards per carry is due to circumstance. Plays that got blown up, runs to eat clock, etc. He averaged 5.1 last season on 50 carries, so he's clearly capable. Either he hasn't been fully healthy or the line hasn't been. Not making excuses for him as I'd probably rather have McCoy in there. But McCoy is on thin ice.

And yeah we should've just kept Hunt. But we've been over that so I'll shut up about it.
[Reply]
DTVietnam 12:19 AM 10-30-2019
Originally Posted by WhiteWhale:

Produces??? he hasnt had a 100 yrd game all year. .

he has 2 tds the entire season. . same as damien

he has gotten more opportunities. Damien has been given alot of garbage time runs in which the defense stacks the box
[Reply]
DTVietnam 12:34 AM 10-30-2019
Originally Posted by BossChief:
He’s always held the ball like that. It’s the trade off for having a guy that can give you consistent big plays. He rarely fumbles, but has twice this season and we hate the situations those happened in.

I’d still have McCoy start.
what big plays are you referring too?
[Reply]
BossChief 12:42 AM 10-30-2019
Originally Posted by DTVietnam:
what big plays are you referring too?
I’m sorry they don’t come through as well in Braille.
[Reply]
TEX 06:59 AM 10-30-2019
Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE!:
That mother****er holding the ball like he always does. With one hand away from his body. Someone should be like Charles Billingsley in Friday night lights and use that duct tape
Yep! I KNEW I saw him holding it that way, despite CP telling me that it was tucked away. :-)
[Reply]
Megatron96 01:29 PM 10-30-2019
Damien Williams is not a no.1 RB. Never has been. Look at his career in Miami. In four years he never started, except for four games in his last year with the team. He had about 130 snaps, and never averaged more than 3.9 yards/carry in any season. His average in MIA was about 3.5 yards/carry. As a RB he lacks vision, as we can see below:
https://twitter.com/i/status/1189544997063987201

What he does well is catch the ball. His average reception rate is over 70% when targeted, which for an RB is pretty good.

Last year's 5.1 yards/carry for Damien was a fluke.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 01:53 PM 10-30-2019
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
Damien Williams is not a no.1 RB. Never has been. Look at his career in Miami. In four years he never started, except for four games in his last year with the team. He had about 130 snaps, and never averaged more than 3.9 yards/carry in any season. His average in MIA was about 3.5 yards/carry. As a RB he lacks vision, as we can see below:
https://twitter.com/i/status/1189544997063987201

What he does well is catch the ball. His average reception rate is over 70% when targeted, which for an RB is pretty good.

Last year's 5.1 yards/carry for Damien was a fluke.
Yeah, that's not what Chief Fan was trying to claim.
[Reply]
Megatron96 01:56 PM 10-30-2019
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
Yeah, that's not what Chief Fan was trying to claim.
I wasn't replying to Chief Fan specifically? Who's Chief Fan and what did he say?
[Reply]
58-4ever 01:57 PM 10-30-2019
Honestly, I'd like to see Darrel and Darwin get more reps... but what do I know....

Didn't Darrel have one of the fastest runs for a RB all season?
[Reply]
ThaVirus 03:12 PM 10-30-2019
Originally Posted by DTVietnam:

Damn, that fumble was truly a result of him carrying the football like a fucking asshole.

I can forgive that type of ball security in the open field. He’s not likely to get chased down once he’s sprung free, but running through the hole with the ball away from your body like that?

I don’t give a shit about his track record in the past. This shit is losing us games now. Hold it high and tight or gtfo.
[Reply]
Mama Hip Rockets 02:14 PM 11-03-2019
Bump
[Reply]
BWillie 02:21 PM 11-03-2019
We don't have an above avg RB on the roster, unless Darwin is one. Haven't seen him enough to know. Damien just has the most straight away speed than any RB. He's bad at seeing holes though, but he is okay in the pass game. One play doesn't make him the best option, though. It really doesn't matter who we use I don't think. The other options aren't any better or worst than the other. Using any of our 4 RBs probably doesn't really matter at all.
[Reply]
Easy 6 02:21 PM 11-03-2019
Yeah man this guy fucking SUCKS :-)
[Reply]
Page 11 of 22
« First < 7891011 1213141521 > Last »
Up