ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 34 of 34
« First < 243031323334
Media Center>The Boys (Amazon)
BigRichard 07:09 PM 04-17-2019
This looks great and I love Karl Urban in everything he shows up in .

[Red Band Trailer] F*ck superheroes. Why? Because when people score limitless power, they become a**holes. Drunk with power and fame. That’s where The Boys come in. from u/TheBoysTV

[Reply]
staylor26 01:01 PM Today
Originally Posted by Mecca:
What I said wasn't even a defense of the show, it's what happened. If you take that as a defense, that's on you.
So what exactly did you mean by this:

Originally Posted by :
When Antony Starr is doing interviews basically saying if you love Homelander you're a moron that is missing the point of the character and the show..yea
Also, I didn't say a defense of the show. I'm talking about defending their position, because you don't seem to get it either.
[Reply]
Mecca 01:04 PM Today
Originally Posted by staylor26:
So what exactly did you mean by this:
Yea, yea as in reference to this is why this happened. They felt their message went over a bunch of people's heads so they are more completely on the nose with it now. It's echoed by Starr's interviews and comments on Homelander.
[Reply]
staylor26 01:09 PM Today
Yea, yea as in reference to this is why this happened. They felt their message went over a bunch of people's heads so they are more completely on the nose with it now. It's echoed by Starr's interviews and comments on Homelander.
And yet people STILL love Homelander and are watching mostly because he's one of the greatest villains in TV history.

So do you agree with me that they're dumb for not understanding how any of this works?
[Reply]
Mecca 01:19 PM Today
Originally Posted by staylor26:
And yet people STILL love Homelander and are watching mostly because he's one of the greatest villains in TV history.

So do you agree with me that they're dumb for not understanding how any of this works?
The show isn't as good as it use to be, they're far more focused on telling a bunch of people that watch that show "you're dumb for thinking this character rules"

It was like they decided we infantilized him in season 1, in season 2 we had him fuck a literal Nazi and people still think he's great...so fuck it we're gonna make him Trump to tell all these people they suck.

It's made the show worse in all reality.
[Reply]
staylor26 01:21 PM Today
The show isn't as good as it use to be, they're far more focused on telling a bunch of people that watch that show "you're dumb for thinking this character rules"

It was like they decided we infantilized him in season 1, in season 2 we had him fuck a literal Nazi and people still think he's great...so fuck it we're gonna make him Trump to tell all these people they suck.

It's made the show worse in all reality.
And it hasn't succeeded in making people hate Homelander either. If anything, they should've leaned into it.
[Reply]
BleedingRed 01:36 PM Today
Bro i watch for Butcher and Homelander period
[Reply]
staylor26 01:38 PM Today
Originally Posted by BleedingRed:
100%.

That's why I couldn't care less about Frenchie's new bf who's family he killed storyline, or Hughie's mom coming back into his life storyline.

I'd argue that Jeffrey Dean Morgan's character is the third most interesting this season, and he's new with little to no screen time so far.
[Reply]
notorious 01:44 PM Today
Originally Posted by BleedingRed:
Yep.
[Reply]
notorious 01:49 PM Today
Butcher is my favorite. He dominates every scene he’s in.

Urban is a fantastic actor.
[Reply]
staylor26 02:37 PM Today
Originally Posted by notorious:
Butcher is my favorite. He dominates every scene he’s in.

Urban is a fantastic actor.
He's my personal favorite as well, but Homelander is still the best character on the show.
[Reply]
Bowser 03:54 PM Today
Originally Posted by ThrobProng:
Last night was the first time I sided with Homelander.

Spoiler!
Agreed.

But man, that whole sequence was dark as fuck. And I can't lie.....I'm really looking forward to what Homelander does next now that he's had that huge episode of catharsis.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 06:08 PM Today
Homelander is definitely the best character on the show, though Soldier Boy was a great show stealer. Is he returning at all? I love me some Jensen Ackles.
[Reply]
notorious 07:10 PM Today
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
Homelander is definitely the best character on the show, though Soldier Boy was a great show stealer. Is he returning at all? I love me some Jensen Ackles.
Soldier Boy loves his cocaine and grandmas. :-)

Another awesome character.
[Reply]
BleedingRed 08:46 PM Today
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
His arc was so good, as in he didn’t change once since you met him. He’s always a piece of shit. The motivations for how you want to see that season play out into making him the bad guy. But he never changed
[Reply]
Page 34 of 34
« First < 243031323334
Up