ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 10 of 20
« First < 678910 11121314 > Last »
Media Center>FOX & MacFarlane's The Orville
DaneMcCloud 11:49 AM 10-14-2017
Originally Posted by aturnis:
Can't get him to watch Star Wars(weird I know)
My 7 year old (at the time) couldn't get into Star Wars movies, either, so I introduced Star Wars: The Clone Wars animated series on Netflix and we both totally loved it.

After that, we moved on to Star Wars Rebels: Season One, then to the movies.

I showed the movies out of order as to not spoil Darth Vader's true identity.
[Reply]
cooper barrett 12:39 PM 10-14-2017
I watch it after everything else so I have not seen E6 but I will say that it lacks something, not sure what, but maybe it could be cured by making a casting change. Mercer's ex wife does nothing for me or my sense of humor but she does look sweet in pics...

[IMG]
Image: Not Safe for Work
[/IMG]

[Reply]
Bowser 04:37 PM 10-14-2017
Cool, more for the rest of us.
[Reply]
keg in kc 07:12 AM 10-15-2017
Liked this week's.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 08:08 AM 10-15-2017
Originally Posted by keg in kc:
Liked this week's.
yeah, its getting better. They seem to be getting their legs under them, finding the right mix of McFarland humor to throw into this 2017 version of Star Trek.
[Reply]
Frazod 12:36 PM 10-15-2017
Got caught up with the season last night. I'm enjoying it. The wife really likes it as well.
[Reply]
GayFrogs 06:41 AM 10-25-2017
Finished the first 3 episodes. It's been great, even if the 3rd episode is sort of preachy (I think it played both sides well honestly) it was nothing compared to how some TNG episodes had zero subtlety in their messages. One bright spot is the pilot starting off as a cringy douche in the first episode but becomes the loveable retard later on.
[Reply]
MTG#10 02:45 PM 10-25-2017
Did they skip a week?
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 02:57 PM 10-25-2017
Originally Posted by MTG#10:
Did they skip a week?
It’s in repeats until the World Series is over.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 08:21 AM 10-27-2017
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
It’s in repeats until the World Series is over.
Oops, I guess not. Weird. Must have been a last minute decision.
[Reply]
RealSNR 10:26 PM 10-26-2017
Tonight's was decent, even if it was another commentary on upvote/downvote culture. Black Mirror had that one new episode, and even Community did a similar thing with castes of society based on your social rating. The Orville put a really cool different spin on it. I liked it.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 09:12 AM 10-27-2017
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
Tonight's was decent, even if it was another commentary on upvote/downvote culture. Black Mirror had that one new episode, and even Community did a similar thing with castes of society based on your social rating. The Orville put a really cool different spin on it. I liked it.
Reminded me of the old Star Trek episode of the half black and white people. This episode was a little heavy handed on the "like" social commentary but it was okay. Not my favorite episode so far.
[Reply]
Bowser 09:54 AM 10-29-2017
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
I did too, after I was done with it. While I was watching it I thought it was pushing the "super preachy" boundaries, but after it was over I felt it was more of a critique of today's society and how people get flamed for not falling into lock step with the popular opinion of the moment. Solid episode.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 01:24 AM 10-30-2017
Originally Posted by Bowser:
I did too, after I was done with it. While I was watching it I thought it was pushing the "super preachy" boundaries, but after it was over I felt it was more of a critique of today's society and how people get flamed for not falling into lock step with the popular opinion of the moment. Solid episode.
I’ve chosen to “unplug” from Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.

I actually feel a tangible difference since doing so, as I’m no longer constantly bombarded with opinions that I didn’t request.

And yet CP has decided to go Upvote/Downvote.

Irony at its finest.
[Reply]
Frazod 02:52 PM 11-02-2017
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
I’ve chosen to “unplug” from Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.

I actually feel a tangible difference since doing so, as I’m no longer constantly bombarded with opinions that I didn’t request.

And yet CP has decided to go Upvote/Downvote.

Irony at its finest.
Now that I'm unbanned I can contain the bulk of my political discussion to DC, and I tend to keep my Facebook stuff upbeat, happy and (mostly) non-offensive. I simply unfollow people who can't keep annoying shit to themselves, and hide anything I don't care to see, and generally refrain from venturing outside my little safe zone. There are probably less than a dozen people that I regularly interact with there.

Never did Instagram, and I fucking loathe Twitter.
[Reply]
Page 10 of 20
« First < 678910 11121314 > Last »
Up