Page 108 of 137
« First < 85898104105106107108 109110111112118 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Dorsey gone?
bdj23 02:12 PM 06-22-2017
Per 610.

The ****?
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 03:46 AM 06-26-2017
He also made some good points about his drafting. the Peters and Chris Jones picks were good picks but those guys were identified by our scout team. He gets credit for the Hill pick but if he knew the talent this guy really had he would have picked him in the 1st. Just like Tom Brady being a 5th round pick. Not A brilliant pick but a pick that turned out brilliantly.
[Reply]
Rasputin 03:49 AM 06-26-2017
If our scout team stays intact or promote within that realm then I think "we'll be fine"(Simply Red)
[Reply]
UK_Chief 07:42 AM 06-26-2017
Can't be bothered to read the whole thread but I presume someone has already mentioned the fact that the Chiefs drafted a first round QB for the first time in a billion years and then the GM gets fired right after.

Interesting...
[Reply]
Rasputin 07:47 AM 06-26-2017
Originally Posted by UK_Chief:
Can't be bothered to read the whole thread but I presume someone has already mentioned the fact that the Chiefs drafted a first round QB for the first time in a billion years and then the GM gets fired right after.

Interesting...
But Clark Hunt had to approve of the deal to trade up for him so he isn't going fire himself.
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 08:01 AM 06-26-2017
Originally Posted by UK_Chief:

Interesting...
Not related.
[Reply]
FringeNC 08:26 AM 06-26-2017
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:

Some pretty surprising info in this pod, specifically from Benjamin Allbright (skip to around 31:00 for that interview). One thing that stood out was Allbright claimed that some people within the front office have been upset about the amount of credit Dorsey receives for good players we have acquired. Said that he had much less to do with personnel acquisition than people realized.
Short version: Reid forced Dorsey out over the Maclin release and Berry contract acrimony. Personally, I think Reid thought Dorsey was having a huge negative effect on the locker room. Allbright did also say that Dorsey issues with Hunt are all noise, just trying to protect Reid. In my view, Allbright's arguments are the only that make any bit of sense at all in this whole thing.

I'm not happy about all of this, but I'm not convinced it's going to be a disaster. Andy Reid is an extremely competent guy.
[Reply]
O.city 08:30 AM 06-26-2017
Can someone cliff note what was said in that?
[Reply]
Rausch 08:53 AM 06-26-2017
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
There's a subtle difference there, though. We know that Dorsey is the man when it comes to contract negotiations and trades...
And contracts are something he was not good at.

He didn't gain anything by waiting to sign Houston or Berry and in Houston's case it definitely cost us. Also cuts like Maclin or letting players like Poe or Charles go wouldn't have had to happen without bad contracts like Hali's being signed or Houston's being bungled.

Dorsey had positives and negatives. His picks and signings at the bottom of the roster were solid and saved the team money - his signings of top team talent were questionable and seemed to cost the team money...
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 09:04 AM 06-26-2017
Originally Posted by O.city:
Can someone cliff note what was said in that?
I did in post 1605 & 1606
[Reply]
UK_Chief 09:29 AM 06-26-2017
Originally Posted by Hog Farmer:
Not related.
I know but funny right?
[Reply]
BlackOp 09:43 AM 06-26-2017
Houston is cautionary tale of why you dont invest that much money in a non-QB. It's putting too much resources into a single egg. If it breaks you have nothing...a high risk investment. Justin is an all-world talent but has been a financial bust so far.

KC has gone 11-5 and 12-4 with little impact from him.
[Reply]
Sandy Vagina 09:46 AM 06-26-2017
Originally Posted by BlackOp:
Houston is cautionary tale of why you dont invest that much money in a non-QB. It's putting too much resources into a single egg. If it breaks you have nothing...a high risk investment. Justin is an all-world talent but has been a financial bust so far.

He is an all world talent, and if ever healthy, he's too good at his job to wave goodbye to. There was no way to know he'd end up being a financial bust.. which he has been.. in these recent years.
[Reply]
BlackOp 09:49 AM 06-26-2017
Originally Posted by Sandy Cheeks:
He is an all world talent, and if ever healthy, he's too good at his job to wave goodbye to. There was no way to know he'd end up being a financial bust.. which he has been.. in these recent years.
That was my point..injuries happen. It's a high risk move and KC has been successful without him much like they were still good without Berry.

Are they better with him..yes... but are they $20 million better? That's enough money for 3 good players.

KC was without their top players in 2015 and rolled off 11 straight and won a playoff game. No Charles, Berry or Houston....
[Reply]
Rausch 09:51 AM 06-26-2017
Originally Posted by BlackOp:

Good points.

Also consider that we probably could have had him for about $5 mil less a year had we not waited until his 22 sack season to resign him.

And pass rusher might be the 2nd most important position on the field in the modern NFL.
[Reply]
In58men 09:54 AM 06-26-2017
Two outside names on the radar for #Chiefs GM job, per sources: Scott Fitterer (#Seahawks) and Ryan Cowden (#Titans).
[Reply]
Page 108 of 137
« First < 85898104105106107108 109110111112118 > Last »
Up