ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 11 of 43
« First < 7891011 1213141521 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Lucas Niang Thread*****
BossChief 11:02 PM 11-21-2020
If not for the injury, Niang might have been a first rounder. Allowed no sacks in 3 years.

He’s going to be the long term starter at RT and be one of the better ones if his hip is fully healed by next year, which it should. He had surgery a year ago.
[Reply]
gonefishin53 11:27 AM 11-22-2020
Lucas will be a 22 year old rookie at the start of the next training camp with 4 years to play on a very reasonable Chief's contract. A lot of drama queens in here.
[Reply]
Dunerdr 12:27 PM 02-19-2021
KEEP FUCKING DOUBTING LUCAS NIANG
[Reply]
BossChief 12:29 PM 02-19-2021
Damn. I thought there was new info when this thread was bumped.
[Reply]
Dunerdr 12:33 PM 02-19-2021
Originally Posted by BossChief:
Damn. I thought there was new info when this thread was bumped.
Sorry ive just been going over his tape, twitter and old reports. Still high on this pick, even thought the boomers want to shit on him for political reasons, the haters want to shit on him even though he cleared the chiefs medical criteria and half the board thinks he is a guard.
[Reply]
htismaqe 12:48 PM 02-19-2021
Originally Posted by Dunerdr:
Sorry ive just been going over his tape, twitter and old reports. Still high on this pick, even thought the boomers want to shit on him for political reasons, the haters want to shit on him even though he cleared the chiefs medical criteria and half the board thinks he is a guard.
To be fair, Veach said he would be guard before last season. That's probably all changed now of course but that sentiment started with the Chiefs, not here.
[Reply]
Dunerdr 01:24 PM 02-19-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
To be fair, Veach said he would be guard before last season. That's probably all changed now of course but that sentiment started with the Chiefs, not here.
Right but he didn't pigeonhole him as only a guard like half the board wants to pretend. I think the guard idea was just an attempt to get their best 5 guys on the field.

“Coach (Andy) Heck does a great job of letting the guys work in at guard with the ones and twos and tackles a little bit with the threes,” said Veach. “I think that’s kind of what you’d see, you’d see him with the earlier groups at guard and then as the younger guy taking more reps with the second or third team as tackle just have him bounce in and out. You do hope you can get to training camp on time because you kind of need that onfield work for the young guys like this, but I certainly think he can get thrown right in the mix there at guard.”
[Reply]
htismaqe 01:31 PM 02-19-2021
Originally Posted by Dunerdr:
Right but he didn't pigeonhole him as only a guard like half the board wants to pretend. I think the guard idea was just an attempt to get their best 5 guys on the field.

“Coach (Andy) Heck does a great job of letting the guys work in at guard with the ones and twos and tackles a little bit with the threes,” said Veach. “I think that’s kind of what you’d see, you’d see him with the earlier groups at guard and then as the younger guy taking more reps with the second or third team as tackle just have him bounce in and out. You do hope you can get to training camp on time because you kind of need that onfield work for the young guys like this, but I certainly think he can get thrown right in the mix there at guard.”
Yeah, I know what he said.

I'm not sure where "half" the board thinks he's a guard and only a guard. I've seen most people pencil him in at RT, to be honest.
[Reply]
RedinTexas 12:51 PM 02-19-2021
Let's hope he worked out in his year off. I'd hate for him to come in fat and out of shape like Speaks did.
[Reply]
htismaqe 12:56 PM 02-19-2021
Originally Posted by RedinTexas:
Let's hope he worked out in his year off. I'd hate for him to come in fat and out of shape like Speaks did.
Speaks worked out last offseason and shed a bunch of weight. It just turns out he wasn't a good football player.

You won't have to worry about Niang.
[Reply]
staylor26 01:04 PM 02-19-2021
He’s been working out with this guy in case anybody missed it:

The @BxMovement Ep 5: Past the Point of Contact w/ @kbniang8 and @BrettYarrisPFN | #ChiefsKingdom https://t.co/7c8VmlDaze

— Pro Football Network (@PFN365) December 10, 2020

[Reply]
The Franchise 01:44 PM 02-19-2021
Veach said they would try him on the inside because we already had our tackles and he wasn’t beating out those guys.

Now both tackles are question spots.
[Reply]
htismaqe 01:56 PM 02-19-2021
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
Veach said they would try him on the inside because we already had our tackles and he wasn’t beating out those guys.

Now both tackles are question spots.
Right.

Which is why I don't think it's fair to say "half the board" thought he was a guard.

We was going to start at guard because of circumstances, not fit or talent.
[Reply]
Dunerdr 02:03 PM 02-19-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Right.

Which is why I don't think it's fair to say "half the board" thought he was a guard.

We was going to start at guard because of circumstances, not fit or talent.
Maybe "Half the board" was a little dramatic. But he does not get respect as a quality tackle prospect by many. And many more write him off because of the hip, as if the Chiefs didnt clear him pre draft, and have him in the facility working out. Other than him not playing last year i feel like were lucky to have him have gotten him where we did.
[Reply]
staylor26 02:06 PM 02-19-2021
The only reason there was talk of Niang playing G is to get your “best 5” on the OL.

He’s absolutely a T long term, and always was.
[Reply]
Page 11 of 43
« First < 7891011 1213141521 > Last »
Up