ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 11 of 14
« First < 7891011 121314 >
Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum>Alpha WR's
JPH83 02:38 AM 03-03-2024
Originally Posted by wannaGOback:
Mitchell’s speed is just as crazy if not more so with his weight. If they don’t draft either in the first it’s a massive mistake.
Oh I agree, he's my preference. I think he has the greater potential. I slightly disagree with crow as I think Mitchell goes before Worthy. 4.35 is plenty fast enough to take thr top off if that's what teams want, and there's less bust potential it seems.

Franklin is now the interesting one for me. Obviously the 40 was disappointing but he's 6" 3 and 4.41 isn't slow. Still a great YAC guy, young. Trying to work out how I'd feel about him at 32 if the others are gone.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 12:15 PM 03-03-2024
Originally Posted by wannaGOback:
Mitchell’s speed is just as crazy if not more so with his weight. If they don’t draft either in the first it’s a massive mistake.
Hey look! Mahomes Magic has a mult account!
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 12:20 PM 03-03-2024

This is wild to see Adonai Mitchell compared to guys like Julio Jones running the 40-yard dash. pic.twitter.com/hsQQT05tDd

— Hook'em Headlines (@HookemHeadlines) March 2, 2024

I wish I wasn't so slowwwwwwww...

:-)
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 10:31 AM 03-04-2024
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic:

I wish I wasn't so slowwwwwwww...

I like Mitchell, and have liked him (I think he was my first pick in the first offseason exercise I ran, or maybe in the second). I don't like him as much as you.

But still... I don't think 4.35 shows up very often on the field. The long TD down the middle against Texas where he has to track the ball over a shoulder is the only one highlight that really shows off that type of speed.

Better to have it in the tank than not have it, of course. And I know he did the interview where he talked about running routes at 80 percent or whatever to stay fresh all game. But I do think he'll have to give closer to max effort on all his routes in the NFL to be effective at that level.
[Reply]
ChiefsFanatic 02:26 AM 03-03-2024
Originally Posted by JPH83:
I prefer Mitchell to Worthy but that speed...is insane. He could obviously break but I'd trust Reid to put him in situations he can succeed. Man this is a great year to need a WR
I have been suggesting people watch the career highlights for Worthy, because you can see his progression from his freshman year, and it also shows how tough he has is.

Also, I suggest the Georgia highlights for Mitchell. He looked more dynamic with the Bulldogs, but they do have probably one of the best staffs right now. Texas? Still building, maybe, but not at the Georgia Bulldog level.

Before today I would have been fine with Mitchell at 32 (as long as Thomas and Franklin weren't available) but now I know he will most likely be gone.
[Reply]
JPH83 02:42 AM 03-03-2024
Originally Posted by ChiefsFanatic:
I have been suggesting people watch the career highlights for Worthy, because you can see his progression from his freshman year, and it also shows how tough he has is.

Also, I suggest the Georgia highlights for Mitchell. He looked more dynamic with the Bulldogs, but they do have probably one of the best staffs right now. Texas? Still building, maybe, but not at the Georgia Bulldog level.

Before today I would have been fine with Mitchell at 32 (as long as Thomas and Franklin weren't available) but now I know he will most likely be gone.
Yeah pre combine I had it as Franklin, Mitchell, Worthy , with Mitchell closing the gap. I figured if the 40s were similar I MIGHT prefer Mitchell because his route running is a step above for savvy. Now I'm fully onboard for Mitchell. Probably, marginally, I'd go for Worthy over Franklin now.
[Reply]
ChiefsFanatic 04:24 AM 03-04-2024
Originally Posted by JPH83:
Yeah pre combine I had it as Franklin, Mitchell, Worthy , with Mitchell closing the gap. I figured if the 40s were similar I MIGHT prefer Mitchell because his route running is a step above for savvy. Now I'm fully onboard for Mitchell. Probably, marginally, I'd go for Worthy over Franklin now.
Mitchell is a really good route runner, who happens to be huge and very fast. If BTJ or Mitchell are anywhere close to us on draft day, I hope we make a move for one of them. Maybe Mahomes will throw to Mitchell in the off-season, since he went to Texas and may be around there, and like Rice, he will give Veach his seal of approval.
[Reply]
Couch-Potato 12:04 PM 03-03-2024
Congrats to Team Alpha!

I think you might have made a fair case this weekend with Michell and others.
[Reply]
Couch-Potato 12:08 PM 03-03-2024
Team Alpha: Mitchell, Coleman, Legette

Team Speed: Worthy, Franklin, McConkey

?
[Reply]
ToxSocks 10:23 AM 03-04-2024
I wanna be impressed, but he just does not play that fast on the field. He just doesn't.
[Reply]
kcbubb 02:19 PM 03-04-2024
Mitchell and worthy are both gone before we pick and we aren’t trading up for a wr. I just don’t see us investing that much in a wr. If one fell to 32, maybe, but the more reasonable targets are after BTJ, Mitchell and worthy. They are all gone by 32.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 07:20 PM 03-04-2024
Rick Spielman, former NFL GM, said he would pick Adonai over little Worthy for the Chiefs if both were on the board for Kansas City.

He also mentions that Ladd McConkey weighs more and was a better football player than Worthy.
[Reply]
kccrow 09:12 PM 03-04-2024
Rick Spielman, former NFL GM, said he would pick Adonai over little Worthy for the Chiefs if both were on the board for Kansas City.

He also mentions that Ladd McConkey weighs more and was a better football player than Worthy.
That's a good reason to do it in reverse. Spielman was a terrible NFL GM. I could do better from my couch, literally.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 09:14 PM 03-04-2024
Originally Posted by kccrow:
That's a good reason to do it in reverse. Spielman was a terrible NFL GM. I could do better from my couch, literally.

Even if what you said was true, irrelevant. Spielman way more connected with NFL scouts than the analytics guys on Twitter.
[Reply]
kccrow 09:18 PM 03-04-2024

Even if what you said was true, irrelevant. Spielman way more connected with NFL scouts than the analytics guys on Twitter.
I was thinking of the guy that was GM for the Lions that took WRs like 3 1sts in a row... Wrong guy
[Reply]
Page 11 of 14
« First < 7891011 121314 >
Up