ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 180 of 180
« First < 80130170176177178179180
Nzoner's Game Room>***Official 2023-2024 NBA Thread***
dirk digler 04:43 PM 10-24-2023
Can't believe the NBA Season is starting tonight. Way to early but here we go.

Lakers vs Nuggets: 6:30PM

Suns vs Warriors: 9PM

Both on TNT
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 02:44 PM Today
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
I have no idea. I barely remember the guy when he was a player. He was decent, as I recall. If I had a take, it would be that his lack of experience is going to prevent him from winning a Ring in LA. But who knows? The NBA at this point is much more about the players and their individual talent than it is about team chemistry/scheme/coaching so maybe he'll just ride a good team to the Finals.
An NBA head coach is like defense at 1b.

A great one doesn't get you much. A bad one can ruin everything.

If Reddick is even average, that's going to be enough for the talent to do...well whatever the talent says it should do.

But Ham wasn't average. He actively impeded the team's ability to get the most out of its talent with weird rotations and a nothing system on offense. He was a bad coach.

I think Redick can be better than Ham on day 1. But do I think he'll get a ring in LA? No - because the Lakers aren't as talented as probably 3 or 4 teams out of the West or the Celtics out of the East (the rest of the East is lousy).
[Reply]
KC_Connection 02:44 PM Today
I'm not sure LeBron cracks the top-5. And MJ was far more athletically gifted/talented than LeBron ever was. LeBron is one of the best players in history, yes, but he's overrated at this point. I can't put him above Kobe, or Bird, or Wilt. Probably not above Bill Russell either.
:-)
[Reply]
KC_Connection 03:33 PM Today

BREAKING: The Chicago Bulls are trading two-time All-Defensive guard Alex Caruso to the Oklahoma City Thunder for guard Josh Giddey, sources tell ESPN. pic.twitter.com/V3t12MA3Uo

— Adrian Wojnarowski (@wojespn) June 20, 2024

OKC just got way better. Giddey is trash and Caruso is one of the better defenders in the league.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 04:01 PM Today
I'm not sure LeBron cracks the top-5. And MJ was far more athletically gifted/talented than LeBron ever was. LeBron is one of the best players in history, yes, but he's overrated at this point. I can't put him above Kobe, or Bird, or Wilt. Probably not above Bill Russell either.
I think a lot of that is recency bias. I think people forget how flat out unstoppable lebron was in his prime. And a lot of that value came in unglamorous ways like his ability to distribute, rebound and play defense. Really the biggest thing getting in his way from being GOAT is he didn’t have the killer instinct of mj, but nobody will. And if he didn’t insist on playing GM and head coach. As a pure basketball player, gonna disagree with you, he’s easily cemented as #2 at worst.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 04:08 PM Today
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:

OKC just got way better. Giddey is trash and Caruso is one of the better defenders in the league.
yeah - Lakers messed up letting Caruso get away. That's a true 3-and-D perimeter player and those have a lot of value.

Surprised Chicago unloaded him for as little as they did.
[Reply]
Pablo 04:55 PM Today
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
I’ve come to respect lebron as he matured and became a better leader over the course of his career. He is easily in the top 2 of all time and obviously plenty of debate between him and Jordan. Without a doubt lebron is the most talented (which includes god given physical characteristics) to ever play the game, and one of the best basketball IQs ever. And I say “one of”, because there were a lot of brilliant players who had no god given talent.

But it’s still Jordan for me. Peak Jordan is the best I’ve ever seen in any sport, which is an insanely high bar when you got guys like tiger out there. Gretzky maybe, but I never followed hockey enough to give an honest opinion. Where mahomes has that rip your heart out mentality behind charm and a smile, Jordan had it but was unapologetically a killer. I respect lebrons killer instinct but Jordan did it better than anyone in any sport. I think that is a GOAT quality that may never be matched for generations to come.
Wait until you get a chance to watch this Mahomes fella..
[Reply]
MarkDavis'Haircut 05:36 PM Today
Originally Posted by Pablo:
Wait until you get a chance to watch this Mahomes fella..
He plays basketball too???
[Reply]
staylor26 05:40 PM Today
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
yeah - Lakers messed up letting Caruso get away. That's a true 3-and-D perimeter player and those have a lot of value.

Surprised Chicago unloaded him for as little as they did.
Not surprising when you're a Bulls fan.

Should've blown this shit up a long time ago. I knew they were fucked the day they traded for Vucevic.
[Reply]
Page 180 of 180
« First < 80130170176177178179180
Up