« First < 5191979899100101 102103104105111 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Dorsey gone?
bdj23 02:12 PM 06-22-2017
Per 610.

The ****?
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 02:10 PM 06-24-2017
Originally Posted by JakeF:
Agree. Of all the weaknesses on our team, most point to Reid. Far more than point to Dorsey.
:-)
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 02:20 PM 06-24-2017
Originally Posted by NJChiefsFan:
I didn't even know who Ballard was. Now Dorsey had a good deal of history. There was enough out there to know what we were potentially getting and I feel he lived up to all of it and more. No matter how we slice it, it's going to take a great hire to find somebody equal to one of them. If this had gone down months ago we could have potentially already made a great hire in Ballard. Whether that is Dorsey's fault, bad timing, or Clark not making this call at the right time, who knows.
Brett Veach has the same exact trajectory as Chris Ballard and will get a chance to beccome a GM in the NFL.

Whether it's with the Chiefs remains to be seen but it's difficult for me to believe that Clark doesn't have a plan in place.
[Reply]
threebag 02:23 PM 06-24-2017
Originally Posted by Chief Roundup:
Because of Alex Smith who was xhoosen by Reid

Sent from my SM-S906L using Tapatalk
Sorry not the way I seen it against Indy or the Pats
[Reply]
Ming the Merciless 02:24 PM 06-24-2017
Originally Posted by Inmem58:
Nobody will ever know the truth. Time to move on.
Yes god forbid we discuss or speculate on an anonymous message board

Move on guys

Lol:-):-)
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 02:25 PM 06-24-2017
Originally Posted by threebag02:
It was reposted before Run could say anything

Anybody else's take you can get out there to turn your credibility from the shitfest you come up with.
You're gravely mistaken. I'm just a dude trying to get some good info out. I've been doing it for years. My signal-to-bullshit ratio is 90/10 on any social media account so the idea that a drop in the bucket is some attempt by me to gain "credibility" is ludicrous. I couldn't care less about that because I'm not trying to be anything I'm not.
[Reply]
Fritz88 02:27 PM 06-24-2017
It's either Hunt knows this is not the work of Dorsey and he fired him knowing there's a capable replacement. But I doubt it. I think he will be very hard to replace. The entire league was shocked.

This sucks more than Gonzo's armpit.
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 03:02 PM 06-24-2017
Originally Posted by Fritz88:
It's either Hunt knows this is not the work of Dorsey and he fired him knowing there's a capable replacement. But I doubt it. I think he will be very hard to replace. The entire league was shocked.

This sucks more than Gonzo's armpit.
Posted via Mobile Device
I'm shocked that the entire league was shocked.

Just when you think the Chiefs have exercised every conceivable, idiotic misstep in the history of the league, I can assure you they will turn right around and raise that bar a few feet higher.
[Reply]
Fritz88 03:09 PM 06-24-2017
Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate:
I'm shocked that the entire league was shocked.

Just when you think the Chiefs have exercised every conceivable, idiotic misstep in the history of the league, I can assure you they will turn right around and raise that bar a few feet higher.
Just when I thought we needed a few pieces to become a great team, this happens.

I am beginning to slightly suspect it's an ownership issue.
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 03:09 PM 06-24-2017
Originally Posted by Chiefnj2:
"Clark was not happy at all about how the Eric Berry situation ...This was due to the insurance fiasco"

Absolute no win situation for any GM.
Isn't it, though?

The hell of it for Dorsey is that it was done EXCLUSIVELY to protect Clark Hunt. It had no impact on the salary cap. The football side gets no benefit from that insurance policy.

And it turns out that trying to protect some small percentage of his boss's vast fortune played a massive role in his eventual firing.

No good deed goes unpunished, man...
[Reply]
booger 03:31 PM 06-24-2017
Someone has/had to play that bad cop role in the negotiations. Usually that's the case with GMs. The insurance policy was literally an unprecedented situation. Never had been dealt with and nothing to compare it to. You would hope in that case the player would be able to put himself in management and ownership shoes from their perspective. Same with Maclin. It was right after his wedding. There was no good time or way to do it. They probably didn't decide on it until something had to give cap wise and with redoing contracts just wasn't going to get the job done they were left with a choice of releasing Smith, Houston or Maclin and made the best choice considering. In hindsight paying the extra salary for a Denny Thum type of accounting wiz that could handle the cap since Dorsey is who he is, a Ted Thompson type old school scout with little experience in cap and contracts...too bad they didn't foresee this from the beginning or addressing it in one of the following off seasons before now. They trusted McCracken exclusively and it's not worked out. Clark only has himself to blame in that regard
[Reply]
scho63 03:32 PM 06-24-2017
I think Dorsey did a horrible job with contracts and salary cap and so so with picks. The last few big things Berry's contract, Houston's contract, and Maclin's release all were shit.

While it was shocking because it wasn't even on anyones radar, it's not the end of the world.
[Reply]
In58men 03:36 PM 06-24-2017
Originally Posted by Pawnmower:
Yes god forbid we discuss or speculate on an anonymous message board

Move on guys

Lol:-):-)
Wasting your time
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 03:43 PM 06-24-2017
Originally Posted by Fritz88:
Just when I thought we needed a few pieces to become a great team, this happens.

I am beginning to slightly suspect it's an ownership issue.
Posted via Mobile Device
:-) Ya' think?

Originally Posted by scho63:
I think Dorsey did a horrible job with contracts and salary cap and so so with picks. The last few big things Berry's contract, Houston's contract, and Maclin's release all were shit.

While it was shocking because it wasn't even on anyones radar, it's not the end of the world.
I'll give you the other issues, but so-so with picks ain't one of 'em.

And while this may not be the end of the world, it is absolutely the end of a partnership and dynamic that was working and getting stronger with each passing season.

Clark has violated his "hands-off" policy that so many shitheels around these parts just LOVED to throw in your face when discussing ownership and everyone in the league now knows it, Andy is about to be given even further levels of total control and zero accountability which in the past has worked so wonderfully, and the Chiefs overall have now been classified as a "problem child" organization with no clear focus or mandate of operations.

Great job, Clark! :-)
[Reply]
RunKC 03:44 PM 06-24-2017
I don't think Dorsey did a bad job at all with contracts all things considered.

Kelce, Parker, Sherman, Sean Smith, Alex, Fisher, Bailey and even LDT were good contracts.

Houston and Berry were foregone conclusions to get paid massive $$ no matter what.

Tamba is a legit eyesore but look at the situation. Ford was unknown and Houston just injured and Tamba knew everything. He knew we desperately needed him and he was a fan/ownership favorite. He literally had all the leverage on that deal.

The fact that Dorsey and his team got Andy out of a huge hole was reason enough to keep his job at least this season IMO.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 04:16 PM 06-24-2017
Originally Posted by BossChief:
It wasn't impulsive.

78m in dead money in 4 years
So I directly address what bullshit this number of yours is, you ignore it and continue to cite it as though its relevant.

That figure is absolute horseshit.
[Reply]
Page 101 of 137
« First < 5191979899100101 102103104105111 > Last »
Up