ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1040 of 4909
« First < 40540940990103010361037103810391040 104110421043104410501090114015402040 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Broncos news megathread
ROYC75 04:26 PM 08-12-2014
Discussion: All things Broncos.
[Reply]
KranzDictum 08:44 PM 08-28-2017
Originally Posted by Halfcan:
Does Mahomes have a bruised shoulder like Lynch?

Looks like 4 weeks of healing a shoulder is going to drop Lynch down to at least 3rd on the Donks depth chart. :-)

Where do you think they will trade him to at the end of the season?
John said they were going to look at a Vet but they probably won't sign anyone until after the season starts to avoid having to pay the full guaranteed contract. The problem is that that means Sloter is the only QB to play vs the Cards and if he keeps playing as well as he has he won't clear waivers. John wants him to run the PS squad for this year and get experience but they may have to carry him on the 53. Sloter has been a jewel in this PS along with Henderson at RB.

I don't see why they need to move Lynch until either his contract runs out or guys like Sloter or Kelly push him off the roster because they are better QB's.

I think we are going to be fine with Siemian this year behind this OL and an improved run game with CJ back and guys like Henderson and Charles contributing.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 08:49 PM 08-28-2017
Originally Posted by KranzDictum:
He had a clean game vs GB and was dominant run blocking. The whole Broncos OL was above avg run blocking wise. Garcia is still the weak link but Watson looked very good, I saw everyone getting to the 2nd level and they broke a 19 yard TD run by CJ.

Sure he is going to have rookie moments but already he is better than anything we have had a LT since Clady.
That OL IS pure dogshit. You have NO idea what you are looking at. JFC you are clueless.
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 08:55 PM 08-28-2017
Originally Posted by Pasta Giant Meatball:
That OL IS pure dogshit. You have NO idea what you are looking at. JFC you are clueless.
Totally... PGM knows a guy that buys blow from a guy that bangs the janitors wife at the practice facility or somesuch.
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 11:19 AM 08-29-2017
Rumor is the Broncos are listening to offers about trading TJ Ward... not really a fan of that, but we shall see. Maybe they trade and retructure Haden and then flip TJ for something. I dunno.
[Reply]
jjchieffan 11:23 AM 08-29-2017
Originally Posted by Mile High Mania:
Rumor is the Broncos are listening to offers about trading TJ Ward... not really a fan of that, but we shall see. Maybe they trade and retructure Haden and then flip TJ for something. I dunno.
Why would they do that? They haven't got anyone behind him that's good enough to take his spot do they?
[Reply]
staylor26 11:26 AM 08-29-2017
Originally Posted by jjchieffan:
Why would they do that? They haven't got anyone behind him that's good enough to take his spot do they?
Justin Simmons is one of the few under 25 players they have that looks like a future stud.
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 12:18 PM 08-29-2017
They have Simmons and Parks... my guess is they would only do this for something nice in return, like a player maybe... possibly a decent pick next year.

Ward is 30 with a $5.7M cap hit... it's not like he's old and a boat anchor on the cap, so my guess is teams called and they're listening. Nothing of interest comes their way and they'll stay put.
[Reply]
jjchieffan 12:33 PM 08-29-2017
Originally Posted by Mile High Mania:
They have Simmons and Parks... my guess is they would only do this for something nice in return, like a player maybe... possibly a decent pick next year.

Ward is 30 with a $5.7M cap hit... it's not like he's old and a boat anchor on the cap, so my guess is teams called and they're listening. Nothing of interest comes their way and they'll stay put.
Yeah. They are probably trying to package Ward and Lynch for someone's backup quarterback so that they can have a real quarterback on the roster. I bet that KC would give then Bray. that would be an upgrade for the Donks. Ward would be a nice addition for KC, and we could have a new project 3rd string quarterback.
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 12:56 PM 08-29-2017
Yeah. They are probably trying to package Ward and Lynch for someone's backup quarterback so that they can have a real quarterback on the roster. I bet that KC would give then Bray. that would be an upgrade for the Donks. Ward would be a nice addition for KC, and we could have a new project 3rd string quarterback.
Funny.
[Reply]
KranzDictum 12:58 PM 08-29-2017
Simmons is a young stud. This is typical John managing the cap properly. As much as I would hate to see TJ go at least it is at position they have plenty of depth at.

They are also high on Jamal Carter depth wise and seem to want to use him and Simmon's in a hybrid LB/Safety role. In their man heavy scheme a lot of teams attack the LB's in the pass game so having a smaller faster guy who can tackle, run and cover is important. They don't have a 2nd ILB who can cover well so bring an extra safety down on 3rd downs makes sense. Carter has played well this PS also.
[Reply]
RunKC 01:10 PM 08-29-2017
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Justin Simmons is one of the few under 25 players they have that looks like a future stud.
Kelce and Tyreek embarrassed Justin Simmons in KC last year. That Denver defense is nowhere near as potent as it was just 2 years ago.
[Reply]
staylor26 01:17 PM 08-29-2017
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Kelce and Tyreek embarrassed Justin Simmons in KC last year. That Denver defense is nowhere near as potent as it was just 2 years ago.
Yea, but Simmons is going to be a damn good safety. One of the very few Elway picks over the past few years that pissed me off.
[Reply]
jjchieffan 01:18 PM 08-29-2017
Originally Posted by KranzDictum:
Simmons is a young stud. This is typical John managing the cap properly. As much as I would hate to see TJ go at least it is at position they have plenty of depth at.

They are also high on Jamal Carter depth wise and seem to want to use him and Simmon's in a hybrid LB/Safety role. In their man heavy scheme a lot of teams attack the LB's in the pass game so having a smaller faster guy who can tackle, run and cover is important. They don't have a 2nd ILB who can cover well so bring an extra safety down on 3rd downs makes sense. Carter has played well this PS also.
Maybe he's better than I realize. The only time I watch the Donks is when they're playing KC and that vaunted "No Fly Zone" is usually getting embarrassed by the likes of Alex Smith.
[Reply]
RunKC 01:27 PM 08-29-2017
Get ready to see a lot more of this now that there is no more fear in the middle of the field in that Denver defense.

[Reply]
Mile High Mania 01:59 PM 08-29-2017
Maybe he's better than I realize. The only time I watch the Donks is when they're playing KC and that vaunted "No Fly Zone" is usually getting embarrassed by the likes of Alex Smith.
So, in the last 4 games... yeah, there was a big play to Hill and another to Kelce... Alex has averaged under 230 passing yards a game with the following TD/INT performances.
1/1
1/0
1/0
0/2

Alex has really just destroyed that 'no fly zone'... you're right.
[Reply]
Page 1040 of 4909
« First < 40540940990103010361037103810391040 104110421043104410501090114015402040 > Last »
Up