ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 6 of 6
« First < 23456
Nzoner's Game Room>Official Euro 2024 Thread - The "It's Coming Home" Edition
Womble 11:55 AM 06-14-2024

Tournament starts in just over an hour with the jocks up against the boche who are hosting the tournament.

Pre tournament odds:

Ing-ger-laand!! Score some facking goals.

Ps. I used the 'football' prefix because 'soccer' isn't a real thing. Football is football.
[Reply]
MarkDavis'Haircut 12:15 PM Yesterday
Big upset for Slovakia.
[Reply]
JPH83 12:36 PM Yesterday
Originally Posted by TripleThreat:
Lmao I didn’t even notice he didn’t make the squad for this tournament. That just even further proves my point haha my god.
We've got some very good players but it's the first time trying to build around Bellingham with a high press. Good chance it goes badly wrong this tournament but for rhe next World Cup it could be very good.
[Reply]
TripleThreat 01:00 PM Yesterday
Originally Posted by JPH83:
We've got some very good players but it's the first time trying to build around Bellingham with a high press. Good chance it goes badly wrong this tournament but for rhe next World Cup it could be very good.
Last World Cup was already our “trial” run. This cup with South America is not the trial run tbh, but is the predecessor of what is to come with the World Cup… if we suck in this tournament, we will suck in the World Cup and all this outside perimeter flanking shit with our left and right backs is exposed.

I think we have a unique concept of how we attack teams, but we already used this formula in the last WC
[Reply]
POND_OF_RED 01:44 PM Yesterday
Lmao I didn’t even notice he didn’t make the squad for this tournament. That just even further proves my point haha my god.
It’s crazy to think with all that talent they still are unable to ever beat us in anything other than a friendly. Just goes to show now much mental dominance we have over that country.
[Reply]
POND_OF_RED 01:52 PM Yesterday
Last World Cup was already our “trial” run. This cup with South America is not the trial run tbh, but is the predecessor of what is to come with the World Cup… if we suck in this tournament, we will suck in the World Cup and all this outside perimeter flanking shit with our left and right backs is exposed.

I think we have a unique concept of how we attack teams, but we already used this formula in the last WC
Losing Dest should change our perimeter flanking tactics a bit, but it won’t because we still have Berhalter coaching. Getting Tyler Adam’s back to full strength should really help this team. I definitely worry about our fullbacks defensively, though. We obviously still have no striker. If we can get one of those somehow in the next couple years we could definitely compete with almost anyone.
[Reply]
JPH83 02:11 PM Yesterday
Originally Posted by POND_OF_RED:
It’s crazy to think with all that talent they still are unable to ever beat us in anything other than a friendly. Just goes to show now much mental dominance we have over that country.
We play to the level of competition.
[Reply]
JPH83 02:19 PM Yesterday

Sometimes it just clicks. Sometimes the formation and play style is right and the players wrong, and vice versa. For England for decades we were less than the sum of our parts, then it became apparent we just...weren't very good. Then we briefly overachieved for the quality of players and now we've got a pretty strong group of players BUT, I suspect we're 2 or 3 players away from really competing.

Are there any personnel changes that might make it click for the US? For the UK I think it's probably switching out Foden at least. Top player but totally wasted
[Reply]
Womble 02:49 PM Yesterday
Get the fuck up Mbappe you pussy. This is what a real head injury looks like and Butcher put in a shift afterwards.

[Reply]
TripleThreat 02:54 PM Yesterday
Funny how again same situation, giroud would be our star striker and he comes on for France at 90 lol… it sucks that we haven’t had a good striker since altidore.
[Reply]
TripleThreat 02:55 PM Yesterday
Sometimes it just clicks. Sometimes the formation and play style is right and the players wrong, and vice versa. For England for decades we were less than the sum of our parts, then it became apparent we just...weren't very good. Then we briefly overachieved for the quality of players and now we've got a pretty strong group of players BUT, I suspect we're 2 or 3 players away from really competing.

Are there any personnel changes that might make it click for the US? For the UK I think it's probably switching out Foden at least. Top player but totally wasted
England are good, they just play down when playing opponents.US are missing a true #9 and good center backs.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 03:04 PM Yesterday
I really thought France would wipe the floor there, I know they are going to reflect in the locker room.
[Reply]
POND_OF_RED 03:31 PM Yesterday
We play to the level of competition.
I wouldn’t say you play to the level of competition when you haven’t lifted a trophy in over half a century. It also doesn’t really explain the loss to our group of amateur players at the World Cup. I’d say it’s more appropriate to say they just never live up to the hype during actual competitions.
[Reply]
Page 6 of 6
« First < 23456
Up