ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 11 of 13
« First < 7891011 1213 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Let’s talk about ways to get this team back on the Super Bowl track tonight
pugsnotdrugs19 08:46 AM 04-26-2019
First off, I’m operating under the assumption that we’ve seen Tyreek Hill play his final snap in KC as of right now. And barring unforeseen news to come, that is how it needs to be. If you choose to believe otherwise, that’s your call. But for the sake of being realistic, Hill is a goner.

I won’t understate that blow. He’s been the most explosive playmaker in the NFL for 2-3 years now. He changes the game unlike anyone else. He will not be replaced.

But that doesn’t mean that this team can’t find other ways to get back on track. So here is what I am looking at heading into Friday night:

1. Mahomes means we’re still in a good spot

Let us not forget that Patrick looked ****ing awesome in his first start in Denver with nothing but backups around him. He basically got Albert Wilson a 50% raise that day, I would say. Things will get tougher for him and the offense now, but he can still carry us to being a top 10 offense at minimum. We still have some star playmakers on the roster and an above average offensive line. Now onto the draft....

2. Lots of good, athletic receivers left

Here is a list of some of the best WR prospects remaining along with their 40-yard dash times to the right. I think Andy will want to add a field stretching WR to this roster in order to best match up with Mahomes, so speed is very important:

- Parris Campbell (4.31)
- Andy Isabella (4.31)
- Mecole Hardman (4.33)
- D.K. Metcalf (4.33)
- Terry McClaurin (4.35)
- Emmanuel Hall (4.39)
- Darius Slayton (4.39)
- Myles Boykin (4.42 and some FREAKY agility times as well)
- Hakeem Butler (4.48)
- Deebo Samuel (4.48 and just a stud in general)
- A.J. Brown (4.49, stud player like Samuel)

Point being, there are some really athletic players left at WR who, while not close to Hill, could still come in day one and present a vertical threat for Mahomes and Andy to work with.

3. Lots of good corners and safeties remain as well

Another huge need that has some depth here on day two... here are some solid players available:

- Byron Murphy
- Greedy Williams
- Amani Oruwariye
- Rock Ya-Sin
- Joejuan Williams
- Sean Bunting
- Justin Layne
- Julian Love
- Trayvon Mullen
- Lonnie Johnson Jr.
- Nasir Adderley
- Chauncey Gardner-Johnson
- Taylor Rapp
- Juan Thornhill

And even a few more who could make an impact potentially from day one. If the Chiefs want to build up the defense even more to take pressure off of the offense this year, options remain...

4. Possible established trade targets?

I doubt it happens but we’ve still got possible veteran fixes out there such as Patrick Peterson or A.J. Green... not sure if their teams would trade them right now, but its possible... and even if not, they may do so during the summer.

So tonight, the Chiefs should have a great chance to stock up on talent that can help immediately in 2019. They could go WR/CB/TE straight up, they could take two WRs even to hedge their bets there with a DB or TE later, or they could use picks to go get an established veteran today... who really knows.

This team isn’t dead yet, though. Let’s see where things are later. Even with Hill on his way out, Kansas City can reset and contend with the right moves, IMO.
[Reply]
ToxSocks 02:13 PM 04-26-2019
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
Get two WRs tonight. One TE. Trade for Patrick Peterson. Win the Super Bowl.
Im in. Where do i sign?
[Reply]
Megatron96 02:18 PM 04-26-2019
Looking at the current roster of WRs, bottom line, we have to draft a WR that can take the top off the defense. I like Metcalf but I doubt he'll be available by the time we pick.

If there any fast WRs with decent hands by the time we pick, we should take him, period.

Metcalf, IMO, would be ideal because although he lacks explosion, his size, verticality, and athleticism make him a match-up nightmare in the redzone, where separation is less of an issue. And while he is very raw and doesn't have good fundamentals w/route running (his footwork is just not good), I believe he could be taught, and Ried would be the best teacher he could have in all respects.

Ried would just have to get PM to orchestrate drives into the opponents' redzone consistently, instead of scoring from our own 14-yard line. This I think would be the most difficult aspect of the whole thing. Pat loves firing rockets 50+ yards downfield, and hasn't really gotten comfortable (though he has been wildly successful anyway) inside the 15 yet. Yet. But I think he'll be better this year.
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 02:21 PM 04-26-2019
Lance Zierlein has has taking the following two players in the second

Trayvon Mullen
Oshane Ximines
[Reply]
Iconic 02:21 PM 04-26-2019
I'm sorry but drafting two WR's in day 2 would be an extremely egregious use of resources. Throwing more bodies at the problem isn't taking us to the SB. You simply need to identify the right guy as there's already too many needs and not enough picks to fill them currently.

Tonight is where Veach needs to earn his keep.
[Reply]
Reerun_KC 02:21 PM 04-26-2019
Change in ownership
[Reply]
Kiimo 02:23 PM 04-26-2019
Change in fanship
[Reply]
The Franchise 02:27 PM 04-26-2019
Evan Silva from Rotoworld has us drafting Parris Campbell and Hakeem Butler in the 2nd round.
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 02:30 PM 04-26-2019
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
Evan Silva from Rotoworld has us drafting Parris Campbell and Hakeem Butler in the 2nd round.
I am hard now
[Reply]
Iconic 02:31 PM 04-26-2019
Jesus. I don't feel like drafting two is the way to go but I'm not going to deny that would be ****ing insane.
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 02:35 PM 04-26-2019
After listening to Frank Clark’s press conference I actually feel like Veach is the one making the moves not Reid
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 03:14 PM 04-26-2019
Originally Posted by Iconic:
Jesus. I don't feel like drafting two is the way to go but I'm not going to deny that would be ****ing insane.
You gotta think of it this way man. Both probably could start at this point. And if Watkins gets hurt for any period of time, which seems likely, we will need that extra depth badly.

It’s entirely possible that two WRs are at the top of their draft board when they pick due to the depth at that position right now, filled with day 2 level players.

With Watkins possibly on his way out next spring, two picks tonight sets you up to take that blow if necessary. But they may keep him now that Reek is gone, idk.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 03:14 PM 04-26-2019
So what should they do, not pick up anyone?

They’re not finding another Tyreek. But that doesn’t mean you just stop adding receivers. There is depth there right now. They would be stupid if they didn’t take at least one wide out.
Take ONE guy, the very best you can find, whose known specialty is intermediate to long routes and hope for the best.

No, he won't be Hill, he won't even be 1st round talent, but it will have to work. We have the short yardage personnel and game covered. What Hill gave us was the ability to go deep and succeed in doing so. And if we can't get that option back in to the play book, then we've lost a MAJOR component to our passing game.

We DO NOT want to limit ourselves to short field passing games and shoot-outs. If we do, we will not have the same success.
[Reply]
Iconic 03:17 PM 04-26-2019
You gotta think of it this way man. Both probably could start at this point. And if Watkins gets hurt for any period of time, which seems likely, we will need that extra depth badly.

It’s entirely possible that two WRs are at the top of their draft board when they pick due to the depth at that position right now, filled with day 2 level players.

With Watkins possibly on his way out next spring, two picks tonight sets you up to take that blow if necessary. But they may keep him now that Reek is gone, idk.
I think I'd be okay with it so long as they don't reach on a WR. If two guys with talent like Butler and Parris are actually there for both picks I wouldn't be mad. I just don't think it's going to play out that way but **** if I know. No one thought Tytus would go round one and look what happened :-)
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 03:18 PM 04-26-2019
Watkins has always felt like a half assed consolation prize. I hope he DOES walk next spring and we replace him with someone tougher and more talented.
[Reply]
Kiimo 03:20 PM 04-26-2019
Or his foot situation finally works itself out, crazier things have happened.
[Reply]
Page 11 of 13
« First < 7891011 1213 >
Up