« First < 3539399100101102103 104105106107113 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Dorsey gone?
bdj23 02:12 PM 06-22-2017
Per 610.

The ****?
[Reply]
MahiMike 06:04 PM 06-24-2017
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
I love how people miss that Clark was the guy who hired Dorsey, he has the ability to hire another top notch GM.

Dorsey was good, he wasn't the best and there are numerous examples of bad contracts.

He was good, he isn't irreplaceable.
I dunno man. He's pretty damn irreplaceable.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 06:05 PM 06-24-2017
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
Clark had the time to do a top-down review AND put 'a plan in place' to improve the team from it's current state?

Man, there's homerism, and then there's fanfic.
I think it's pretty clear that Clark DID review the situation because Trip McCracken, their Director of Football Operations and Will Lewis, their Director of Pro Scouting were released in May, more than 5 weeks before Dorsey fired.

Marvin Allen, their Director of College Scouting left for Buffalo three days after McCracken and Lewis were let go (and took a demotion), so clearly, something was afoot.
[Reply]
Fritz88 06:15 PM 06-24-2017
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:

Same with Harbough at 49ers.

Some teams do fire the wrong guy and will suffer for it, immediately.
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
MahiMike 06:18 PM 06-24-2017
Why are people saying it's a bad time to fire a GM. The draft is over. There's plenty of time to replace him. I hope Clark takes months to find a top guy.
[Reply]
mdchiefsfan 06:19 PM 06-24-2017
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
As recently as a week or so ago he was seeking to extend Dorsey, sufficient that Dorsey was 'blindsided' this week, and Clark had the time to do a top-down review AND put 'a plan in place' to improve the team from it's current state?

Man, there's homerism, and then there's fanfic.

Running this theory seems to me like the guy who proposes to his GF at a sporting event. Then when she runs off the court in embarrassment, he proposes to the nearest usher like that was his 'plan' all along.
You are a smart gentleman, so I am certain you have managed employees before, but I can certainly see how enough becomes enough and, as you are approaching enough, you begin to develop contingency plans, should you finally arrive at enough.

Just because Dorsey was blind-sided doesn't mean that's Hunt hasn't maintained a watchful eye over things.

The moment you don't keep your eye on the ball, and prepare to adjust the ship as needed, is the moment your employee, and you, are joining each other at the unemployment line.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 06:20 PM 06-24-2017
Originally Posted by MahiMike:
Why are people saying it's a bad time to fire a GM. The draft is over. There's plenty of time to replace him. I hope Clark takes months to find a top guy.
It's a "bad time" because most, if not all, franchises will block the Chiefs from interviewing their staffers.
[Reply]
Ming the Merciless 06:20 PM 06-24-2017
Originally Posted by Inmem58:
Wasting your time
Your 20k posts aren't?

Or is posting pics of burning your apt down somehow what we should be doing on a chiefs message board?
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 06:23 PM 06-24-2017
Originally Posted by mdchiefsfan:
You are a smart gentleman, so I am certain you have managed employees before, but I can certainly see how enough becomes enough and, as you are approaching enough, you begin to develop contingency plans, should you finally arrive at enough.

Just because Dorsey was blind-sided doesn't mean that's Hunt has maintained a watchful eye over things.
Further to this, no one knows the state of the negotiations with Dorsey's agent.
[Reply]
mdchiefsfan 06:25 PM 06-24-2017
Originally Posted by Pawnmower:
Your 20k posts aren't?

Or is posting pics of burning your apt down somehow what we should be doing on a chiefs message board?

[Reply]
Ming the Merciless 06:26 PM 06-24-2017
Its just frustrating that we seem to be moving in a good direction only to have this upheaval...

Hopefully it works out for the better but I fear the worst....vecause chuefs
[Reply]
mdchiefsfan 06:28 PM 06-24-2017
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
Further to this, no one knows the state of the negotiations with Dorsey's agent.
To add, the contract negotiations could have served as a litmus test for Hunt's concerns as well.

To assume that Hunt was completely unprepared going into negotiations, should they go south, is a bit short-sighted.

I trust Hunt to go into negotiations in good faith, but for him to go into negotiations without a contingency plan is a fool's errand.
[Reply]
19now11 06:48 PM 06-24-2017
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
You're gravely mistaken. I'm just a dude trying to get some good info out. I've been doing it for years. My signal-to-bullshit ratio is 90/10 on any social media account so the idea that a drop in the bucket is some attempt by me to gain "credibility" is ludicrous. I couldn't care less about that because I'm not trying to be anything I'm not.
ur a dirtbag troll. that is all.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 06:48 PM 06-24-2017
Originally Posted by BossChief:
What?

It's exactly how much dead money KC has had since Dorsey got here
And it means jack shit for reasons I've already pointed out.

Keeping Cassel would've lowered that number so clearly he should've been kept.

That number means absolutely nothing.
[Reply]
JakeF 07:01 PM 06-24-2017

#Chiefs /Dorsey split had absolutely nothing to do with Dorsey contract situation, despite a few speculative reports I've seen.

— Benjamin Allbright (@AllbrightNFL) June 25, 2017

[Reply]
Red Dawg 07:10 PM 06-24-2017
Originally Posted by JakeF:

Then I will now speculate is had to do with power, shit contracts and hurting Maclins little feelings.
[Reply]
Page 103 of 137
« First < 3539399100101102103 104105106107113 > Last »
Up