ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 105 of 195
« First < 55595101102103104105 106107108109115155 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs trade Tyreek Hill to the Dolphins
Dante84 10:34 AM 03-23-2022
Will update OP with more info.

Here it is: The #Chiefs are trading six-time Pro Bowl WR Tyreek Hill to the #Dolphins, sources tell me and @TomPelissero.

The return is a first-round pick and more, while Hill gets a contract extension that puts him among the highest paid WRs in the NFL.

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) March 23, 2022

Chiefs are trading six-time Pro-Bowl WR Tyreek Hill to the Miami Dolphins for five draft picks: a 2022 1st-round pick (No. 29), a 2nd-round pick (No. 50) and a 4th-round pick, as well as 4th- and 6th-round picks in the 2023 draft, sources tell ESPN.

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) March 23, 2022

[Reply]
kcbubb 08:04 AM 03-24-2022
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
He threatened to sit out.

How would that have played out? The distraction? The void at WR1 while chewing up cap space?
I just don’t buy that he’d sit for any substantial amount of time. He’s got too much of a questionable past that the media has already lied about that wouldn’t be good for him or his value for him to draw that much attention to himself. Who have we seen sit out with ONE YEAR left on their contract? Lev Bell was about to be franchised.
[Reply]
dirk digler 08:04 AM 03-24-2022
Did you seriously just compare trading Tyreek Hill for 5 picks to Derrick Thomas dying?

JFC. Some of you have lost any and all sense of perspective.
Absolutely not. I usually stay mostly unemotional about players leaving because it is a business. But for some reason this one has bothered me. Probably because we drafted, developed him into a HOF/generational player and those guys don’t come around very often and we traded him in his prime. This is like breaking up Rice/Montana in their prime IMVHO.

I will feel way worse though if it were Mahomes.
[Reply]
irafreak 08:05 AM 03-24-2022
Originally Posted by Woogieman:
Most of us have faced the prospects of leaving our hometown, our family, and friends for more money, a better climate, a better career path. Almost all of us have, or have been very tempted to do it. Most of us have the wisdom and hindsight of age (far) beyond his 28, and we also had several X the "earning years" to change course if we were unhappy. Hill has a short amount of time to accumulate a much wealth as possible, and he took the money, like most of us would. It hurts, but it is hard to blame him, and I don't know if I would call him "dumb".
The argument about more money is moot. 21 million a year versus 30...who cares. At that point you could be set if you are smart. How many of us will make 21 million in our lifetimes?

It was about bragging rights and feeling important. These athletes are alpha males and currency or the hall of fame are really the only two things that show how alpha you are. Rings are a team thing.

All of this is fine. It's his call. But I agree with a previous poster that with mahomes, hill had the ability to be remembered as one of the best ever. Now he'll have to settle for the money and being great. His call.
[Reply]
Molitoth 08:08 AM 03-24-2022
I wonder if Tyreek would still put his SB ring on the line against Usain Bolt.

That would be crazy if he did... lost it, and never got another because he went to the Dolphins.
[Reply]
dirk digler 08:11 AM 03-24-2022
One thing we can all be proud of is the culture Reid has built here because if you read the Nate Taylor story in the Athletic they let Hill pick the team and would have taken the Jets deal. So it wasn’t easy for them and they tried to take care of Hill.
[Reply]
ShowtimeSBMVP 08:14 AM 03-24-2022

I’m picking the Chiefs to win the AFC and everyone left the set.

Andy Reid. Patrick Mahomes. Travis Kelce.

They will be just fine. https://t.co/z4OVSliqOj

— Dianna Russini (@diannaESPN) March 24, 2022

[Reply]
TwistedChief 08:16 AM 03-24-2022
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
Absolutely not. I usually stay mostly unemotional about players leaving because it is a business. But for some reason this one has bothered me. Probably because we drafted, developed him into a HOF/generational player and those guys don’t come around very often and we traded him in his prime. This is like breaking up Rice/Montana in their prime IMVHO.

I will feel way worse though if it were Mahomes.
I can appreciate that. I think it's difficult to visualize the Chiefs without Hill because he's become such an important part of the fabric of the team. The guy is legitimately the most exciting player in the entire league and he played on OUR TEAM. It's infinite the number of times I've thought, "Gosh, I'm so happy that guy is on our side."

It feels weird now. But we almost lost him to ignominious circumstances a few years ago. At least we got another 3 years from him, a Super Bowl title, and some real compensation in return.

My advice would be to just wait until the draft. We all have a tendency to massively overrate our picks, and given how many we have this year, we'll have a lot to be excited about and hopeful for.

The sadness around losing Tyreek will fade like anything else.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 08:18 AM 03-24-2022
I can appreciate that. I think it's difficult to visualize the Chiefs without Hill because he's become such an important part of the fabric of the team. The guy is legitimately the most exciting player in the entire league and he played on OUR TEAM. It's infinite the number of times I've thought, "Gosh, I'm so happy that guy is on our side."

It feels weird now. But we almost lost him to ignominious circumstances a few years ago. At least we got another 3 years from him, a Super Bowl title, and some real compensation in return.

My advice would be to just wait until the draft. We all have a tendency to massively overrate our picks, and given how many we have this year, we'll have a lot to be excited about and hopeful for.

As long as we have Mahomes, this is The Way.

May the window be ever open.
[Reply]
suzzer99 08:19 AM 03-24-2022
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
The difference in lifestyle between being the #1 paid WR and the #5 paid WR (what KC was offering) is jack and shit. Mahomes and Kelce both understand this.

Hill chose money and bragging rights over KC.

I hope he never sees a playoff game the rest of his career.

Dumb dumb dumb.
Miami clubs are a bit more fun for a 28-year-old than KCP&L.
[Reply]
crispystl 08:20 AM 03-24-2022
Originally Posted by Coochie liquor:
X Howard has deleted all his IG Dolphins stuff. Maybe we’re trading for him?
Wouldn't we have just packaged it in with the Hill trade?
[Reply]
blake5676 08:20 AM 03-24-2022

Here you are being all reasonable and shit. Making it difficult for us emotional ones to just cry out loud :-)
[Reply]
kcpasco 08:23 AM 03-24-2022
I’m already over it. Let’s grab a FA WR and draft a couple that Reid and Veach like. WBF
[Reply]
KCUnited 08:30 AM 03-24-2022
I remember justifying traveling for the AFCCG with the thought of seeing Mahomes, Hill, and Kelce playing together for championships being finite.

Fuck that game and now here we are. Woof.

Oh well, off to the draft and a newer-ish era of Chiefs football.
[Reply]
louie aguiar 08:31 AM 03-24-2022
Originally Posted by Holladay:
I am sure this has been posted, but WOW!

1st round (29th overall)
1st round (30th overall)
2nd round (50th overall)
2nd round (62nd overall)
3rd round (94th overall)
3rd round (103rd overall)
4th round (121st overall)
4th round (135th overall)
7th round (234th overall)
7th round (244th overall)
7th round (252nd overall)
7th round (260th overall)

I wasn't especially excited about the draft. Now I am stoked.
I’d be surprised if we have all this picks come draft day. Veach will likely swing a trade for a WR before then.
[Reply]
RunKC 08:34 AM 03-24-2022
Man…taking Clyde over Higgins still hurts. We’d still have Higgins, Kelce and Hardman with maybe Juju today. That’s actually not that bad.

Just goes to show how much one pick can mean. Burt will need to remember that next month
[Reply]
Page 105 of 195
« First < 55595101102103104105 106107108109115155 > Last »
Up