Page 102 of 137
« First < 252929899100101102 103104105106112 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Dorsey gone?
bdj23 02:12 PM 06-22-2017
Per 610.

The ****?
[Reply]
thegame214 04:51 PM 06-24-2017
I can remember the week before the playoff game against Steelers the Dorsey to GB was firing on all cylinders and a fan thinking this is the last thing we need to worry about right before a home playoff game. I know it had no effect on the outcome but from a PR standpoint it certainly didn't look good given the timing.

If you are trying to marry your girlfriend and you hear rumblings she wants to eventually get back with her ex, you probably say screw this im out to save face. I think hunt wanted to gamble on Dorsey given his history so let Ballard go and when negotiations came about the ex came back into the picture (GB). Hunt isn't an idiot he knows what he had with Dorsey so I can't imagine what put him over the edge besides purely emtions. GMs make bad deals (Osweiler) but if their intention is in the right place the owner buys in. To say let's start over tells me there was a wolf somewhere and as we saw, many decided to leave through lateral moves or even demotions. I support Clarks call on this despite all the facts, I just wish we knew what he did.
[Reply]
NJChiefsFan 04:58 PM 06-24-2017
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
Brett Veach has the same exact trajectory as Chris Ballard and will get a chance to beccome a GM in the NFL.

Whether it's with the Chiefs remains to be seen but it's difficult for me to believe that Clark doesn't have a plan in place.
He may but I can't believe this was plan A. I would imagine Ballard was plan B, with Veach being at best plan C.
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 05:04 PM 06-24-2017
Brett Veach has the same exact trajectory as Chris Ballard and will get a chance to beccome a GM in the NFL.

Whether it's with the Chiefs remains to be seen but it's difficult for me to believe that Clark doesn't have a plan in place.
This makes much sense !
[Reply]
Fritz88 05:05 PM 06-24-2017
Wasn't Pioli good with contracts?
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
Baby Lee 05:22 PM 06-24-2017

As recently as a week or so ago he was seeking to extend Dorsey, sufficient that Dorsey was 'blindsided' this week, and Clark had the time to do a top-down review AND put 'a plan in place' to improve the team from it's current state?

Man, there's homerism, and then there's fanfic.

Running this theory seems to me like the guy who proposes to his GF at a sporting event. Then when she runs off the court in embarrassment, he proposes to the nearest usher like that was his 'plan' all along.
[Reply]
RunKC 05:24 PM 06-24-2017
What really has me worried is the complete overhaul of the personnel department. Dorsey is gone, Ballard is gone, McCracken and Lewis are gone.
4 top guys from a highly successful front office gone.

Veach is an up and coming guy, and I trust the up and coming guys Dorsey hired last month, but they haven't proven anything yet.

There isn't much out there, but everything I've read about Veach is that he's sharp and can identify talent. Hopefully Andy and Clark find someone who can keep this thing going.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 05:26 PM 06-24-2017
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
As recently as a week or so ago he was seeking to extend Dorsey, sufficient that Dorsey was 'blindsided' this week, and Clark had the time to do a top-down review AND put 'a plan in place' to improve the team from it's current state?

Running this theory seems to me like the guy who proposes to his GF at a sporting event. Then when she runs off the court in embarrassment, he proposes to the nearest usher like that was his 'plan' all along.
:-)
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 05:27 PM 06-24-2017
Originally Posted by RunKC:
What really has me worried is the complete overhaul of the personnel department.
Hell of a time to flush the front office with a rookie QB waiting in the wings.
[Reply]
staylor26 05:37 PM 06-24-2017
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
Hell of a time to flush the front office with a rookie QB waiting in the wings.
Good thing our offensive roster is really young. Schwartz is the oldest piece.

We also have a really nice young core on defense.

As long as the replacement is competent and Mahomes is the real deal, we should be fine. This still sucks though.
[Reply]
BossChief 05:45 PM 06-24-2017
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
So I directly address what bullshit this number of yours is, you ignore it and continue to cite it as though its relevant.

That figure is absolute horseshit.
What?

It's exactly how much dead money KC has had since Dorsey got here
[Reply]
The Franchise 05:52 PM 06-24-2017
Originally Posted by RunKC:
What really has me worried is the complete overhaul of the personnel department. Dorsey is gone, Ballard is gone, McCracken and Lewis are gone.
4 top guys from a highly successful front office gone.

Veach is an up and coming guy, and I trust the up and coming guys Dorsey hired last month, but they haven't proven anything yet.

There isn't much out there, but everything I've read about Veach is that he's sharp and can identify talent. Hopefully Andy and Clark find someone who can keep this thing going.
Yet we still don't know how he can handle contracts.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 05:58 PM 06-24-2017
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:

The point I was attempting to make is that it would be surprising if Clark Hunt didn't have a Plan B option in place.

He's never been one to make hasty decisions in the past so if this decision was made out of spite or anger, it would be his first.
[Reply]
mdchiefsfan 06:00 PM 06-24-2017
Originally Posted by Pawnmower:
Yes god forbid we discuss or speculate on an anonymous message board

Move on guys

Lol:-):-)
*crickets*

Best place to discuss a sport's team EVER!!!!
[Reply]
RunKC 06:01 PM 06-24-2017
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Good thing our offensive roster is really young. Schwartz is the oldest piece.

We also have a really nice young core on defense.

As long as the replacement is competent and Mahomes is the real deal, we should be fine. This still sucks though.
Competent will only last so long in such a competitive division.

Fuck man. Mahomes is not enough. Look at GB for the perfect example. They're competent and have Rodgers and it's still not enough.

This is really disheartening. A front office that gave us bottom barrel gems and cheap all pro's would have been so beneficial for Mahomes going forward.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 06:04 PM 06-24-2017

What I didn't like in that 30 for 30 was Buffalo firing Bill Polian after a dominant 4 year stretch. Didn't exactly lead to further success.

— His Dirknes$ (@HisDirknesS) June 24, 2017

[Reply]
Page 102 of 137
« First < 252929899100101102 103104105106112 > Last »
Up