ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 10 of 12
« First < 678910 1112 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Trevor Lawrence gets paid
TambaBerry 04:50 PM 06-13-2024
5 years 275, 200 guaranteed
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 09:29 AM 06-17-2024
Just an armchair observation having seen him a few times (for my fantasy football team)…
Trevor was actually very good early in the season but couldn’t get TDs. He was really cooking for a few games until he rolled his ankle and didn’t look the same. He looks way better on script than off in the 2nd quarter and beyond, which seems like a characteristic of Andy protege teams.

It feels like he’s comfortably at an Alex smith floor by now. But he’s young enough and has shown flashes that he can be much more than that.
[Reply]
Megatron96 12:13 PM 06-17-2024
Originally Posted by Pasta Little Brioni:
Excuse. Pat beat Lawrence on one leg like he was Daniel son

Lol, okay.:-)
[Reply]
Marcellus 01:08 PM 06-17-2024
Pretty awesome that Chiefs fans only have other teams QB's to argue over how great they are or aren't.

Much better than the old days.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 03:03 AM 06-18-2024
Originally Posted by Kiimo:
Is there any subject you aren't wildly, embarrassingly wrong on
Huh? I've been right about most every NFL take for years. Especially Denver and KC related. I can clown you on Jaguar topics as well now I guess. Jacksonville will not win a title with Barbie and that proves me correct.
[Reply]
gordonelloyd 04:57 AM 06-18-2024
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
Most of them. Though it's seems pretty obvious at this point that DET, SF, and TB are trying to get to the SB without a Mahomes-type QB. They're going with lesser QBs that are surrounded by a lot of top-tier weapons, a modern offensive scheme and a top-tier defense. Which should be a more realistic way of approaching the problem.

This is a strategy that clearly can work. Nearly worked for San Francisco last year (let’s face it we were lucky) and I expect Detroit or San Francisco will be at a competitive Super Bowl with us again this year. Philadelphia is the other possibility in my mind. I can’t see Tampa Bay.

I could see Lawrence working with this strong supporting cast strategy, but I can’t see Daniel Jones.

And how much is Lawrence being overpaid? Detroit gave Geoff 212,000,000 over four years so 53 million a year. Pretty much the same as Lawrence. Philadelphia gave Hurts 51 million a year (255,000,000 over five years) but that was last year and prices have gone up. So I think Lawrence is just being paid the going rate for QB that have potential to win a Super Bowl if you give them a good enough supporting cast.

I think the real issue is the supporting cast. Jacksonville has not come close to matching San Francisco, Detroit or Philadelphia. There was the urban Myers total disaster year. In 2022 they passed on Hutchinson and drafted Walker at DE. And overall, they just have not had the exceptional drafting and teambuilding that Detroit, San Francisco, and Philadelphia have enjoyed.

Fortunately, the Chiefs not only have Mahomes, but also have had great drafts to give him a strong enough supporting cast — although it was a close thing last year with our WR room.
[Reply]
kysirsoze 08:51 AM 06-18-2024
Huh? I've been right about most every NFL take for years. Especially Denver and KC related. I can clown you on Jaguar topics as well now I guess. Jacksonville will not win a title with Barbie and that proves me correct.
Most teams won't win a title when a juggernaut like Mahomes is blocking their path. The Utah Jazz weren't wrong to pay Malone because he couldn't get past MJ. (No, Lawrence is not Malone)

No wonder you think you have every take correct if this is the kind of standard you use for proof.
[Reply]
Kiimo 09:07 AM 06-18-2024

lmao in this take alone you are wrong. You do not pay QBs based on if they can win a title. You try for a title, you hope for the best.

But if you paid QBs based on if they can win a title like four guys would get contracts.

Like this post alone shows you don't have a fundamental understanding how this works. So lol, lmao even, dare I say lmfao
[Reply]
PAChiefsGuy 11:32 AM 06-18-2024
Originally Posted by gordonelloyd:
This is a strategy that clearly can work. Nearly worked for San Francisco last year (let’s face it we were lucky) and I expect Detroit or San Francisco will be at a competitive Super Bowl with us again this year. Philadelphia is the other possibility in my mind. I can’t see Tampa Bay.

I could see Lawrence working with this strong supporting cast strategy, but I can’t see Daniel Jones.

And how much is Lawrence being overpaid? Detroit gave Geoff 212,000,000 over four years so 53 million a year. Pretty much the same as Lawrence. Philadelphia gave Hurts 51 million a year (255,000,000 over five years) but that was last year and prices have gone up. So I think Lawrence is just being paid the going rate for QB that have potential to win a Super Bowl if you give them a good enough supporting cast.

I think the real issue is the supporting cast. Jacksonville has not come close to matching San Francisco, Detroit or Philadelphia. There was the urban Myers total disaster year. In 2022 they passed on Hutchinson and drafted Walker at DE. And overall, they just have not had the exceptional drafting and teambuilding that Detroit, San Francisco, and Philadelphia have enjoyed.

Fortunately, the Chiefs not only have Mahomes, but also have had great drafts to give him a strong enough supporting cast — although it was a close thing last year with our WR room.
I'll take Goff, Hurts, and Purdy over Lawrence any day. Maybe I'm wrong but I just don't see it with Lawrence. Granted I've only watched him play for the most part against KC and a few other games here and there. Never been impressed as far as comparing him to other great NFL QBs.

What is good for the Jags is they have Doug Peterson who is pretty good with QBs and he is a creative playcaller similar to Reid. Maybe he can turn him into a great QB but if you look at almost all of his numbers thus far they are pedestrian and there's no denying that. They have to be paying based off potental and the salary cap continuing to go up. They are rolling the dice big time here. We will see how it goes.
[Reply]
Mecca 12:25 PM 06-18-2024
Originally Posted by PAChiefsGuy:
I'll take Goff, Hurts, and Purdy over Lawrence any day. Maybe I'm wrong but I just don't see it with Lawrence. Granted I've only watched him play for the most part against KC and a few other games here and there. Never been impressed as far as comparing him to other great NFL QBs.

What is good for the Jags is they have Doug Peterson who is pretty good with QBs and he is a creative playcaller similar to Reid. Maybe he can turn him into a great QB but if you look at almost all of his numbers thus far they are pedestrian and there's no denying that. They have to be paying based off potental and the salary cap continuing to go up. They are rolling the dice big time here. We will see how it goes.
Those guys have better supporting casts...

The minute Purdy gets paid SF is gonna suck hard.
[Reply]
Gravedigger 12:38 PM 06-18-2024
So easy to be a slightly above average QB and take advantage of a desperate franchise nowadays.
[Reply]
Mecca 12:49 PM 06-18-2024
Originally Posted by Gravedigger:
So easy to be a slightly above average QB and take advantage of a desperate franchise nowadays.
Have you seen how terrible some of the QB situations are?

None of those guys wanna go 1-16 because they decided "well because this guy isn't Mahomes just flush it"
[Reply]
ThaVirus 12:52 PM 06-18-2024
Originally Posted by Mecca:

None of those guys wanna go 1-16 because they decided "well because this guy isn't Mahomes just flush it"
Yep. Think about all of the mediocre QBs who have gotten close to winning Super Bowls in recent times just because they were on a stacked team, got lucky, etc. Purdy, Garropolo, and Hurts immediately come to mind.

Lawrence is still young anyway. He’s still only 24. He has a lot of room to grow. I’m not saying he will, but his career is far from over.
[Reply]
staylor26 12:56 PM 06-18-2024
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
Yep. Think about all of the mediocre QBs who have gotten close to winning Super Bowls in recent times just because they were on a stacked team, got lucky, etc. Purdy, Garropolo, and Hurts immediately come to mind.

Lawrence is still young anyway. He’s still only 24. He has a lot of room to grow. I’m not saying he will, but his career is far from over.
Pretty hard to do when you're paying elite QB money.

I totally understand paying Lawrence, but people pretending that's not going to be a problem for the team barring a HUGE jump are just fooling themselves.
[Reply]
Gravedigger 12:58 PM 06-18-2024
Originally Posted by Mecca:

I know but in the end the 49ers played it right, wasting draft picks, spending it on Mister Irrelevant, always in the playoffs or right around it. If Pat Mahomes was in his fourth year and hadn't accomplished anything up until that point to where we missed the days of Alex Smith, I would tell Andy to walk away and try his luck elsewhere next year.
[Reply]
Mecca 01:02 PM 06-18-2024
Originally Posted by Gravedigger:
I know but in the end the 49ers played it right, wasting draft picks, spending it on Mister Irrelevant, always in the playoffs or right around it. If Pat Mahomes was in his fourth year and hadn't accomplished anything up until that point to where we missed the days of Alex Smith, I would tell Andy to walk away and try his luck elsewhere next year.
You're example is 1 of EXTREME luck. That's like thinking on you got Brady in the 6th.

You can't just use a team that got lucky as the 1 that got it right. It's not a repeatable strategy. Imagine being in a meeting and going "So bro my strategy is to take a QB in the 7th round because look at Brock Purdy"
[Reply]
Page 10 of 12
« First < 678910 1112 >
Up