ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 10 of 13
« First < 678910 111213 >
Nzoner's Game Room>So Bill Self knew . . . . ?
TomBarndtsTwin 02:56 PM 10-15-2018
So Coach Self knew about Adidas paying players to come to Kansas??

Article on ESPN.com front page:

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-bas...sa-recruitment

Another new article from ESPN:

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-bas...oach-bill-self
[Reply]
Mr. Plow 12:53 PM 10-17-2018
Originally Posted by Pasta Giant Meatball:
Of course he knows. Without $$$$ to recruits they are beaker football.
Shouldn't you be in the Broncos thread complaining about the thin air or something?
[Reply]
ChiefaRoo 05:27 PM 10-17-2018
Originally Posted by Fansy the Famous Bard:
You know it's sad when someone is jealous of KU's having a football team (if that's what we want to call it).
Sit down boy.
[Reply]
Pablo 06:00 PM 10-17-2018
Originally Posted by Mr. Plow:
Shouldn't you be in the Broncos thread complaining about the thin air or something?
KU Ba$ketball!

How much money do you think the mutts spent on MPJ to get him to play ball at that shithole?

Probably a pretty penny, only for him to ride the bench and come back soft and injured. Then ruin the chemistry their scrap heap reject players had worked on building all season while he cashed checks riding pine and stringing them along.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 06:05 PM 10-17-2018
Originally Posted by Pablo:
KU Ba$ketball!

How much money do you think the mutts spent on MPJ to get him to play ball at that shithole?

Probably a pretty penny, only for him to ride the bench and come back soft and injured. Then ruin the chemistry their scrap heap reject players had worked on building all season while he cashed checks riding pine and stringing them along.
Actually, we hired his daddy and the powers of nepotism brought him to Mizzou.
[Reply]
Pants 08:14 PM 10-17-2018
Originally Posted by Pasta Giant Meatball:
Of course he knows. Without $$$$ to recruits they are beaker football.
Don't be salty just because you're a fan of a school with zero tradition and even less national presence. At least you're not a WSU fan.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 08:30 PM 10-17-2018
Originally Posted by Pablo:
KU Ba$ketball!

Of course, that was all above board.

On the subject of paying players, if you have to do that to win, what exactly are you “winning?”
[Reply]
ChiefaRoo 08:30 PM 10-17-2018
Originally Posted by Pants:
Don't be salty just because you're a fan of a school with zero tradition and even less national presence. At least you're not a WSU fan.
Lolz
[Reply]
ROYC75 08:37 PM 10-17-2018
The haters couldn't beat us on a regular basis so now hey want the book thrown at us because KU might be caught.

Makes me wonder what they would say if their program got caught doing the same thing, even if it's on a smaller ( $$ ) scale?
[Reply]
ChiefaRoo 08:42 PM 10-17-2018
Originally Posted by ROYC75:
The haters couldn't beat us on a regular basis so now hey want the book thrown at us because KU might be caught.

Makes me wonder what they would say if their program got caught doing the same thing, even if it's on a smaller ( $$ ) scale?
Death Penalty. Come on Death Penalty
[Reply]
BWillie 10:23 PM 10-17-2018
Originally Posted by ChiefaRoo:
Death Penalty. Come on Death Penalty
What does this even mean?
[Reply]
Imon Yourside 10:38 PM 10-17-2018
Originally Posted by BWillie:
Anyone who roots for and or is associated with that team gets a lethal injection. It's a barbaric tool that was used back in the middle ages but it's making a strong comeback.
[Reply]
Buehler445 10:57 PM 10-17-2018
Originally Posted by BWillie:
Don't feed the trolls.
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 04:39 AM 10-18-2018
Originally Posted by ROYC75:

You mean like VanVleets name showing up as getting cash for going to WSU?
[Reply]
ChiTown 06:30 AM 10-18-2018
I’ve watched this stuff, first hand for several years. My oldest Son played AAU BASKETBALL and we travelled throughout the Country playing tournaments in front of College Coaches and “handlers”. The College institutions themselves NEVER offer any money to the players. That stuff is handled through intermediaries - almost no exceptions that I’m aware of.

I don’t see any way possible how ku gets in trouble over this. Is it a bad look for the Program? Sure. But, there are enough layers between them and the player (really the Family of the Player), where it makes it difficult for the NCAA to get involved and penalize ku. The flip side to this conversation is that ANYONE thinking ku runs a clean Program and Self is above all this is high AF. This is the standard protocol to compete for the high level prospects on the AAU circuit. It’s how the game is played. Period.
[Reply]
Jerm 06:33 AM 10-18-2018
I wonder how college football and college basketball compare on the sleaze spectrum...both are just awful off the field/court.
[Reply]
Page 10 of 13
« First < 678910 111213 >
Up