« First < 509096979899100 101102103104110 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Dorsey gone?
George Liquor 02:12 PM 06-22-2017
Per 610.

The ****?
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 11:53 AM 06-24-2017
Originally Posted by Tuckdaddy:
I feel so sorry millionaires that were on the team for two years and then released. My heart bleeds.
Because it's customary for "millionaires" to be fired via voicemail
[Reply]
threebag 12:17 PM 06-24-2017
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
Dude, no. I clearly labeled it as grapevine/rumor mill content.

If you think something like that should be confined to a post 250 people are going to see more power to ya but stuff like that needs to be spread around. I put it on twitter, FB and reddit for good measure.

RunKC already said he wasn't upset about it so get a grip.
It was reposted before Run could say anything

Anybody else's take you can get out there to turn your credibility from the shitfest you come up with.
[Reply]
thegame214 12:34 PM 06-24-2017
"Kansas City lost its director of college scouting when Mike Adams was hired by the Bills for the same position this offseason. Director of pro scouting Will Lewis was also not retained this offseason."

Does anyone know why Mike Adams took a lateral move? There was a lot of shakeup before Dorsey was let go. What credit does someone like Adams get for our drafts or does it ALL fall on Dorsey?
[Reply]
booger 12:40 PM 06-24-2017
Marvin Allen and he took a demotion. He's a national scout now. Not the director of college scouting with buffalo
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 12:51 PM 06-24-2017
Originally Posted by booger:
Marvin Allen and he took a demotion. He's a national scout now. Not the director of college scouting with buffalo
It is interesting to reflect on all of the changes since the end of the season.

Chris Ballard to Indy, Trip McCracken and Will Lewis not retained, Marvin Allen to Buffalo with a demotion and in a shock, David Culley, who'd been with Reid since 1999, to Buffalo to coach QB's.

Ballard is pretty much the only person that made a non-lateral move.

If you connect the dots, it seems as if there was something going on with the front office and management.

Whether these moves were due to Clark's influence or Dorsey panicking, it's interesting to reflect upon the moves this year.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 12:52 PM 06-24-2017
Originally Posted by thegame214:
"Kansas City lost its director of college scouting when Mike Adams was hired by the Bills for the same position this offseason. Director of pro scouting Will Lewis was also not retained this offseason."

Does anyone know why Mike Adams took a lateral move? There was a lot of shakeup before Dorsey was let go. What credit does someone like Adams get for our drafts or does it ALL fall on Dorsey?
That report is a mistake. The Chiefs didn't employ a "Mike Adams", it was Marvin Allen.
[Reply]
booger 01:02 PM 06-24-2017
Speaking of Will Lewis I would entertain the idea of bringing him back if I was Clark and did end up promoting within. Make him Assistant GM, VP of player personnel or director of football operations...a 2nd in command no matter the title. His contract wasn't re upped most likely for $$ reasons. Probably the same with Marvin Allen. By hiring Tim Terry from GB Dorsey got an up and Commer who would have a smaller salary than Lewis and be someone they could groom. Same with Ryan Poles taking over for Allen. First timers for directors saves them money just as the only reason Dorsey was among the lower paid GMs is because it was his first GM job and the first contact in most cases will be paid in line with other first time GMs. So in his eyes, Dorsey thought he was saving Clark a few $$ and figured that looked good from a management perspective and could translate to making him more on his 2nd contract. Just a guess.

But things being what they are currently I would seriously consider bringing Will Lewis back for the likely first time GM to lean on. Plus he's been in GB and Seattle working with the same people who groomed Dorsey in the Ron Wolf ways.
[Reply]
NJChiefsFan 01:08 PM 06-24-2017
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
There are many people left in the organization that played a role in drafting and signing players on this roster. It's a collaborative effort, one put in place by Reid and Hunt, so it shouldn't be a stretch to assume they will continue with the same process.

The guys in the personnel department know what kind of football players fit Reid and Sutton's schemes.

There's no preactical reason to assume that would change with a new GM.
Do we know that Reid and Hunt put those people and structure in place and not Dorsey? We have lost a number of important people, including the top 2. It's very realistic IMO that we will feel the effects of this soon and it won't be great.

Who we hire can change that, but as I and others have said, them filling the role of Dorsey and/or Ballard will be difficult. I personally will not be happy if the handling of Berry and Maclin's contracts are the main cause of him leaving. That's not a good enough reason IMO.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 01:17 PM 06-24-2017
Originally Posted by NJChiefsFan:
Do we know that Reid and Hunt put those people and structure in place and not Dorsey?
Why would Dorsey be the GM of the team, yet not be allowed to hire the people that work for him? Of course he made the decisions to hire and fire, except for the people that left of their own volition.

We have lost a number of important people, including the top 2. It's very realistic IMO that we will feel the effects of this soon and it won't be great.
That's speculation. It's a collaborative effort to scout and draft. It's not a decision made by one person. I can't see the Chiefs suddenly drafting guys that don't fit Reid's scheme or profile because John Dorsey and Chris Ballard are gone.

Who we hire can change that, but as I and others have said, them filling the role of Dorsey and/or Ballard will be difficult.
Again, speculation. Who here on CP knew anything about John Dorsey or Chris Ballard before they were hired in 2013? The Bad Guy, maybe?

The bottom line is that there are candidates worthy of filling positions all across the NFL and fortunately, the draft is 10 months away. The Chiefs could fill their GM position by Training Camp and still add guys in January or February.

All is not lost.

I personally will not be happy if the handling of Berry and Maclin's contracts are the main cause of him leaving. That's not a good enough reason IMO.
It sounds like a cumulative effect. A WR coach leaving, after working with Reid for 17 years, a College Scouting Director leaving for a demotion, their Pro Personnel Director along with the Director of Football operations didn't receive contract renewals, now Dorsey is fired.

Something was going on in the front office.
[Reply]
booger 01:22 PM 06-24-2017
It is interesting to reflect on all of the changes since the end of the season.

Chris Ballard to Indy, Trip McCracken and Will Lewis not retained, Marvin Allen to Buffalo with a demotion and in a shock, David Culley, who'd been with Reid since 1999, to Buffalo to coach QB's.

Ballard is pretty much the only person that made a non-lateral move.

If you connect the dots, it seems as if there was something going on with the front office and management.

Whether these moves were due to Clark's influence or Dorsey panicking, it's interesting to reflect upon the moves this year.
Exactly right.

I have a thought that I think is possible I'll throw by you. Reid got McDermott that job by his strong recommendation more than anything else or a big reason as to why. Culleys goal of becoming a play caller is why Reid allowed it. He allowed it as a personal favor. Cully goes there as a major influence in the passing game to balance rick dennison in the run game. That plus Reid pushing hard for Sean to get that allowed for him and Reid, not Dorsey and what's his name ( buffalo fired GM) making the trade for only giving up a 2018 first and this years 3rd. That deal and the fact they gave up so little for 17 spots still amazes me. Plus the moving up and aggressiveness compared to past drafts just in terms of trades leaves me to believe Reid played a large role because he had a feel for it when he had both roles in Philadelphia. Not saying anything like he is better or Dorsey is a bad GM... just that based on previous trading it was dealing with SF and Arizona...basically the same teams on so many trades instead of this years deal with anyone and moving up or down...I think it's possible Reid played a bigger role just to help Dorsey out and give him a different perspective if anything else. I could be way off too. And I'm not favoring Reid over Dorsey as I wish this didn't happen and Dorse signed an extension too.
[Reply]
JakeF 01:24 PM 06-24-2017
Originally Posted by KC Tattoo:
Honest to God I'd rather have John Dorsey as GM than Andy Reid as HC and let Dorsey pick our next HC and continue drafting for our future.
Agree. Of all the weaknesses on our team, most point to Reid. Far more than point to Dorsey.
[Reply]
RunKC 01:33 PM 06-24-2017
This process is going to happen very quickly. You can't interview external candidates when training camp starts. And at this time, who is going to allow us to do that? I wouldn't be surprised if teams block us. Keep in mind that these guys are about to start the scouting process for the year.
Teams don't want to lose someone in July and have to replace them with no time left.

This makes us far more likely to be an internal hire IMO.
[Reply]
BlackHelicopters 01:37 PM 06-24-2017
Hunt scares the crap out of me. Billionaire. Connected. Organized. Powerful associates. Completely inept.
[Reply]
NJChiefsFan 01:49 PM 06-24-2017
Why would Dorsey be the GM of the team, yet not be allowed to hire the people that work for him? Of course he made the decisions to hire and fire, except for the people that left of their own volition.

That's speculation. It's a collaborative effort to scout and draft. It's not a decision made by one person. I can't see the Chiefs suddenly drafting guys that don't fit Reid's scheme or profile because John Dorsey and Chris Ballard are gone.

Again, speculation. Who here on CP knew anything about John Dorsey or Chris Ballard before they were hired in 2013? The Bad Guy, maybe?

The bottom line is that there are candidates worthy of filling positions all across the NFL and fortunately, the draft is 10 months away. The Chiefs could fill their GM position by Training Camp and still add guys in January or February.

All is not lost.

It sounds like a cumulative effect. A WR coach leaving, after working with Reid for 17 years, a College Scouting Director leaving for a demotion, their Pro Personnel Director along with the Director of Football operations didn't receive contract renewals, now Dorsey is fired.

Something was going on in the front office.
I didn't even know who Ballard was. Now Dorsey had a good deal of history. There was enough out there to know what we were potentially getting and I feel he lived up to all of it and more. No matter how we slice it, it's going to take a great hire to find somebody equal to one of them. If this had gone down months ago we could have potentially already made a great hire in Ballard. Whether that is Dorsey's fault, bad timing, or Clark not making this call at the right time, who knows.
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 02:02 PM 06-24-2017
Newsome has won two Super Bowls, 13 years apart.

Dorsey's team couldn't get past the Divisional round.
Because of Alex Smith who was xhoosen by Reid

Sent from my SM-S906L using Tapatalk
[Reply]
Page 100 of 137
« First < 509096979899100 101102103104110 > Last »
Up