ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 11 of 24
« First < 7891011 1213141521 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Houston Astros get hammered for cheating
Mecca 11:19 AM 01-17-2020
Because a new CBA negotiation is coming up in 21 is why they are going very light on players, they know that could cause a massive problem.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 11:36 AM 01-17-2020
Originally Posted by Mecca:
Because a new CBA negotiation is coming up in 21 is why they are going very light on players, they know that could cause a massive problem.
Yup.

They have no interest in going to war in advance of the CBA negotiations and you can bet this will be the elephant in the room for a lot of those conversations.

Manfred is banking capital here and will use it come CBA discussions.
[Reply]
lcarus 11:50 AM 01-17-2020
The Houston Asterixos
[Reply]
DrRyan 11:55 AM 01-17-2020
Damn. This is bad and at this point I think at minimum Altuve has to be suspended for a year. That video is just too damning. I'm someone that was pulling for the Astro's postseason runs since the Royals runs ended. Being a middle infielder when I used to play I always liked Altuve/Correa MI combo.

At this point I don't expect any discipline from MLB towards the players with the upcoming CBA negotiations, but it is hard to see even casual fans not being soured by this scandal.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 01:55 PM 01-17-2020
Is it possible that maybe the best way to beat technology is by using technology? What if pitchers and catchers, but nobody else, were allowed to relay signals. Just as a coach sends plays in to their qb.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 01:57 PM 01-17-2020
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
Is it possible that maybe the best way to beat technology is by using technology? What if pitchers and catchers, but nobody else, were allowed to relay signals. Just as a coach sends plays in to their qb.
I've thought about that for some time. What's the downside (outside of "tradition" or perhaps letting the middle infield know as well)?
[Reply]
mr. tegu 04:22 PM 01-17-2020
https://twitter.com/TphamLV/status/1...574976513?s=20
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 04:36 PM 01-17-2020
Originally Posted by mr. tegu:
https://twitter.com/TphamLV/status/1...574976513?s=20
I suck at ironing; neither the time or patience to do it well.

Every damn shirt I have has a crease like that where it was folded over before I said "ah fuck it" and just ironed the stupid fold in anyway.

Look - I would love nothing more than to see this explode on the Astros, if for no other reason that watching the world burn.

But this is thiiiiiiin gruel.
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 04:23 PM 01-17-2020
MLB says it found no instances of wearing wires. Sure they did.....
[Reply]
Jerm 02:08 PM 02-14-2020
Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE!:
MLB says it found no instances of wearing wires. Sure they did.....
All you need to know....

...not to mention, he immediately heads to clubhouse to change out of his jersey and then comes back out onto the field and gives a bullshit interview to Rosenthal about his actions.

I know I'm super LTTP on all this Astros stuff but I find the buzzer stuff the most intriguing, just had to comment.

Fuck them, fuck Altuve, and fuck Verlander.

I hope Altuve gets hit in every single game this season. Hell Springer too, whoever else.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 02:14 PM 02-14-2020
Originally Posted by Jerm:
All you need to know....

...not to mention, he immediately heads to clubhouse to change out of his jersey and then comes back out onto the field and gives a bullshit interview to Rosenthal about his actions.

I know I'm super LTTP on all this Astros stuff but I find the buzzer stuff the most intriguing, just had to comment.

**** them, **** Altuve, and **** Verlander.

I hope Altuve gets hit in every single game this season. Hell Springer too, whoever else.
If I'm them, I'm wearing extra padding every at bat. They're going to get gunned at a lot. And most teams won't care about the consequences. And if you're the Astros, you're better off just taking it.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 10:11 PM 02-15-2020
Originally Posted by Jerm:
All you need to know....

Fuck them, fuck Altuve, and fuck Verlander.

Wasn’t Verlander bitching about juiced balls giving an unfair advantage to the batter recently too? That’s a lot of nerve.
[Reply]
Jerm 10:46 PM 02-15-2020
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:
Wasn’t Verlander bitching about juiced balls giving an unfair advantage to the batter recently too? That’s a lot of nerve.
He's been bitching about teams and players for years...hilarious to see his hypocrite ass on the other side now.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 07:07 PM 01-17-2020
I’m sure someone else has brought this point up, so I apologize if I’m repetitive.

Haven’t home runs gone through the roof these last few years? I know most think the balls are juiced (and they probably are). I do wonder if there is a connection to sign stealing and increased home run rates league-wide.

Any major leaguer can put the ball out of the park at pretty much any time. If they know what’s coming, it would stand to reason that they would hit more home runs.

I wonder how wide spread this will end up.
[Reply]
Pablo 07:09 PM 01-17-2020
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:
I’m sure someone else has brought this point up, so I apologize if I’m repetitive.

Haven’t home runs gone through the roof these last few years? I know most think the balls are juiced (and they probably are). I do wonder if there is a connection to sign stealing and increased home run rates league-wide.

Any major leaguer can put the ball out of the park at pretty much any time. If they know what’s coming, it would stand to reason that they would hit more home runs.

I wonder how wide spread this will end up.
All over the place. Especially NY and STL, no doubt about it.
[Reply]
Page 11 of 24
« First < 7891011 1213141521 > Last »
Up