« First < 45494100101102103104 105106107108114 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Dorsey gone?
bdj23 02:12 PM 06-22-2017
Per 610.

The ****?
[Reply]
RunKC 07:10 PM 06-24-2017
Originally Posted by Pestilence:
Yet we still don't know how he can handle contracts.
Or evaluate talent anywhere near as well we've seen lately.

Honestly I am extremely worried about the franchise's direction. If it wasn't for Mahomes, this would be the worst offseason I can remember.
[Reply]
Buckweath 07:16 PM 06-24-2017
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Or evaluate talent anywhere near as well we've seen lately.

Honestly I am extremely worried about the franchise's direction. If it wasn't for Mahomes, this would be the worst offseason I can remember.
My thoughts exactly. I was very very high on Dorsey. I thought he was brilliant.
[Reply]
In58men 07:27 PM 06-24-2017
Originally Posted by Buckweath:
My thoughts exactly. I was very very high on Dorsey. I thought he was brilliant.
This fan base will find a way to be high on anybody.
[Reply]
JakeF 07:34 PM 06-24-2017
Originally Posted by Tuckdaddy:
Then I will now speculate is had to do with power, shit contracts and hurting Maclins little feelings.
There is a reason why Dorsey got fired on the same day as Reid got his contract extension.
[Reply]
Buckweath 07:36 PM 06-24-2017
Why are people saying Dorsey was bad with contracts? It seems like revisionist history. I didnt like Houston's and Berry's contracts but in Houston's case, the guy had just had a 22 sack season. The only option that could have been better than what Dorsey did would have been to tag Houston as his value could only go down IMO after that monster season and then give him his contract the following year. In Berry's case, I think we gave him too much but again it seems like Dorsey was absolutely standing his ground but at the end of the day Berry just had had a great season and he wouldn't budge. Maclin's contract was not bad though a bit risky because of his injury concerns. When we signed him, I can't remember any fan being disappointed with that contract as the Chiefs were severely lacking talent at WR and the contract seemed on par with what was given around the league at that moment.

Anyways Dorsey was a great talent evaluator and that trumps all.

I thought with Dorsey we were to be a perennial winner like the Steelers, Packers and Ravens.
[Reply]
Buckweath 07:40 PM 06-24-2017
Originally Posted by Inmem58:
This fan base will find a way to be high on anybody.
Ok Im not that high on Andy Reid. Definitly a good coach but he has clear flaws, mostly clock management, that will make you cringe. When I see he is ranked a top 5 coach on that NFL.com article, I feel like he is overrated.
[Reply]
BossChief 07:48 PM 06-24-2017
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
And it means jack shit for reasons I've already pointed out.

Keeping Cassel would've lowered that number so clearly he should've been kept.

That number means absolutely nothing.
That's a cop-out, sorry.

The dead money is a direct result of his poor ability to negotiate contracts. The man could draft and spot cheap talent better than about anyone else...but he was pretty bad at signing free agents/re-signing players.

Bowe getting 55m
Dunta Robinson 3/14m
Donnie Avery 3/9
Chase Daniel 3/10
Joe Mays 2/6
Ben Grubbs 4/24
Josh Mauga 3/8
Vance Walker 3/14
Restructuring Brandon Flowers then cutting after June 1st the next year.
Letting Hali's deal void (4m in dead$) and then signing him to a silly new deal.
Fanaika?
McGlynn?
Signing Jaye Howard and cutting the next year with 4.2m in dead $
Breaking rules to sign Maclin (costing us a third) and then cutting him 2 years later 5/55m

Saying the dead money means absolutely nothing isn't an opinion I'd think you'd have.
[Reply]
BossChief 07:50 PM 06-24-2017
Originally Posted by JakeF:

How is anybody still paying this hack?

He straight up makes up his stuff.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 08:04 PM 06-24-2017
Originally Posted by BossChief:
That's a cop-out, sorry.

The dead money is a direct result of his poor ability to negotiate contracts. The man could draft and spot cheap talent better than about anyone else...but he was pretty bad at signing free agents/re-signing players.

Bowe getting 55m
Dunta Robinson 3/14m
Donnie Avery 3/9
Chase Daniel 3/10
Joe Mays 2/6
Ben Grubbs 4/24
Josh Mauga 3/8
Vance Walker 3/14
Letting Hali's deal void (4m in dead$) and then signing him to a silly new deal.
Fanaika?
McGlynn?
Breaking rules to sign Maclin (costing us a third) and then cutting him 2 years later 5/55m

Saying the dead money means absolutely nothing isn't an opinion I'd think you'd have.
I'll just repeat myself.

Flowers restructure was an attempt to salvage a fading asset and was defensible given the state of our defensive backfield. Robinson was a misfire, for sure. Succop and Baldwin's dead money were good things.

Fasano was a bad one, but people here LOVED the Walker signing. He just didn't fit the scheme as well; he was better as a 4-3 player and our attempt at a 3-4 conversion didn't work.

God the Bowe complaints. Jesus tapdancing Christ, the guy was the ONLY good pass-catcher this team had. Does anyone not recognize that the team was tasked with winning immediately? Hunt had a fan mutiny; they HAD to win games. Dorsey was over a barrel and it wasn't of his making. Pioli fucked him and he tried to save it but couldn't because Bowe got paid and Bowe got fat. Gimme a break with that shit.

Flowers and Succop have already been discussed and who gives a large rat's ass about the $1.5 million on Mays and Avery. Hell, Avery was a win even with the dead money.

Getting warmer, but Grubbs $5 million in dead money wasn't really dead money because the Chiefs restructured his base salary in '15 to create exactly as much rollover as it took to cut him the next year. Care to point me in the direction of the thread where you called giving up a 5th round pick for a Pro Bowl player to replace Mike fucking McGlynn was a bad idea? That's revisionist horseshit but by calling it a 'signing' you're pretty much outing yourself as ignorant anyway.

Hali is a problem. No question. I suspect that in the end Dorsey got caught flat-footed by Houston's failure to recover and panicked. He should've let Hali go and pursued Freeney. I think he fully expected to let Hali go that's why he let that option void, then he got the prognosis on Houston and freaked out.

Fanaika is dogshit. But hey, remember when that LDT guy they drafted played really good football in his stead? How 'bout we give some credit for that. Even with the dead money, the Chiefs paid $2 million for average guard play. That's pretty damn decent.

Everyone, to a man, thought that Howard signing was brilliant. Guy got fucking hurt - that's not on Dorsey. Maclin's been re-hashed to death; in the end not a good signing but how can it not be viewed as an acceptable risk. A good young WR who knew the system backwards and forwards. Dorsey paid what the market required. Mauga - who fucking cares? Mauga is actually a win on balance; a solid little complementary player that cost virtually nothing over his time here. Russel was a miss (but Dane actually said it was a feather in Dorsey's cap for moving on from a mistake...)

The biggest mistakes Dorsey has made are the two 'thank you' deals he gave to DJ and Hali. That's clearly what they are and the NFL doesn't have room for those. Those are problems but jesus they aren't fireable.
Some dead money matters, yes.

Your figure, on the other hand, means fuck-all. Saying $78 million as though that figure has any relevance is asinine.
[Reply]
Mr_Tomahawk 08:20 PM 06-24-2017
Outside of the draft...what was he above average at?

He's a great scout. That's about it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
NWTF 08:25 PM 06-24-2017
Originally Posted by Mr_Tomahawk:
Outside of the draft...what was he above average at?

He's a great scout. That's about it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You need to change your Adopt A Chief
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 08:33 PM 06-24-2017
That's a cop-out, sorry.

Bowe getting 55m
Dunta Robinson 3/14m
Donnie Avery 3/9
Chase Daniel 3/10
Joe Mays 2/6
Ben Grubbs 4/24
Josh Mauga 3/8
Vance Walker 3/14
Fanaika?
McGlynn?

Reid is the guilty party for the tampering.
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 08:35 PM 06-24-2017
How is anybody still paying this hack?

He straight up makes up his stuff.
Twitter is free. :-)
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 08:39 PM 06-24-2017
Originally Posted by JakeF:

Shut the fuck with this bozo
[Reply]
BossChief 09:12 PM 06-24-2017
I'll just repeat myself.

Some dead money matters, yes.

Your figure, on the other hand, means ****-all. Saying $78 million as though that figure has any relevance is asinine.
I'm trying to be fair about the situation and judging based on results.

Most of that dead money is from guys he signed and had to cut the next year or after 2 years.

I loved having him as KCs GM and was happy when the common theme was he was going to be in KC for a long time. His ability to identify cheap talent and draft like a complete stud was a difference maker.

That said, he also was pretty bad with contracts, trades and free agents.

If KC is able to retain its scouts and continue to identify talent through the draft, we'll be just fine.

This coaching staff doesn't get enough credit for how well they have done at developing the talent they are given. This team plays at a very high level and is basically built of kids.
[Reply]
Page 104 of 137
« First < 45494100101102103104 105106107108114 > Last »
Up