ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 101 of 195
« First < 5191979899100101 102103104105111151 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs trade Tyreek Hill to the Dolphins
Dante84 10:34 AM 03-23-2022
Will update OP with more info.

Here it is: The #Chiefs are trading six-time Pro Bowl WR Tyreek Hill to the #Dolphins, sources tell me and @TomPelissero.

The return is a first-round pick and more, while Hill gets a contract extension that puts him among the highest paid WRs in the NFL.

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) March 23, 2022

Chiefs are trading six-time Pro-Bowl WR Tyreek Hill to the Miami Dolphins for five draft picks: a 2022 1st-round pick (No. 29), a 2nd-round pick (No. 50) and a 4th-round pick, as well as 4th- and 6th-round picks in the 2023 draft, sources tell ESPN.

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) March 23, 2022

[Reply]
FloridaMan88 12:29 AM 03-24-2022
Those historical lists still won’t dampen the delirium of the drafturbators.
[Reply]
xztop123 12:40 AM 03-24-2022
Here were the NFL’s fastest ball carriers for the 2020 regular season (via Next Gen Stats):

Tyreek Hill, Kansas City Chiefs WR: 21.91 mph (Week 14)

During the first week of games, there were 3 SEC players who ranked among the top 5 on its list. Alabama wide receiver Jameson Williams (22.3 mph)

Keep in mind Williams likely doesn’t have the agility hill does but has a much larger catch radius with longer arms and 4 inches in height
[Reply]
YontsRBake 12:57 AM 03-24-2022
Originally Posted by Jerm:
Ok so you do this…what do you do next offseason when you’re in the same exact scenario…?
Honestly, I think having a player of his caliber for a year when we’re in “win now” mode is worth more than the picks we got, I would view this differently if the highest pick wasn’t as late as it is at 29.

If Jameson Williams falls to us though, this becomes a great trade.
[Reply]
Pul2eject 12:58 AM 03-24-2022
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
Absolute trash when the Jets had #10 + on the table. ****ing wretched trade.
Surprisingly, the Jets did not offer a first round pick when they had #4 and #10. They offered 2 second rd picks #35 and 38.
[Reply]
JPH83 01:02 AM 03-24-2022
It's kinda fun watching people convince themselves they're thrilled about this move. Maybe it had to be done and perhaps it'll end up being the smart move. But my God it was fun watching Hill with Mahomes, wasn't it?
[Reply]
Simply Red 01:04 AM 03-24-2022
Originally Posted by ThyKingdomCome15:
That's solid. Shannon Sharpe said he hopes Tyreek knows his life will not be the same. His days of glory are over. He'll have all the time to reflect on it while at the beach.
my man.
[Reply]
Imon Yourside 01:14 AM 03-24-2022
Originally Posted by JPH83:
It's kinda fun watching people convince themselves they're thrilled about this move. Maybe it had to be done and perhaps it'll end up being the smart move. But my God it was fun watching Hill with Mahomes, wasn't it?
I'm convinced it's a done deal, time to move on.
[Reply]
Rasputin 01:40 AM 03-24-2022
Originally Posted by JPH83:
Chiefs get 5 fucking draft picks it didn't take me long to figure out this is a good deal. We can revamp our D line like blurt Valdez wants to do add a pass rusher or two actually find a WR to replace Tyreek now I'm not fooling myself he isn't just going be replaced but our offensive line is already set and that gives Mahomes time to you know Mahome things.

This gives us a yute movement that we won't have to be over paying old FA that don't last and keep us in cap hell. This gives us a lot of cap money to keep Orlando Brown long term contract and on that note Chiefs Franchised Orlando Brown and value him over Tyreek Hill so this move will really help secure Orlando Brown.

Tyreek Hill got greedy and he will find out grass isn't always greener on the other side but he gets paid so really it's good for him and left us hanging. We scored 5 Draft picks on top what we already have we can really work something maybe move up in the draft and take a real play maker or beef up this D line. We got a lot to do but the positives are greater than the negatives. He would have walked after this year as a UFA and found a team that would have broke their bank.

Build championships thought the draft this sets us up for years to come and can get rid of dead weight like Frank Clark.

Other thing Tyreek actually his small size and tipped balls into defenders hands that isn't what you want if you are expected to be the best WR in the league. He couldn't come down with it in the AFCCG in overtime he has to catch that and not let the other team have it.

I'll always love Tyreek but if we can work this draft I'll love him for 5 draft picks that we build a bad ass defense with and get a few other pertinant needs and a WR. We will be in contention for Super Bowls for years to come and take away pressure off of Patrick Homes that he won't have as much to worry about.

We just can't be over paying every player that want's big bucks this is't Madden football game.
[Reply]
xztop123 02:07 AM 03-24-2022
I’d like to see how mahomes does with big wr

Green Bay drafted 13 in the past 10 years and only 2 of those were under 6 ft
[Reply]
Rasputin 02:08 AM 03-24-2022
Originally Posted by kevrunner:
The Jaguars giving Kirk that crazy contract is what derailed the extension talks with Tyreek. Adams was supposed to be franchise tagged, not sure Hill and his agent were holding up extension talks based on Adams, unless they had inside information that Adams wasn’t going to play under the tag and was going to be traded. I was shocked when the Packers traded Adams, but I can easily see where Tyreek and his camp might have known Adams wasn’t going to play for the Packers, when Aaron Rodgers signed his big contract, it is said he knew at the time that Adams was going to be traded. Anyway, I’m very sad that Tyreek won’t be a Chief, combinations like Mahomes/Tyreek don’t come around too often. Thought Tyreek had a great chance to be a Hall of Famer, but without the Mahomes connection, I think his chances are extremely unlikely now. The Chiefs got great value for Tyreek, for a 28 year old small WR to be able to get another team to pay that much for him, is a little shocking. I’d could see a team that has a top tier QB and already a serious contender, paying something in this neighborhood of picks, but for teams like the Dolphins or Jets willing to pay this is just foolish. It’s going to be weird seeing Tyreek in a Dolphins uniform.

I think 28 yo also makes this a better deal like you say and he's getting dinged up. But what I noticed his vertical jump isn't what it was a couple years ago because he should have came down with that ball but the taller DBs are getting the better of him because of his size and the tipped balls interceptions. He will still be good even if his speed isn't as fast he will be fast a team can put him in the slot and he would flourish pretty well for a little bit. Still I wasn't excited about this draft but I am now because as our rival competitors traded away draft picks for older vets that will cost them dearly we traded a vet to get younger and have ammo to work the draft in our favor.

I don't think the other three division teams have a pick in the first two days of the draft. We get younger faster beefier in the trenches and pass rush and still can get a WR and some Safety help or depth. This is going be a great draft to build championships with.

Our rivals jerked their meat and ejaculated before the draft. We got control of the board even if it's all late picks we can move up there is always a trade partner.

I'm stoked this draft is going be great. Vlearch is really starting to hit on picks like last year Bolton Trey Smith Creed I mean some of the others can still develop too.
[Reply]
blazzin311 02:31 AM 03-24-2022
Basically, the Chiefs traded Tyreek Hill, because they couldn’t meet in the middle on the Finances, of a new Contract Extension of sorts. Whereas, Tyreek wanted to be the highest paid Wide Receiver. Thus Tyreek’s Agent (Drew Rosenhaus), did not agree to anything until Free Agency started....because he wanted to see which Wideouts would earn a Payday. As such, Devante Adams got that huge Payday, and he went to an AFC West Rival to get it.

As a result, Rosenhaus said to the Chiefs, “We want more than Adams.” Unfortunately, the Chiefs could not meet that Demand. Mind you, they have to plan ahead and eventually pay guys like Creed Humphrey, Trey Smith, Nick Bolton, and Orlando Brown to name a few. Now they have tons of Draft Picks, so it could be a lot of Players to account for in 3-5 years.

The Chiefs could not meet Tyreek’s Demand, and he was otherwise deadset on Miami. So, Brett Veach’s hands were tied, so to speak....he simply couldn’t do much. Which is to say, this is the problem teams have, when they have too much Talent....you can’t please everyone, and when you can’t please someone, sometimes they want out. Miami doesn’t have all the Star-studded talent that KC has....so they have the Money for it.

I hate to say it, but just look at the Pats. for instance....they had Tom Brady, and they made Damn sure they had a stout Offensive Line, and Drafted well so they could win 6 Rings. With the Chiefs, they need to keep the Offensive Line together, and also Draft well (kind of like they did last year). These are the “Problems” that good teams have to deal with.
[Reply]
TwistedChief 02:43 AM 03-24-2022
Originally Posted by blazzin311:
Basically, the Chiefs traded Tyreek Hill, because they couldn’t meet in the middle on the Finances, of a new Contract Extension of sorts. Whereas, Tyreek wanted to be the highest paid Wide Receiver. Thus Tyreek’s Agent (Drew Rosenhaus), did not agree to anything until Free Agency started....because he wanted to see which Wideouts would earn a Payday. As such, Devante Adams got that huge Payday, and he went to an AFC West Rival to get it.

As a result, Rosenhaus said to the Chiefs, “We want more than Adams.” Unfortunately, the Chiefs could not meet that Demand. Mind you, they have to plan ahead and eventually pay guys like Creed Humphrey, Trey Smith, Nick Bolton, and Orlando Brown to name a few. Now they have tons of Draft Picks, so it could be a lot of Players to account for in 3-5 years.

The Chiefs could not meet Tyreek’s Demand, and he was otherwise deadset on Miami. So, Brett Veach’s hands were tied, so to speak....he simply couldn’t do much. Which is to say, this is the problem teams have, when they have too much Talent....you can’t please everyone, and when you can’t please someone, sometimes they want out. Miami doesn’t have all the Star-studded talent that KC has....so they have the Money for it.

I hate to say it, but just look at the Pats. for instance....they had Tom Brady, and they made Damn sure they had a stout Offensive Line, and Drafted well so they could win 6 Rings. With the Chiefs, they need to keep the Offensive Line together, and also Draft well (kind of like they did last year). These are the “Problems” that good teams have to deal with.
How do you decide which words to capitalize? Is there a formula of some kind?

And there's no 'meeting in the middle' when one side wants to be the highest paid player in the NFL. There's the top of the market and that's it.
[Reply]
R8RFAN 03:38 AM 03-24-2022
Originally Posted by Coochie liquor:
What about Adams???
none of them are worth the money
[Reply]
DTVietnam 03:56 AM 03-24-2022
yall are funny

Hill now was dinged up last year and lost a step?

I guess you didnt watch the Bills game...

Then Patrick ignored him in the 2nd half of the Bengals game cause he forgot how to play football for 30 minutes
[Reply]
chrismsales 04:00 AM 03-24-2022
Originally Posted by DTVietnam:
yall are funny

Hill now was dinged up last year and lost a step?

I guess you didnt watch the Bills game...

Then Patrick ignored him in the 2nd half of the Bengals game cause he forgot how to play football for 30 minutes

Damn, you are one miserable MF. Do you ever give a rest to the constant bitching and moaning on here?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
Page 101 of 195
« First < 5191979899100101 102103104105111151 > Last »
Up