ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Nzoner's Game Room>Commercial Rental Repairs
Holladay 09:13 PM 06-13-2024
My last renters left a week ago. Everything looks good for normal wear and tear.

With one exception: They left holes in the walls. Not little nail holes to hang a picture, but the holes they drill out to insert those plastic wall mounts and insert a screw ~8 mm wide. There are 34 of these. It will take awhile to mud in and re-paint, if I can match the color or re-paint the whole dang wall.

Is that considered "Normal Wear and Tear"? I know to read the Agreement, but it is loose. I assume, bad idea, that there is a "Normal Wear and Tear" clause. I have not confirmed that.

I am trying to finalize the agreement but really don't want to have to mess/fix the holes on my dime. But I don't want to dick with it either.

CP to the rescue.....
[Reply]
ReynardMuldrake 04:24 PM 06-14-2024
Can't you just putty over them and call it a day? I wouldn't even bother taking the anchors out. Every place I've moved into has had weird bumps or painted screws in the walls. I consider that fairly normal.
[Reply]
threebag 08:37 PM 06-14-2024
If they were good renters, I’d just fix it and go on. Good vibes drink better than excess bullshit. They didn’t have dogs that bark all the time and car loads on Saturday nights, they good :-)
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 08:23 AM 06-15-2024
This is pretty easy to handle if you are upfront about this at the beginning of the lease. I put clear expectations in my lease when it comes to what is allowed for wall hangings. I give them a supply of 3m hooks on day one. If they require anything more it requires permission. I also put in the lease any monitor or tv hanging must be done through me. I buy the mount and charge them to install it. The mount is theirs if they move out and this also covers any future repairs. This charge between $150 and $250 depending on the mount and future repair to bring back to normal. If they do a mount on their own, they know the cost will be higher when they move out. I also do a video walkthrough now with their presence clearly in the video, I email this to them along with the signed lease so it is time stamped in email and this is very clear what needs to be fixed when doing the final walkthrough when they are moving out.
[Reply]
scho63 08:49 AM 06-15-2024
Originally Posted by displacedinMN:
Our farmhouse renter----died. His wife wants out but I have no idea where she will go (not that I care) They were barely making rent at our house.

Worried what the inside of the house looks like.

We are trying to decide what to do with the farmstead. So many issues and feelings.
Is she hawt? You can exchange the rent for sex. You would be doing the poor widow a favor. :-)
[Reply]
displacedinMN 09:27 AM 06-15-2024
Originally Posted by scho63:
Is she hawt? You can exchange the rent for sex. You would be doing the poor widow a favor.
Lord God not even close.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
[Reply]
scho63 10:18 AM 06-15-2024
Originally Posted by displacedinMN:
Lord God not even close.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
Looks like it's time to kick a widow to the curb!
[Reply]
threebag 03:28 PM 06-15-2024
Originally Posted by scho63:
Looks like it's time to kick a widow to the curb!
Go throw a hot dog down her hallway, scho.
[Reply]
FlaChief58 04:51 PM 06-15-2024
Shitty tenants are the price of doing business. Fiz the holes and clean up the language in your lease agreement.
[Reply]
HemiEd 05:56 AM 06-16-2024
Interesting thread. I agree with the $10 per hole charge. Fucking paint is not cheap anymore.

Our one experience with renting out a property was horrible, thus we sold the place.

We thought we vetted these people pretty well, but among other things, they didn't hire a trash service.

Instead, they just put their trash in the 24x24 garage and it was full of trash and bugs when they moved on after a year and a half. :-)
[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up