ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 100 of 237
« First < 509096979899100 101102103104110150200 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***** Official 2016/2017 Kansas Basketball Repository Thread *****
saphojunkie 12:22 PM 04-07-2016
Now with 800% more crapshoot!

Roster:

Spoiler!

SCHEDULE

Spoiler!

Notable dates:

Late Night in the Phog
Oct 1 6:30 PM
Allen Fieldhouse
Students enter at 4:30PM, general public at 5:00 PM

Champions Classic:
Nov 15, 2016 - Madison Square Garden. KU vs. Duke

CBE Hall of Fame Classic:
semis & finals at Sprint Center in KC.
Nov 21 - 22 (early games date & time ).

Armed Forces Classic
Joint Base Pearl Harbor-Hickham, Hawai`i: Nov. 11 (ESPN)
Indiana vs. Kansas
Arizona vs. Michigan State

BIG 12/SEC CHALLENGE
Kansas vs. Kentucky
Rupp Arena, Lexington, KY
Jan 28, 2017

Let's go get Lucky 13. And a damn National Championship.
[Reply]
A Salt Weapon 10:18 PM 02-01-2017
Oh, that makes sense.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 10:37 PM 02-01-2017
KU is gonna win it all
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 10:39 PM 02-01-2017
Bill now 17-4 vs top 5 teams
[Reply]
Chiefspants 10:39 PM 02-01-2017
Originally Posted by BigMeatballBillay:
KU is gonna win it all
Free throws and defense continue to be issues. Thanks to our performance at the foul line, Baylor had a chance to win it and couldn't get it done. We may not have been so lucky had that been against Nova.

If we can figure it out from the foul line... Look out.
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 10:45 PM 02-01-2017
First time a school has 9 straight home wins vs top 5
[Reply]
KC_Connection 10:50 PM 02-01-2017
Originally Posted by BigMeatballBillay:
KU is gonna win it all
Depends whether they improve their defense (watch the last possession and you know they could be doing far better than they have if they expended the effort). That and luck considering it's a 68 team single elimination tournament.
[Reply]
Buehler445 10:54 PM 02-01-2017
Originally Posted by ROYC75:
Good 2nd half effort, Baylor is legit, problem is Drew.

Baylor's length makes it really tough!
Originally Posted by Reerun_KC:
Last possession was classic drew.
To be fair, Drew didn't call that terrible of a game, and you would think the FUCKING POINT GUARD could catch a simple pass.

But yeah, normally I agree. Drew recruits these all world motherfuckers and then play 7th grade ball.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 10:56 PM 02-01-2017
Originally Posted by ROYC75:
The guy can recruit, he has brought in talent since day 1. Each year his players are more athletic and this year I can say is his best team.
why wasn't Self interested in Wainwright?
[Reply]
C3HIEF3S 11:10 PM 02-01-2017
Granted I've never been in AFH for the Border War days, but tonight was the loudest arena I have ever been in. My ears are ringing hardcore right now. What a game.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 11:12 PM 02-01-2017
Originally Posted by C3HIEF3S:
Granted I've never been in AFH for the Border War days, but tonight was the loudest arena I have ever been in. My ears are ringing hardcore right now. What a game.
Few games have reached the level that the Border War did in 2012.

Today and last year's epic showdown against Oklahoma were definitely there.
[Reply]
Buehler445 11:13 PM 02-01-2017
Originally Posted by C3HIEF3S:
I don't think the border war games were loud in AFH save for the last couple years, when MU fielded a team.

The high profile games, like this one, UT in the Durant year, etc. That's when AFH goes crazy.
[Reply]
C3HIEF3S 11:47 PM 02-01-2017
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
I don't think the border war games were loud in AFH save for the last couple years, when MU fielded a team.

The high profile games, like this one, UT in the Durant year, etc. That's when AFH goes crazy.
I didn't start watching KU sports until 2012-2013, so thanks for that info. Whenever I think of KU-MU games, I think of the one that I have actually watched and that was the last Border War game of course.

There has been so much talk on social media and around Lawrence about how the student section and AFH in general had seemed off and dulled down this year. Maybe it was prior to tonight, but I seriously think that the reason for any of that is because of the completely weak home slate KU has had this year. I mean, there's only so much you can do to pump the crowd up for marquee non-con games against Stanford and Nebraska. Even if it is Allen Fieldhouse.. people can't pretend to be excited about playing the UNC-Asheville's of the country.

Tonight was unreal, and I doubt we see anymore student news articles putting the students on blast for the rest of this year. It feels good to be able to be proud of the school that you go to or went to. It's something that I will most-definitely always appreciate until the day that I die. I have been on the other side of things, at a school where no one gives a shit about the school or have any pride in it.. and it just sucked. This place is fucking awesome.

Rock Chalk.
[Reply]
ChiefsFanatic 12:15 AM 02-02-2017
Originally Posted by Chief Pagan:
I understand there would be some up sides to a two year rule. But I think it is wrong to tell an 18 year old who has the ability to be drafted into the NBA, but doesn't have the grades to go to college that he has to wait before he can be drafted. Sure there are other leagues, like going to Europe, but I still don't think it is right.

And I'm a little surprised that the courts go along with a rule that says even though you are 18 and legally an adult, we are going to make you go play college, without any pay beyond room and board, for a year before you can be drafted. I don't see what the compelling interest is that allows for such a straight up age discrimination.
It's a union, and like any union they can set any restrictions for becoming a member as long as it isn't based on race, religion, etc. And there have been players to go overseas since the 1 year rule was implemented. The NFL rule is you have to be 2 years removed from your high school graduating class.

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk
[Reply]
BWillie 12:35 AM 02-02-2017
All you guys bagging on Drew.... I used to as well... But he's figured out how to coach defense and its made all of the difference in the world. Guy has definitely learned on the job . Hes up for a huge raise and or a bigger job soon
[Reply]
ChiefsFanatic 02:15 AM 02-02-2017
Originally Posted by BWillie:
All you guys bagging on Drew.... I used to as well... But he's figured out how to coach defense and its made all of the difference in the world. Guy has definitely learned on the job . Hes up for a huge raise and or a bigger job soon
I disagree. It's the exact same defense he has been coaching since he got to Baylor. He has had teams in the past that were effective in the zone, but if teams hit their perimeter shots, Drew doesn't have a backup plan. He doesn't/cannot/did not make adjustments, no matter how many times Duke Vitale says otherwise. He did take over a dead in the water shitshow and made it a mid-high program, but with the talent he has recruited over the years, his coaching ability is what has kept Baylor from being as good as they should be.

When Roy Williams took over at KU, he took kids that were mid-major talen wise, and turned them into Final Four teams. Bill Self has won whatever conference he coached in something like 17 out of 24 years as a head coach. Other than recruiting, what has Scott Drew done? Not much.

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk
[Reply]
Page 100 of 237
« First < 509096979899100 101102103104110150200 > Last »
Up