ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 108 of 110
« First < 85898104105106107108 109110 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Shooting at the parade
Otter 01:53 PM 02-14-2024

Just like #ChiefsKingdom has always been there for me and my family, we want to be there for them.❤️

The @Chiefs have launched #KCStrong, an emergency response fund supporting victims and their families, violence prevention and mental health services, and first responders.… pic.twitter.com/sYMnPgCWL0

— Patrick Mahomes II (@PatrickMahomes) February 16, 2024

Friendly mod reminder, this thread is about yesterday's shooting. Not about gun control, gun laws, politics, or anything of that nature. If you need everyone to know what's wrong in this world and how you'd fix it, grab your megaphone and soapbox and take it to DC, thanks.
[Reply]
Strongside 11:44 PM 06-14-2024
The current KCMO administration is a fucking joke from top to bottom. The Mayor, the PA, the DA, the county executive, the City council, the Commissioners, all of them.

The Mayor, for one, is more concerned with posting photos of himself with celebrities and DC politicians on social media than he is about actually doing something to better the lives of KCMO citizens. And the self-interest is not restricted to the mayor.

They were in the building and were under lockdown when these shootings happened and are so concerned about personal optics that they’re willing to bend over to make these thug ass criminals look like choir boys who were in the wrong place at the wrong time, just so they don’t have to deal with anything uncomfortable or unbecoming of the city.

Disgusting.
[Reply]
Strongside 06-14-2024, 11:47 PM
This message has been deleted by Strongside.
Titty Meat 11:59 PM 06-14-2024
The kid illegally possessed a weapon and shot it on with a million people in a fucking crowd. They should also charge the mother with neglect and child abuse

"A.M.’s mother and other family members cried and hugged after the ruling, saying they were relieved and happy he’d be heading home.

"My baby deserves to come home so he can show them what type of kid he is,” A.M.’s mother said. “I'm still gonna whup his ass, though."
[Reply]
Strongside 12:16 AM 06-15-2024
Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry:
To quote Tech N9ne, the hood go crazy
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
The kid illegally possessed a weapon and shot it on with a million people in a fucking crowd. They should also charge the mother with neglect and child abuse

"A.M.’s mother and other family members cried and hugged after the ruling, saying they were relieved and happy he’d be heading home.

"My baby deserves to come home so he can show them what type of kid he is,” A.M.’s mother said. “I'm still gonna whup his ass, though."
I will bet any amount of money that kid is incarcerated by age 19.
[Reply]
ChiefsFanatic 12:44 AM 06-15-2024
Originally Posted by Strongside:
The current KCMO administration is a fucking joke from top to bottom. The Mayor, the PA, the DA, the county executive, the City council, the Commissioners, all of them.

The Mayor, for one, is more concerned with posting photos of himself with celebrities and DC politicians on social media than he is about actually doing something to better the lives of KCMO citizens. And the self-interest is not restricted to the mayor.

They were in the building and were under lockdown when these shootings happened and are so concerned about personal optics that they’re willing to bend over to make these thug ass criminals look like choir boys who were in the wrong place at the wrong time, just so they don’t have to deal with anything uncomfortable or unbecoming of the city.

Disgusting.
Q is without a doubt the worst Mayor in my lifetime. He is a joke. He really only wants media coverage and opportunities to be on camera.

The city streets are in the worst shape I can ever remember, and I grew up driving around KC in the 80s, and it was bad then.

The city has a homeless epidemic, and Q's answer was to put flood lights, and other measures to stop homeless from sleeping where people can see them, instead literally of anything else.

And I know I get a lot of crap, but as the Mayor of a city, it's his job to help the city prosper. A new stadium with a dome or roof would do that, but Mayor Q-Rating thinks the city should not get Final Fours or bigger concerts, etc. because he likes outdoor football.

As a fan, that is a valid feeling, as a Mayor, it's absolutely irresponsible.

I cannot stand this dude, and I am a Democrat. I can't wait to see if the next Mayor can fix all the crap that Q ran into the dirt.
[Reply]
Bump 02:00 AM 06-15-2024
The incompetence of our elected officials on full display. 2 of the 3 shooters will stand trial. The 16 year old will not be charged as an adult:

https://www.kcur.org/news/2024-06-13...home-detention

"The 16-year-old, known only as “A.M.” in court documents, claims self defense in the shootings that killed one woman and injured 24 other people. A Jackson County Family Court judge ruled that he will not be tried as an adult."
Incompetence or straight up malice? If they re-offend and hurt someone else, these prosecutors and DA's need to start being charged as accomplices.
[Reply]
Pablo 05:55 AM 06-15-2024
The incompetence of our elected officials on full display. 2 of the 3 shooters will stand trial. The 16 year old will not be charged as an adult:

https://www.kcur.org/news/2024-06-13...home-detention

"The 16-year-old, known only as “A.M.” in court documents, claims self defense in the shootings that killed one woman and injured 24 other people. A Jackson County Family Court judge ruled that he will not be tried as an adult."
Absolutely infuriating.

Like Strongside said; this current iteration of "leadership" in KC and Jackson County is astonishingly bad. But they all play for the same team so they'd all be voted back in tomorrow given the chance.
[Reply]
Pablo 05:59 AM 06-15-2024
Originally Posted by ChiefsFanatic:
Q is without a doubt the worst Mayor in my lifetime. He is a joke. He really only wants media coverage and opportunities to be on camera.

The city streets are in the worst shape I can ever remember, and I grew up driving around KC in the 80s, and it was bad then.

The city has a homeless epidemic, and Q's answer was to put flood lights, and other measures to stop homeless from sleeping where people can see them, instead literally of anything else.

And I know I get a lot of crap, but as the Mayor of a city, it's his job to help the city prosper. A new stadium with a dome or roof would do that, but Mayor Q-Rating thinks the city should not get Final Fours or bigger concerts, etc. because he likes outdoor football.

As a fan, that is a valid feeling, as a Mayor, it's absolutely irresponsible.

I cannot stand this dude, and I am a Democrat. I can't wait to see if the next Mayor can fix all the crap that Q ran into the dirt.
Oh he let all those bums set up camp at city hall for months. Turned it into a trash tent city. It was disgusting. I work downtown and it was an ungodly blemish on the city that turned into a festering sore.

They learned their lesson on that at least, 6 foot iron fencing was installed as soon as they bulldozed the piles of trash and human shit off the lot.
[Reply]
threebag 06:10 AM 06-15-2024
Originally Posted by Strongside:
I will bet any amount of money that kid is incarcerated by age 19.
Thuganomics
[Reply]
kysirsoze 07:33 AM 06-15-2024
Anybody have a reason a 16 year old should be tried as an adult or are we just out for blood?
[Reply]
Titty Meat 07:51 AM 06-15-2024
Originally Posted by kysirsoze:
Anybody have a reason a 16 year old should be tried as an adult or are we just out for blood?
Because even at 16 we all know bringing an illegal weapon to a parade is a bad idea it's an even worse idea when you fucking shoot it into a crowd of innocent people.

You have to be trolling
[Reply]
stevieray 08:04 AM 06-15-2024
:-)
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 08:12 AM 06-15-2024
Anyone have a reason why you have no common sense?
[Reply]
DaFace 08:22 AM 06-15-2024
Because even at 16 we all know bringing an illegal weapon to a parade is a bad idea it's an even worse idea when you fucking shoot it into a crowd of innocent people.

You have to be trolling
I don't have enough information to form an opinion one way or another, but like many things related to the legal system, CP likes to oversimplify decisions like this dramatically. The decision of whether or not to try a child as an adult isn't a matter of opinion (in theory at least) - it's a matter of whether the case meets the circumstances for being tried as an adult laid out in the law.

This particular kid was only charged with unlawful use of a weapon as I understand, which is a Class D felony in Missouri. Class A automatically gets moved to being tried as an adult, but anything less than that depends on other factors, such as prior record, likely future threat to public safety, and chances of rehabilitation.
[Reply]
kysirsoze 08:29 AM 06-15-2024

You have to be trolling
Yeah that's not why kids are tried as adults. Do you have a legitimate reason? Not trolling. Honest question.
[Reply]
Bowser 08:31 AM 06-15-2024
Originally Posted by Pablo:
Oh he let all those bums set up camp at city hall for months. Turned it into a trash tent city. It was disgusting. I work downtown and it was an ungodly blemish on the city that turned into a festering sore.

They learned their lesson on that at least, 6 foot iron fencing was installed as soon as they bulldozed the piles of trash and human shit off the lot.
Wasn't there a machete fight between a couple of bums on City Hall grounds, as well?

Q is more interested in the road that leads him to DC than any real improvement or progress he can drum up for KC. I was in Omaha a couple of weeks ago, and the difference in just the cleanliness of that city from its roads to storefronts and entertainment district as compared to KC is absolutely startling, and embarrassing.

I need to move out of the KC city limits for literally any suburb to get away from pissing money away on the 1% E Tax KC has.
[Reply]
Page 108 of 110
« First < 85898104105106107108 109110 >
Up