ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 11 of 14
« First < 7891011 121314 >
Media Center>Thor: Ragnarok
The Franchise 11:56 AM 11-07-2017
Did I miss where Starlord lost his powers at the end of the movie?
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 11:59 AM 11-07-2017
Originally Posted by Pestilence:
Did I miss where Starlord lost his powers at the end of the movie?
I presumed he did; Ego said that as long as the planet was around, he'd have those powers.

There was no demonstration that they were/were not gone, but the implication seemed pretty clear that he was sacrificing his 'godlike' status to save untold numbers of lives.
[Reply]
The Franchise 12:04 PM 11-07-2017
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
I presumed he did; Ego said that as long as the planet was around, he'd have those powers.

There was no demonstration that they were/were not gone, but the implication seemed pretty clear that he was sacrificing his 'godlike' status to save untold numbers of lives.
Gotcha. Missed it then.
[Reply]
Bowser 12:19 PM 11-07-2017
Here's a (very) minor nitpick about the story for me -

Thor said he went on a search for the Infinity Stones and couldn't find any, but when he's face to face with Dr. Strange he couldn't recognize the Time Gem inside the Eye of Aggamotto? Hogwash I say!

And I was hoping to find out that Heimdall was in possession of the Soul Gem, which allows him to see anyone anywhere. I guess that would have been a dent in the storyline if so - he could have gone toe to toe with Hela if he had it, if not just blow her away.

/nerd
[Reply]
mnchiefsguy 02:04 PM 11-07-2017
Originally Posted by Bowser:
Here's a (very) minor nitpick about the story for me -

Thor said he went on a search for the Infinity Stones and couldn't find any, but when he's face to face with Dr. Strange he couldn't recognize the Time Gem inside the Eye of Aggamotto? Hogwash I say!

And I was hoping to find out that Heimdall was in possession of the Soul Gem, which allows him to see anyone anywhere. I guess that would have been a dent in the storyline if so - he could have gone toe to toe with Hela if he had it, if not just blow her away.

/nerd
Nitpick about your nitpick....Thor says he went on that search before he meets Dr. Strange. He still did not recognize the stone though, but Dr. Strange did keep him moving :-)
[Reply]
ThaVirus 02:20 PM 11-07-2017
Originally Posted by Bowser:

I kind of prefer Heimdall to just be another Asgardian with special powers. He’s a badass in his own right.
[Reply]
BigRichard 01:37 PM 11-07-2017
Spoiler!

I have a feeling that even though they said he(Starlord) will lose his powers he will still have most if not all.
[Reply]
Valiant 07:35 PM 11-09-2017
Originally Posted by BigRichard:
Spoiler!

I have a feeling that even though they said he(Starlord) will lose his powers he will still have most if not all.
Thanos ship looked like that I thought. Loki should have 2 gems.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 07:27 PM 11-10-2017
Liked it a shit ton. The use of Immigrant Song was perfect
[Reply]
mikeyis4dcats. 09:17 AM 11-13-2017
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
Liked it a shit ton. The use of Immigrant Song was perfect
I read they didn't even get the clearance to use it until the movie was pretty much finished.
[Reply]
Buehler445 01:10 AM 11-11-2017
Really enjoyed it.
[Reply]
The Franchise 01:41 PM 11-12-2017
Honestly belongs in the top tier of the Marvel movies. It was that good.
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 07:42 PM 11-12-2017
Just got home from it (well after stopping for a couple margaritas...) I really liked it, although the humor seemed to be turnt the fuck up. On a positive note, my woman loves Chris Hemsworth, so should be getting some good nana tonight because of Thor and 3D and all... I'm not a big comic book guy, so can someone explain the credit scene to me? Who does the big spaceship belong to? GOTG?
[Reply]
RobBlake 08:09 PM 11-12-2017
Originally Posted by Coochie liquor:
Just got home from it (well after stopping for a couple margaritas...) I really liked it, although the humor seemed to be turnt the **** up. On a positive note, my woman loves Chris Hemsworth, so should be getting some good nana tonight because of Thor and 3D and all... I'm not a big comic book guy, so can someone explain the credit scene to me? Who does the big spaceship belong to? GOTG?
Sounds like its thannos (the epic bad guy that will probably kill some avengers in infinity wars)
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 08:27 PM 11-12-2017
Originally Posted by RobBlake:
Sounds like its thannos (the epic bad guy that will probably kill some avengers in infinity wars)
Aaahhh. Makes sense. My memory is really bad, prob should have known that since I've seen pretty much all the movies. Not sure if I mentioned this, but my memory is bad too....
[Reply]
Page 11 of 14
« First < 7891011 121314 >
Up