ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 65 of 65
« First < 15556162636465
Nzoner's Game Room>*****Official 2024 Royals Season Repository Thread*****
ChiefsCountry 11:36 AM 01-01-2024

Year Two of the Matt Quatraro tenure. Time to take a step up this year. Active in free agency and trades this offseason. A new look pitching rotation and bullpen. Will the young players take the leap up offensively? Bobby Witt extension? New stadium? Will Vinny recover from injury? Salvy taking aim at the Royals record book? Will Cole Ragans turn into the best Royals starting pitcher since Greinke 1.0?

Free Agents/Trades Acquisitions
Seth Lugo, SP
Michael Wacha, SP
Kyle Wright, SP
Hunter Renfroe, OF/DH
Will Smith, RP
Chris Stratton, RP
Nick Anderson, RP
Adam Frazier, 2B
Garrett Hampson, INF/OF
Matt Sauer, RP
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 11:42 AM Today
What would it take to get Mason Miller? Also, the Ferminator needs to be playing every day. Have him and Salvy switch every so often with DH and Catching
[Reply]
Fansy the Famous Bard 12:18 PM Today
Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE!:
What would it take to get Mason Miller? Also, the Ferminator needs to be playing every day. Have him and Salvy switch every so often with DH and Catching
Re:Mason Miller - Probably quite a bit. He's 25, Was rated as their #2 prospect headed into the season, has 5 years of control beyond this season, has been lights out coming out of the bullpen, and they see him as a starter long term.

That is what i would call "a pipe dream".
[Reply]
Nightfyre 01:43 PM Today
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
Gavin Cross turning back into what they thought he was going to be would be one hell of a boost for 2025 and beyond.

Overall, the minor leagues have had a pretty nice start to the season. KC has some trade chips it could use now.

C.J. Alexander, Chandler Champlain, Bubic, Lynch, Noah Cameron, Eric Cerantola, even Nick Loftin... all pieces that could have some nice value in trade.

The teams that are bad don't really have much to offer for the most glaring need - a LH-hitting OF with some pop - but bullpen reinforcement is always an option.
Obviously, the Royals will continue to give these vets they signed some leash - but what do you think ends up happening with the following players:
Adam Frazier
Garrett Hampson
Hunter Renfroe
Michael Wacha

I guess I see Frazier as a placeholder on the 25 man, which could be replaced by any bat they feel like they would want to bring in given Hampsons defensive versatility.

I also wonder if the Royals don't bring back Bubic or Lynch and move Wacha to the pen?

Finally, Hunter Renfroe is a guy you could straight DFA if you found a strong defensive OF bat.
[Reply]
Why Not? 03:17 PM Today
Originally Posted by Nightfyre:
Obviously, the Royals will continue to give these vets they signed some leash - but what do you think ends up happening with the following players:
Adam Frazier
Garrett Hampson
Hunter Renfroe
Michael Wacha

I guess I see Frazier as a placeholder on the 25 man, which could be replaced by any bat they feel like they would want to bring in given Hampsons defensive versatility.

I also wonder if the Royals don't bring back Bubic or Lynch and move Wacha to the pen?

Finally, Hunter Renfroe is a guy you could straight DFA if you found a strong defensive OF bat.

Frazier and Hampson are what they are and will be those guys (depth, role players, day off givers, etc) for the rest of the season. I guess if some blockbuster gets pulled off, Frazier could be DFA. Hampson is the type of guy you want around due to, as you mentioned, his versatility. Wacha has been much better lately and won't be moved anywhere anytime soon. Renfroe is pretty worthless and unless he hits a major resurgence, looks like a dude who is washed.
[Reply]
cmh6476 07:34 PM Today
does anyone know what the deal is with lyles?
[Reply]
GabyKeepsMeWarm 07:52 PM Today
Originally Posted by cmh6476:
does anyone know what the deal is with lyles?
No, and that's probably a good thing. It's between him and the club, and it's likely pretty serious. Remember when Ben Zobrist took his extended leave?
[Reply]
Ocotillo 09:52 PM Today
This is how the White Sox lost tonight.

Not a great way to end a ballgame pic.twitter.com/qZlIkutWa2

— Travis Sawchik (@Travis_Sawchik) May 24, 2024

[Reply]
Page 65 of 65
« First < 15556162636465
Up