ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 28 of 28
« First < 182425262728
Nzoner's Game Room>2024 COPA America Thread
MarkDavis'Haircut 06:01 PM 06-20-2024
Beautiful opening message! I can't believe they opened with a prayer. Love it.

Go USA!

Argentina should beat Canada. I hope they do.
[Reply]
DJJasonp 04:47 PM Yesterday
Originally Posted by penguinz:
USMNT peaked in 2002. There is no pride in a team that really isn't competitive on the world stage and hasn't been for over 2 decades.
as a "team playing well together", sure.

But talent-wise, top-to-bottom of roster, this group is WAY more talented than 2002.

2002 to probably 2015ish, USA played kick-ball (bunker down on defense, kick the ball long for a "god I hope we can score on a counter).

We had terrible ball movement, touches, and possession.

This team has better in nearly every position except the back-line and probably goalie.
[Reply]
vonBobo 06:05 PM Yesterday
Originally Posted by penguinz:
If there was a real coach in charge of the team this never happens.
Or have players throwing punches.

This team got pushed around.
[Reply]
RollChiefsRoll 07:44 PM Yesterday
Originally Posted by POND_OF_RED:
On the plus side it does look like the US have found a striker. They showed a lot of good attacking movement with Flo at ST when he was in. That Weah red card will haunt us for a while. This was really the last real test before the World Cup. We have Nations League, but I think Peter Vermes could coach this team to a Nations league win in CONCACAF right now the way Mexico has been playing. One bone headed mistake cost this team from really getting a good barometer of where they are at ahead of the World Cup. Instead it’s just a bunch of what ifs that will likely save Berhalter and drive us all absolutely insane.
Peter Vermes can’t even coach SKC to a win.
[Reply]
Page 28 of 28
« First < 182425262728
Up