ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 11 of 20
« First < 7891011 12131415 > Last »
Media Center>FOX & MacFarlane's The Orville
007 10:21 PM 11-02-2017
Originally Posted by Frazod:
Now that I'm unbanned I can contain the bulk of my political discussion to DC, and I tend to keep my Facebook stuff upbeat, happy and (mostly) non-offensive. I simply unfollow people who can't keep annoying shit to themselves, and hide anything I don't care to see, and generally refrain from venturing outside my little safe zone. There are probably less than a dozen people that I regularly interact with there.

Never did Instagram, and I fucking loathe Twitter.
I feel like I know most of them too.
[Reply]
aturnis 09:07 PM 11-03-2017
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
I’ve chosen to “unplug” from Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.

I actually feel a tangible difference since doing so, as I’m no longer constantly bombarded with opinions that I didn’t request.

And yet CP has decided to go Upvote/Downvote.

Irony at its finest.
FB is a major immoral social engineering experiment.

Just getting rid of it was good enough for me. Don't have that problem with Twitter or Instagram.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
[Reply]
Rain Man 11:01 AM 10-27-2017
Is this show supposed to be a comedy or drama? I watched part of the pilot episode and shut it off because it seemed to be neither. I would've been interested in a comedy, but the pilot wasn't making me chuckle.
[Reply]
Frazod 12:55 PM 10-27-2017
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
Is this show supposed to be a comedy or drama? I watched part of the pilot episode and shut it off because it seemed to be neither. I would've been interested in a comedy, but the pilot wasn't making me chuckle.
I think it's basically Seth McFarlane living out his Captain Kirk fantasy. Sometimes it's funny, sometimes it's serious. I like it, but not as much as I thought I would.
[Reply]
RealSNR 12:58 PM 10-27-2017
I kind of agree. To be honest, have we ever seen a legit sci-fi comedy show?

Red Dwarf. That's the only one I can think of. And of course, that's British, so depending on your tastes, you might not view that as comedy.
[Reply]
Frazod 01:03 PM 10-27-2017
Originally Posted by RealSNR:

Red Dwarf. That's the only one I can think of. And of course, that's British, so depending on your tastes, you might not view that as comedy.

[Reply]
GayFrogs 12:40 AM 10-29-2017
Originally Posted by Frazod:
Or how about a non-corny sci fi comedy...
[Reply]
unlurking 03:03 PM 10-27-2017

Lexx was hilarious.
[Reply]
Miles 07:10 PM 10-28-2017
Originally Posted by unlurking:
Lexx was hilarious.
Those first several movie like episodes I watched way back on cable (maybe Cinemax) before the sci-fi channel show were particularly great. At the time was so weird and amusing.
[Reply]
patteeu 07:53 PM 10-27-2017

Mork and Mindy with Robin Williams and My Favorite Martian with Bill Bixby. Duh. :-)
[Reply]
siberian khatru 07:55 PM 10-27-2017

Quark, from the 1970s, if that counts as "legit."
[Reply]
threebag 10:31 PM 11-02-2017

Red Drawf is/was Awesome.
[Reply]
RealSNR 01:02 PM 11-11-2017
Originally Posted by threebag02:
Red Drawf is/was Awesome.
I want to catch up on the new episodes they've been making. I wonder if they're any good.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 01:03 PM 10-27-2017
its only on its 4th or 5th show but it's getting its legs under it and deciding what type of show works best with Mcfarlands humor within a Star Trek remake.
[Reply]
patteeu 07:58 PM 10-27-2017
Alf, Third Rock from the Sun, the list goes on.
[Reply]
Page 11 of 20
« First < 7891011 12131415 > Last »
Up