ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 10 of 15
« First < 678910 11121314 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Open Carry
George Liquor 06:16 PM 06-01-2024
Originally Posted by jdubya:
A sharp knife in the hands of someone with basic anatomy knowledge in close quarters is as dangerous as anything. Tueller was onto something

On another note Id recommend keeping a gun anywhere but a glove box. If you are ever approached by LEO, a gun in the glove box is a disaster waiting to happen. Too easy a chance for miscommunication lol
I would plan on communicating clearly that I have a firearm in my glove box and ask him how he wants me to proceed. But I haven't been pulled over in almost 20 years so I'm not super concerned with that.
[Reply]
jdubya 07:39 PM 06-01-2024
Originally Posted by bdj23:
I would plan on communicating clearly that I have a firearm in my glove box and ask him how he wants me to proceed. But I haven't been pulled over in almost 20 years so I'm not super concerned with that.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=k6tANLJEmRw
[Reply]
HemiEd 05:21 AM 06-02-2024
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=k6tANLJEmRw
That was an interesting watch. Back in the day, when I got pulled over by an officer of the law for speeding (often), I would immediately get out of my car to show myself. It wasn't long before I learned that was not a good thing to do.
[Reply]
DenverChief 02:15 PM 06-02-2024
A sharp knife in the hands of someone with basic anatomy knowledge in close quarters is as dangerous as anything. Tueller was onto something

On another note Id recommend keeping a gun anywhere but a glove box. If you are ever approached by LEO, a gun in the glove box is a disaster waiting to happen. Too easy a chance for miscommunication lol
<

I'll find the full body camera release - it's pretty gut wrenching - knives even in the hands of an amateur are dangerous
[Reply]
DenverChief 02:19 PM 06-02-2024
****VERY GRAPHIC*****

[Reply]
BIG K 07:52 PM 06-01-2024
Originally Posted by HemiEd:

I am pro gun and all for peoples rights, but why? Why does someone feel they need to be packing heat while running errands?
Valid question. As from California, there is no open carry of course. As an ex Sheriff, I maintain a CCW. My wife used to ridicule me for carrying on errands, dates and trips to the supermarket or Walmart.

During one of many vacations outside of California, we missed the Walmart shooting at El Paso Texas on August 3,2019 by about twenty minutes. We did not receive any prior warning this was going to happen. That's the point.

If you are sane, legally allowed to own a firearm, you should be allowed to carry. No one is going to give you advance notice of a mass shooting. You should be allowed to protect yourself and your family.
[Reply]
Delano 07:56 PM 06-01-2024
Originally Posted by BIG K:
Valid question. As from California, there is no open carry of course. As an ex Sheriff, I maintain a CCW. My wife used to ridicule me for carrying on errands, dates and trips to the supermarket or Walmart.

During one of many vacations outside of California, we missed the Walmart shooting at El Paso Texas on August 3,2019 by about twenty minutes. We did not receive any prior warning this was going to happen. That's the point.

If you are sane, legally allowed to own a firearm, you should be allowed to carry. No one is going to give you advance notice of a mass shooting. You should be allowed to protect yourself and your family.
You can start protecting your family by not going to Walmart.
[Reply]
BIG K 08:01 PM 06-01-2024
Originally Posted by Delano:
You can start protecting your family by not going to Walmart.
Just Walmart or any place in public?
[Reply]
Delano 08:05 PM 06-01-2024
Originally Posted by BIG K:
Just Walmart or any place in public?
Places with abnormally high percentages of low IQ hoopleheads. Walmart, Dollar General, trap houses/Wendler’s neighborhood and the DC forum.
[Reply]
BIG K 08:08 PM 06-01-2024
Nice!
[Reply]
Otter 08:07 PM 06-01-2024
Doesn't even phase me.
[Reply]
Pablo 08:41 PM 06-01-2024
I'd never open carry. You're the guy in the neon clown wig in that army lineup meme.

Just assume you're always being recorded and half the people around you have a weapon in very close reach. An armed society is a polite society after all.
[Reply]
InChiefsHeaven 08:57 PM 06-01-2024
Open carry is legal in Nebraska, and has been for a long time. But I can honestly say I've never seen anyone do it. We just made carrying in any way legal in Nebraska. So, open or concealed, it's legal.

I've been a Concealed carry permit holder for about 9 years or so. I would never carry openly, it just seems weird to do that. But, if I saw someone open carry, I would not be concerned. The fact that they are walking around with it in the open pretty much tells me they are not going to go on a rampage. I mean, they could, but I seriously doubt it.

But me, no way. I don't want anyone knowing I'm carrying. Fuck around and find out I guess.
[Reply]
jdubya 11:26 PM 06-01-2024
Originally Posted by InChiefsHeaven:
Open carry is legal in Nebraska, and has been for a long time. But I can honestly say I've never seen anyone do it. We just made carrying in any way legal in Nebraska. So, open or concealed, it's legal.

I've been a Concealed carry permit holder for about 9 years or so. I would never carry openly, it just seems weird to do that. But, if I saw someone open carry, I would not be concerned. The fact that they are walking around with it in the open pretty much tells me they are not going to go on a rampage. I mean, they could, but I seriously doubt it.

But me, no way. I don't want anyone knowing I'm carrying. **** around and find out I guess.
Im a hunter in Ca and if I have to stay at a motel I put my rifle or shotgun in a case and I am completely hiding the fact I am carrying hardware. When I am in Nevada , Idaho or Montana......I can carry my rifle or shotgun on a sling on my shoulder and nobody even blinks. In many areas of Ca I would make people faint in terror
[Reply]
HemiEd 05:10 AM 06-02-2024
Originally Posted by InChiefsHeaven:

But me, no way. I don't want anyone knowing I'm carrying. **** around and find out I guess.
After absorbing the information in this thread, with so much wisdom on the subject, I won't either now.
It was just coincidental I guess, seeing the two consecutive open carry guys on back to back trips to town, after not seeing any in our town the last 13 years. The two couples in the Mexican restaurant were in Kansas.
I am always on a mission to get shit done when going and pay virtually no attention to others, unless I see someone that needs help, but these two triggered my attention. Especially the second guy, as gun safety was taught to me at an early age by my Father and Boy Scouts.
[Reply]
Page 10 of 15
« First < 678910 11121314 > Last »
Up